Part 2

Devil Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Junhyung… Look, I’m so sorry for what I did and I know I should’ve thought it over before making a decision but… I was just… I was afraid to lose you for real and… Just… Please, call me back…”

Yoseob ended the call—which had went straight to voicemail—and sat down onto his couch, burying his face into his hands. His face and eyes were red and swollen from crying. It had been two days since the incident as the amusement park and Yoseob still felt shattered. Junhyung hadn’t made an appearance since then and hadn’t contacted Yoseob at all.

“Looks like you’re down in the dumps.” Yoseob lifted his face and was greeted by the face of the demon who had made the deal with him. The demon’s inhumanly beautiful face was centimeters away from his. Yoseob was unfazed. The demon grinned, and Yoseob noticed that his teeth were normal. His horns were gone too, and he was dressed more casually, although the lightest shade in his clothes was a dark shade of gray. He had plump, rosy lips and piercing black eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Yoseob muttered, getting up and avoiding the demon’s unbearably close face.

“I’m here to help you on your side of the deal, Yoseob.” The demon sat down onto the couch, sitting in a rather comfortable position: arms open, legs apart and a smug expression on his face.

Yoseob whipped around to face him. He narrowed his eyes. “What?”

“You heard me.”

“Do you seriously think I would care about that stupid deal right now?” Yoseob yelled. “My boyfriend, whose life I saved, won’t even talk to me!”

The demon smirked. That’s right, darken your soul. “Well, you should care, darling, because your life is the one on the line here.”

Yoseob sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was angry and desperate. Maybe if he found the ones who had killed Junhyung, then perhaps Junhyung would talk to him again. Yoseob’s mood brightened.

“Wait. You look very…” Yoseob trailed off, trying to find a suitable word.

“Hot?” The demon laughed, his deep voice was husky. Yoseob raised an amused eyebrow.

“No.” Yoseob smiled. “Actually, kind of.”

The demon laughed again. He shook his head. “Nope, I know what you meant. I look very human, don’t I?”

Yoseob nodded. The demon shrugged. “I’m a demon. I can just switch.”

“Oh…” Yoseob turned and took some water from the fridge.

“I’ll be known as Yongguk from now on.” The demon spoke. “I’ll be helping you capture those guys who were after your man.”

“Yongguk?”

“That’s my legitimate name, yes.” The demon grinned a huge, thick-lipped-gummy smile. Yoseob nodded in understanding and drank the cup of water.

“So…” He began. “How are you going to help me?”

“Basically, I’ll help you locate, ambush and then get your revenge—which will eventually lead to the end of your lifetime here on earth, so I’ll take you to my home, Hell, and then decide when to devour your soul.” Yoseob gaped at him. The demon scratched the back of his head apologetically.

“Sorry, I have a very…blunt personality.” The demon smirked. “I hope I didn’t scare you too much.”

“Well, you did.” Yoseob muttered. He put the cup on the counter with shaky hands and passed by the demon to go to his room. The demon followed him, looking around.

“Why are you following me?” Yoseob groaned in annoyance.

“I’m going to be living here.”

“What?” Yoseob gasped.

“Yeah.” Yongguk walked into Yoseob’s room and sat on the bed. “Oh, I prefer the left side of the bed, if that’s ok with you.”

“Whoa, you are not sleeping in my room.” Yoseob put his hands on his hips.

“Who says I can’t?”

“I do.” Yoseob growled.

“Well, sorry, darling.” Yongguk yawned and pulled the covers over himself. “You don’t make the choices regarding my sleeping habits. Do not forget what I am.”

“It’s my house!” Yoseob whined. Yongguk’s light snore was the only reply he got. “Ugh!”

Yoseob stormed into the living room and decided to sleep on the couch. It was better this way. He was so angry, so sad and so scared at the same time. It was emotionally exhausting for him. He fell asleep with thoughts of Junhyung on his mind.

 

Junhyung held the picture of him and Yoseob, feeling nothing but regret and betrayal. However, as he traced Yoseob’s face behind the glass, he suddenly felt a pang of need and desperation to see and feel and touch Yoseob. He was angry at him for basically sentencing to Hell, but that didn’t mean that he didn’t love Yoseob. He knew that Yoseob made a deal with a demon, but in his anger, Junhyung had never asked what Yoseob had to give in exchange.

His eyes widened in realization: what if Yoseob had given his life?! But then his eyebrows furrowed. Then why is he still here, alive, on earth? Junhyung stood up from the hotel room’s bed and looked at the digital clock that was by the bed. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter