Part 1

Devil Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob stared at the demon, his eyes blazing with determination. The demon grinned, getting closer to the small framed man.

“Good.” His voice was lower and his red eyes flashed. He brought the contract closer to Yoseob. “We just need to seal the deal.”

“Wait…” Yoseob took a deep breath. “What will happen, seriously, to Junhyung? You mentioned his soul becoming tainted.”

“Ah, you caught on to that.” The demon’s smile faltered a bit. “He will live as a half demon. Technically, his soul is already a demon, but only needs to be activated by death.”

Yoseob’s eyes widened. “Really?” His voice was small. “Will he remember me at all? Will he still be Junhyung?”

“Yes…” The demon frowned. “But he won’t know what he is until you tell him— and that, of course, is your choice.”

The demon stared at the pale boy in front of him, waiting for an answer. He was shivering unconsciously because of the cold. He was deep in thought. Then, he nodded. The demon breathed in slight relief, knowing that his next meal was secured—a pure, human soul.

“Alright… I’ll do it.” Yoseob’s voice was small but full of determination. The demon’s disgustingly satanic grin reappeared and he held his clawed hands out.

“Give me your hand.” The demon ordered. Yoseob obeyed, holding his hand out to place in the hands of the demon. He noticed how much he was shaking. The demon’s hands were pale and soft, contrary to what Yoseob had thought. The demon took his index finger and held a claw up. Yoseob gulped. His finger was going to be pricked. It happened quicker than he thought because the demon’s claw was a lot sharper than he expected.

“Ah!” He hissed. The demon chuckled and let Yoseob’s hand go as soon as the droplet of scarlet blood hit the black paper. It glowed and then turned into a black, claw shaped pendant with a black string.

“Here. You must wear this at all times as proof of our deal.” The necklace lifted by itself and immediately went around Yoseob’s neck. The demon then walked over to Junhyung. He wordlessly opened Junhyung’s mouth with his hands and pointed the claw of his left index finger into the dead man’s mouth. He chanted something under his breath and a thin stream of red smoke entered Junhyung’s mouth. After a few seconds, he stood up and faced Yoseob, who hadn’t moved one step.

“It’s done.” The demon’s voice was victorious. “He’ll wake up pretty soon.”

“Thank you.” Yoseob muttered, staring at Junhyung.

“Don’t thank me.” The demon laughed. “You only have three weeks to fulfill your part of the deal, in which you find who did this to him and decide your revenge.”

The demon disappeared then, before Yoseob could ask anything or to even complain or beg for more time. He took a step forward, looking around, and his eyes still wide. His hands flew to his chest where the black pendant was, and he looked at it. Under other circumstances, he would’ve thought that it was beautiful, but right now, it symbolized a demon and a deal that saved his boyfriend’s life while putting his own under a curse.

“Yoseob…” Junhyung’s low grown snapped Yoseob out of his thoughts and brought him back to the present.

“Junhyung! You’re awake!” Yoseob was thrilled to see him breathing. Junhyung sat up, rubbing his head. Yoseob rushed to his side.

“Are you alright? Do you feel any pain?” Yoseob looked him over, checking where all the injuries were.

“I… I’m fine…” Junhyung looked around, confused. “But how?”

Yoseob paused unnoticeably. “I… I um. I saw you here and you had passed out.”

Junhyung looked at him, his eyes questioning. “What? I thought I was dead?”

“No, no, you weren’t.” Yoseob smiled nervously, helping Junhyung stand up. “I was on my way home and I saw you about to get beat so I came. They all ran, though.”

Junhyung didn’t look convinced, so Yoseob was relieved when he just nodded and stopped asking questions. He was just so quiet though.

“Hey…” Yoseob cupped Junhyung’s face in his hands. He looked at his face, observing, but nearly had a heart attack when he saw a drastic change. Junhyung had gotten paler and his skin was cool and he had pitch black eyes. They weren’t the warm brown shade anymore, but they were black and almost terrifying.

“Are you alright?” Junhyung became worried. Yoseob was acting pretty weird. Junhyung felt sore at first, but right now, his body was too fine to ever have been hurt. He just knew something was going on, but Yoseob didn’t seem to want to answer anything. He noticed that Yoseob was wearing the necklace he had brought.

“Where did you get that?” Junhyung asked. Yoseob flinched.

“Oh, I found this in your coat while trying to look for your phone.” Yoseob said calmly.

“Oh, really?” Junhyung was still pretty skeptical, but chose to believe his boyfriend. “Well, it looks beautiful on you. Do you like it?”

“Yes, I love it…” Yoseob grinned, glad that the mood was becoming lighter. Junhyung smiled and pulled Yoseob in for a hug, his smile disappearing as soon as Yoseob couldn’t see his face. He knew that Yoseob was hiding something. But why? It couldn’t be too important, right?

“Let’s go home?” Junhyung murmured into Yoseob’s hair, suddenly feeling hungry. “I’m really hungry…”

“Did you even eat today?” Yoseob pulled away, worry etched into features. Junhyung shook his head. Yoseob sighed and took Junhyung’s hand. “Come, I’ll cook you some ramen.”

 

“Ah, that was delicious.” Junhyung burped, patting his stomach. Yoseob chuckled and brought the dishes to the sink and began cleaning up. He still couldn’t look at Junhyung in the eyes. He didn’t know how to tell Junhyung what he had done. Also, the way the faintest details on Junhyung changed had scared Yoseob. He had to tell Junhyung and soon.

“I’m sorry that our anniversary was ruined… I had imagined something totally different.” Junhyung hugged Yoseob from behind and kissed his neck. Yoseob chuckled and finished up.

“Its fine, Junhyung.” Yoseob turned and kissed his lips. “We can always do something next weekend.”

Junhyung frowned slightly, and then pulled away. “I really am sorry.”

“And I said its ok…” Yoseob pecked his lips again. Junhyung smiled and deepened the kiss, pressing his body against Yoseob and hungrily biting and on the smaller boy’s lips. Yoseob yelped in pain and pulled a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter