Melted

Melted

It has been one month since Jungkook had moved in with the girl. He has yet to go back to his parent's place. He grew to enjoy life with the girl. The two grew closer with every passing day. More words were exchanged. Little things such as accidently touching her hands would cause butterflies in the two's tummies. Her little gestures would make his heart skip a beat. He was truely grateful to the girl who was once a stranger, she was his savior. She who knew nothing of his background and only saw a beat up boy on the streets did not judge him for his exterior and helped him. The girl had sheltered him from the cold outside. 

The pair would walk to school together. Although they got looks from the other students, they did not care. The two were in their own world and only acknowledged each other's existance. Jungkook's bruises and scratches eventually faded as time passed. He gradually became more popular with girls throughout the school, but he did not care for them. The only person he wanted to be noticed by was the girl. He was not sure if the girl had shared his feelings and kept how he felt inside, but spending everyday together was enough. The girl, although she was beautiful, was bullied harshly. The girls would pull and beat her behind the school. Some did it because they were jealous of her beauty. Some hurt her because they were jealous of her relationship with Jungkook. Jungkook always came to her rescue. Though she would say many times that he did not have to since he had to anymore since he had already repaid his debt to her, he always came to rescue the damsel in distress. The boy thought he would never be able to repay the kindness that she had shown him.

Jungkook wanted to help the girl and be of use to her. The girl had paid for rent, groceries, and anything he needed. The boy felt a pit of guilt in his stomach everytime she had spent money on him. So, he went out and found a job at a cafe. He tried his best to get promoted to manager to help the girl pay rent and support himself. The two worked hard, they gave each other strength to keep trying harder. The girl worked hard as a sales assistant at a near by mall to support the two as well. She got discounts so occasionally the two would go shopping together, though it was mostly window shopping.

One day the two went shopping at the mall. They had passed by a jewelry store and something caught the girls attention. It was a beautiful promise ring with a not so beautiful price. The girl marveled at the promise rings shine. It was encrusted with small crystals and had an attractive glow that would attract everyone's attention. The boy saw the look in the girl's eyes. 

"Do you want to go in and buy it?" He asked the girl.

"No. I don't have enough money to pay for this. Besides I have more ways to spend my money, like paying this month's rent." She went ahead leaving the boy staring at the ring. 

Jungkook thought to himself. He thought that he should give her this ring as a gift. She has always tried her best to make them both happy and provide for the two of them, but for once Jungkook thought, for once he should give her something special. When the two got home the boy was still thinking about the ring. Then it dawned on him. He could confess with the ring. It would be perfect. Of course he knew there was a chance of rejection, but he did not mind. He would still give her the gift. He was fine having a one sided love, being by her side was enough for him. The next week he came back to the mall without the girl. He went into the store to inquire about the price and for a chance of a discount. The store owner said that she would hold the ring until he came back with enough money. The boy came in once every week to make sure the ring was not sold, and he would always bring pastries from the cafe he had worked at for the owner and her husband. The owner grew to like the boy and said she would give him a special discount after seeing how dedicated he was to the girl to come in every week to check on the ring. 

For the next 2 months the boy worked hard for tips and raises to earn enough money to buy the ring. The day had finally come. He had saved up exactly enough for the ring she had wanted and for the two's date. He came in all excited. The store owner had noticed his excitement and took out the ring.

"So the day has come? Are you ready to give this to your future girlfriend?" The store owner had asked.

"Yes the day has come. Thank you so much for the wonderful discount too. I can not tell you how much I appreciate what you have done for me." He said to the smiling store owner.

"It's nothing. After I saw how determined you were, I could not resist to give you a discount." The smiling lady said to the boy. He handed her all his hard earned cash. She counted up every single bill down to the cents too. It was the perfect amount.

"Let me put this in a special case for you." She took the ring out of its case and placed it in a sleek black box and handed it to the boy. 

"Thank you so much." He said to  the lady with a 90 degrees bow.

"It's no problem. I want to thank you for your bussiness and for your thoughtful pastries for me and my husband. You were so considerate in picking out pastries that were to our liking." The store owner said to the boy with  grateful tone.

"I will continue to visit every so often. Thank you so much." He gave the old couple once last 90 degree bow and exited the store with a wide grin.

He came home before the girl and hid the ring in his suitcase o hse would not find it. He had planned to bring the girl on a date the next weekend that came and confess to her at the end of the date. He was full of excitement, but he tried to tone it down when the girl came home.

"Why do you look so happy today? Did you get a raise?" She inquired.

"Um yeah something like that." Was all the boy could manage to say since he did not want to lie to her. 

A few days later the two were together in the apartment. He was enjoying an episode of SpongeBob on the tv while she was cooking up a nice dinner. The girl had  strange feeling in her chest. No, this was not her increasing heartbeat because of the boy's charm. It was something else, but the girl couldn't name it. She continued to cook dinner, ignoring her chest pain. The pain gradually increased as she was making the meal for two. Jungkook heard a clang and turned to look in the kitchen to see her on the floor clenching her chest. He rushed over and held the girl up. He looked at her with worried eyes and was panicked.

"Are you ok?! Do I need to call the ambulance?!" He did not know what to do in situation. The girl looked like she was experiencing excruciating pain. Jungkook carried her over to the couch and laid her down. He picked up the phone and was about to dial the emergency room, but the girl stopped him. 

"I'm- I'm ok." She said in a labored breath. 

"No you aren't!" He exclaimed.

"It's ok- the pain- it's fading." She paused for a second to slow her breath. Jungkook saw that she was improving so put the phone down. His eyes were still filled with worry and panic.

"See, I'm all better now." She said with a big smile.

"Just in case rest on the couch. I'll finish making dinner." He said to her. 

"But you can't cook."She replied to him.

"Well we are gonna have to make an exception for today because ther is no way you are getting back up again." He laid her back down on the couch and covered her with a blanket and then headed to the kitchen. He attempted to finish the cooking. Soon dinner was served.

"I tried ok. It may not look as appetizing as your food, but it might taste pretty good."He said feeling insecure. The girl took a bite of the bibimbap he had created. 

"It may not taste like my bibimbap, but I think it's delicious since you tried your hardest to cook it. She ate all of the food with a smile on her face. After dinner Jungkook still had a worried look on his face for he feared she might hurt again.

Many days passed and the weekend came once again. Today was the day he was going to confess. Jungkook woke up early at 7 with a smile. Usually the girl slept in on a Saturday so he had sometime before the girl woke up to ready himself. He packed his backpack for their adventure today. He had the whole day prepped and planned. He had tickets for Lotte World and more. He had dressd in his best clothes. He had gone to the grocery store the night before and was ready to make her a nice breakfast. He had practiced all week in the home ec room at school to be able to make a presentable breakfast of pancakes and blueberry muffins. It wasn't the most extravagant breakfast out there, but it was made with the intent of putting a smile on the girl's face. Jungkook cleaned up in the kitchen and made himself look presentable. 

Then 9 o'clock came. The girl had woken up. She came out of her room and went to the restroom to freshen. Since she was still sleepy she did not notice the breakfast laid out on the counter. She did not notice it coming out of the bathroom either. The girl came out with glases on her face and a bun of hair on her head. She was shocked to see that breakfast was already made. She looked around to see Jungkook standing near the couch. He looked a little nervous and fidgety. 

"Did you do all of this?" She asked him in shock.

"Uh-yeah. I thought for once I would make breakfast so you could just rest easy for once." He replied. The girl looked slightly amused and went to the counter filled with pancakes. The boy joined her at the counter. He was eager to see her response to his cooking. The girl poured syrup on top of her stack of pancakes served with a side of fresh fruit. She picked up a for and knife and cut into the stck. Jungkook watched as she took her first bite and chewed. She swallowed and looked at Jungkook.

"This is...this is delicious. It's super flufy and has the perfect amount of sweetness. You did good." She said to him with a wide smile. She continued to eat with a wide grin on her face. Jungkook joined her in the meal. The two ate contently till they were full.

"Where did you learn how to make this?" She asked the boy.

"Oh I learned it from some books in the library. It took a couple tries but I as finally able to make decent pancakes and muffins."He replied.

"Thank-you for doing all of this for me."The girl said with a grateful tone.

"Ok so now go back in your room and put on your nicest outfit. I have another surprise for you!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"Well alright." She giggled and skipped back to her room. 

"Don't worry I'll clean up out here." And he did. Jungkook quickly, but carefully, washed all the dishes. 

The girl came back out in a cute over sized t-shirt and jeans with a bag and hightops. Her makeup was very natural. It did not cover her face, it only enhanced her already beautiful features. Her feather-like brown hair 

"So, where are we headed?" She asked in an excited voice. 

"You'll know when we get there." He gave her a mysterious discreet reply. He grabbed her wrists and the two were out the door. They took a taxi up to their destination. As they were nearing their stop, Jungkook took out a handkerchief and blindfolded the girl. Giddy with excitement Jungkook paid the taxi driver and pulled the girl out of the car. The girl laughed and giggled as they continued to walk to their mystery destination. Then they soon came to a stop.

"So are you going to tell me where we are?"She inquired.

"Yep, right now." He took off the blindfold. Her eyes filled with excitement. 

"Oh my gosh! Lotte World!" The girl said in a loud voice. The two excited teens ran towards the ticket booth. Jungkook handed the lady their tickets and they headed inside. They went on the first ride they saw. They laughed and screamed together for the next 4 hours. They finally calmed down and bought some food. The two decided to sit down at a near by bench to enjoy their hot dogs and soda.

"Thank you, for taking me here. I have only been here once before when my parents took me. I vagually remember what we did, but what I did remember was that feeling of happiness and joy. You gave me that feeling again today, thank-you." This was one of the only moments the girl had ever been this happy.

"I'm glad you're happy. You deserve it. Today's the first day I came to Lotte World, and I'm glad that I came here with you." Both enjoyed their food and drinks then continued to play for 2 more hours.

It's 4pm and the two dcided they had enough and left Lotte World. The girl had thought they were going to head home, but Jungkook had one more surprise in store. The two went to a cafe to grab dinner and rest after being on their feet all day. After finishing dinner, they walked through a park to head back to their apartment. This is the big moment when Jungkook decided to bring out his last surprise. He tapped the girl's shoulder and she turned around. 

"I have one last surprise for you. Don't say anything until I finish please." He said to her. She nodded.

"I want to thank-you from the bottom of my heart. You saved me from what could have been a worthless future. You gave me meaning and a reason to live. You gave me a purpose. No amount of thank-you's will ever be enough to repay the kindness that you showed me that first night. I want to spend my whole life trying to pay back even a little portion of what you have given to me. I grew to enjoy spending everyday with you. I enjoyed walking to school with you, eating breakfast with you, and just being near you. Everyday with you has brought me so much joy. Everyday, from the moment I saw your face I got butterflies in my tummy. I don't know if you feel the same as me, but even if you don't I will still keep these feelings." The girl was about to speak, but he silenced her with his index finger over her lips. He took out the black box with the ring inside. 

"Do you remember that day when we were at the mall? You were looking at a beautiful sparkling promise ring" The girl nodded.

"Well, although it does not even begin measure up to your beauty-" He kneeled down and opened the box to reveal the sparkling ring.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He was eagerly awaiting her respponse. The girl was still very shocked, but soon snapped out of it. She gulped and opened to speak.

"I surely have been through a lot. I may have not been through as much as you have, but I certainly know tthat there is more to you than the boy I saw on the streets. The more time I spent with you, the more I grew to like you. You aren't like the other guys at school, I saw and I knew you were different. You say you can never repay me, but I think you have done more than enough. I enjoy spending everyday with you as well. I love sharing laughs and giggles with you. Everyday is like an adventure with you. I can't thank you enough for the amount of emotional and mental support you have given me. I was a wreck with the death of my parents, but you showed me the light too. Jeon Jungkook, I will be your girlfriend." She said with a smile. The two newly made couple burst into tears of joy. The boy placed the ring on her ring finger then stood up to give the maiden a kiss on her lips. 

"This ring is just a placeholder until I can make money to get you a better one. It's going to serve as a symbol of my promise to you. I promise that I will marry you someday and I'll sweep you off your feet away from that tiny apartment."The girl smiled at his words. 

The happy couple walked back to their apartment in tears of joy. They were both filled with content. 

Weeks passed as they started ther life together as a couple. As the days passed it seemed as if the girl blossomed along with the two's growing love. Then it happened again. It was just a normal Sunday night. The happy coupe were on the couch watching a movie and goofing around on the couch.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook you better stop tickling me!" She said to the boy in a laugh

"Never!" The boy seemed relentless to give up.

"Ok. I'l get more popcorn now. Don't plot any tickle torture plans when I'm gone." She said to him. Both were laughing, but they wouldn't stay like this for long.

The girl stood up only to fall onto the floor. She clenched her chest like before. Jungkook tried to bring her back on the couch to some how relieve her pain. The situation had quickly changed from being light hearted to life threatening. The pain seemed to be worse than the first time. Jungkook reached for the phone to call for the paramedics, but the girl grabbed his arm and shook her head. He complied with her request. He headed into the kitchen and grabbed her a glass of water. He helped her drink the water and held her close until she had become normal again. 

"Why is this happening again?" He asked with a worried face.

"It must be allergies or like an asthma attack. I'll take some allergy medication and I'll be fine. No need to worry about me. Calm down." The girl had said to the boy in a very calm voice. Of courese the boy still worried. 

" Shouldn't we go to the hospital or like a doctor?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine. No need to waste the doctor's time on something as small as allergies. Now I will had to bed and you should too." She quickly entered her room and it was quiet for the rest of the night. 

2 months had passed by. A lot had happened in those 2 months. One day when the two were walking through the mall, Jungkook was stopped by a man in a suit. He had been scouted. Jungkook has his doubts, but he went through the audition process and made it into the company.

The girl's life had changed drastically as well. As the weeks passed her attacks were happening more frequently. Jungkook was finally able to persuade the girl into visiting a doctor at the public hospital to try and figure out what was wrong. When they visited the doctor, all kinds of tests were conducted. They concluded that the condition of her heart was weakening, but they did not know why. In the end they were sent home with pills and an answer that only lead to more questions. They tried to continue life normally, but Jungkook was not home as often because of his training. Then soon a year had passed by.

It had been almost been a year since they first met. Jungkook thought he should plan a special outing for their 1 year anniversery since they first met. Jungkook was training hard for a whole year at the entertainment company. He had met with the company president and they were in talks of his debut with a group. Everything seemed to have been going along smoothly. His heart beated excitedly everyday. The girl's attacks seemed to have died down and then the two thought nothing of it. Although, the boy always had a thought of wory in the back of his mind.

The girl came after a long day of work at the mall. He greeted her with a smile  and she smiled back, but the boy noticed that something was off. She seems more tired than usual, he thought. The girl walked groggily towards her room and Jungkook watched her with eagle like eyes and followed her from behind. 

"You don't need to stare me down, I'm ok. I'm just a little tired." She said in a labored breath. 

She walked closer to her bedroom door, but then her body slammed onto the wall. Jungkook quickly caught the girl. He panicked for the girl's eyes were not open. The poy checked her pulse. She was alive, but not concious. He picked her up and ran her towards the nearest hospital. The hospital nurses quickly rushed her to a doctor. Jungkook went with her with tear filled eyes. He prayed that she would be ok. 

2 hours had passed and the boy was still waiting inside the waiting room. A nurse had approached the red-eyed teen.

"The doctor would like you to come into the room now. She's awake." He stood up almost instantaneously and followed the nurse into a small room. Tears began to falll again as he laid eyes on the pale girl. She gave him a weak smile then turned to the female doctor inside the room. 

"Are you the one who brought her in?" The doctor asked. Jungkook nodded. 

"Well it's a good thing you did. Now we know about the condition of her heart." Both the boy and the girl looked questioned. 

"The condition of heart has gradually been getting worse ever since she had her first attack. I'm afraid that as the attacks continue her heart will continue to get weaker everytime. After a couple more attacks she may not be able to recover." The doctor paused for a moment to let the two process.

"So are you saying that I might-I might die if I get another attack?" The girl inquired quietly. Her eyes started to be come like glass. While the boy was still shocked from the doctor's words.

"Yes. I'm sorry to have to say that to you. The good news is that you are still very young, so there is a possibilty of heart surgery." 

"Surgery?" The girl asked.

"Yes, heart surgery. There is an 80% chance of you recovering from your current condition, so I would highly suggested. I know this a lot to take in right now so I will leave you to think about what I just said. I'll be back tomorrow morning to give you a better explaination. Please rest up." And with that the doctor left. 

The two stayed silent for a momment. Both were still in shock from what they just heard.

"Jungkook...You should go back to the apartment...Get some rest..." The girl said to the boy in an almost silent whisper.

"No, I want to stay here with you." He stubbornly said.

"I'll be fine. There are nurses and doctors here to take care of me. Go home and get some rest."

"I'm fine. I've pulled plenty of all nighters while training this will be nothing."

"Fine. You're so stubborn. If you want to stay that baddly then can you go back and grab me some clothes?" She asked.

"Alright, fine." He stood up slowly and walked away. He was still worried about the girl as he left the hospital. 

He headed back home cold and alone. He changed clothes and grabbed the girl a couple changes of clothing. He was still in a daze as he walked back to the hospital. He just couldn't believe it. His savior, the love of his life, was dying. He broke down into tears as he reached the park where he had asked her to be his girl. It had barely been a year... Then he felt something touched his. The boy looked up to see snowflakes falling from the sky. The sky's frozen tears fell upon the boy's tears. He picked himself up and wiped away his tears. I can't let her see me like this, I have to be strong for her, he thought to himself. He continued his sober walk towards the hospital.

As he entered the hospital room he could see the pale girl still awake watching tv.

"Welcome back."

"Hey. I grabbed your phone, charager, and clothes." He plugged in the charger and charged her phone.

"Thank-you."She said in a tired voice.

He grabbed a chair and sat next to the bed. Somehow he fell asleep and so did the girl. Jungkook woke up sometime later. He checked his phone to see that it was, 3am. The girl had fallen asleep and the tv was still on. He turned off the tv. They boy covered the girl with the the hospital blanket and exited the room to go to the restroom. When he headed back to the room a nurse had stopped him.

"You have been here all night with her right? Sometimes the hospital's heater shuts off during the night so- here take this blanket. It'll be cold tonight." The middle aged nurse smiled.

"Thank-you ma'am." He gave a small bow.

"She's very lucky to have someone like you. Now go along."She smiled and walked away. 

Jungkook brought the blanket back and wrapped himself with it as he sat back down on  the chair. The boy fell asleep at the girl's bedside. Then the next morning came. The doctor came in during the afternoon.

"Good afternoon. How are you two?" The doctor asked. 

"We're both fine." The girl answered.

The doctor explained everything about the possibility of heart surgery and the risks. The only problems were one that there was a waiting list, and two the price. 

"This hospital does offer finnancial help if you meet the requirements. I also have been meaning to ask if there are any family members that we could call?"

"No...He's the only one I have..."And she faced Jungkook. 

"I'm sorry I asked. Now, unfortunately the hospital is busy right now and we can only keep so many patients so you have to leave tomorrow morning. I'm sorry."

"What! What if she has another heart problem?" Jungkook asked, concerened for the girl.

"I'm sorry. All I can do is send you home with some medication. I really would want to keep you here under observation, but other than your heart, you have a clean bill of health. We don't know when your next attack will be so we can't keep you here forever until the surgery if you choose to go through it." The doctor said they could comeback again once the girl had decided if she wanted the surgery.

The next morning the two went back to the apartment. Both had told their work that they would take the next couple of weeks off. The girl would stay home to rest and the boy would stay to take care of her. Their anniversary day was approaching and the boy was contemplating on if he should take the risk of bringing her somewhere or just celebrate at home. He decided to just take her to the zoo. So it wouldn't be too much for her heart as riding a rollercoaster. He didn't mind really, as long as he was with her.

The morning before their anniversary Jungkook headed out to buy groceries. He had bought enough for the week and tomorrow's special breakfast. He took a shortcut through an alley like he always did, but today was a little different. A man witha big frame was walking towards him, but Jungkook thought nothing of it and continued to walk. Then when the man got closer Jungkok found himself pinned against a wall. 

"What are you doing here little boy? This is my alley. You gotta pay a fee if you gonna pass through. These groceries seem to be a nice payment." The man tried to grab the grocery bags from the boy's hand, but he didn't budge. He spent the last of his paycheck on the groceries. 

"Are you saying you won't pay me boy?"

"Why do I have to pay you when you gave me nothing?" The boy bravely said.

"I gave you the chance to walk away from here unharmed. Now imma ask again. Are you gonna give me my payment?" The angry man asked.

"No.It's not your payment to take." Jungkook replied.

The man punched the boy in the face and Jungkook fell to the ground with the groceries. Jungkook got up and fought back. Some how he managed to make the man fall into a dumpster. Jungkook quickly gathered his groceries and ran back towards the apartment. The girl was shocked when she saw his scratched up face when he got back to the apartment. She treated his wounds. Memories from the first time they met rushed back to them. Then night soon came.

"Be ready for tomorrow. I'll take you somewhere fun again." The girl nodded with a smile. As the days passed the girl seemed to grow weaker, but her smile was as bright as ever. 

The next morning came. Jungkook greeted her with breakfast in bed. The two had then headed out for their date at the zoo. Both had an exciting day at the zoo. And head headed back to the apartment. They approached the park where Jungkook had asked her out. They kissed at the exact spot it happened and strolled through memory lane. They took a rest at a nearby bench. Jungkook got upp to throw away some trash. When he turned around the girl had disappeared. He quickly walked back towards the bench then looked around the entire park. She was no where to be found. He ran and searched the park calling her name. There was no response. Then the boy felt something hard hit the back of his head and then all he saw was black.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes. He felt a sharp pain at the back of his head. He felt that his hands were bound behind his back. He was on the floor. The confused boy looked around the room and then he saw her. The girl was on the round a couple feet away with her hands als bound behind her back. He struggled and crawled towards her. He nuzzled her head. The girl blicked her eyes and awoke. She was just as confused as he was. He was just glad she wasn't hurt.

"Jungkook-are you ok?" She asked with a worried and confused face. Jungkook was about to answer when he heard the sound of a garage door open. Light filled the dimmly lit room. Jungkook was able to see that they were inside a warehouse. The two heard many footsteps enter the building and the voices of many men.

"Oh look here. The lovely couple are awakened. How's your head little boy? Need some ice?" Jungkook recognized the voice. It was the voice of the man from the alley. 

"You see, first you refuse to pay me for using my alley, and two you pushed me into a dumpster. Now you're here so I can teach you that you're the real trash." The man said to to boy's face. 

"And I brought a coupe of friends to help you learn that. Oh and I'm sure your girlfriend will be great encouagement. My friends will be sure to treat her....gently." He said. 

The men punched and kicked the boy. Jungkook felt his ribs being crushed under their feet.He felt a huge pain in his chest. Blood gushed out from his mouth. The boy continued to cough out blood. His face and eyes were swollen. He could barely see what was going on aymore. He could hear her screams from a couple feet way. She cried for them to stop. She pleaded. She kept yelling to let the boy go. That she would take his beating for him.

"Maybe we should take her up on her offer, but instead of hurting her, maybe she'll provide us a little entertainment. Would you guys enjoy that?" His associates agreed in unison. The boy used all of his strength to speak.

"NO-PLE-PLEASE-DON'T.DON'T HURT HER PLEASE!" The boy begged and pleaded as tears rolled down his bloody swollen cheeks.

"Well you heard the boy. Let's compromise. How about we beat you and keep you alive so you can hear your girlfriends screams as she entertains us." The man laughed and punched the boy in the face. This isn't what I wanted, the boy thought. He looked over to see her with red swollen eyes crying waterfalls. Two men approached her. One started to unbotton her blouse. The girl had tried to fight back and managed to knock the man down. The other man had restrained her again. The man who fell back slapped her face and yelled something Jungkook couldn't comprehend. His mind was slowly fading, but he did his best to stay alive during the beating he looked into her eyes.Part of him wanted to just give up so the pain would fade, but the other part of him told him to stay alive for the girl. He made eye contact wtih her watery eyes as the men stripped away her clothes.

"Scream all you want girl. This warehouse is all the way in the outskirts of Seoul no one will hear you're screams out here. This is the abandoned warehouse district 21. No one comes here accept for us. 

Jungkook felt a surge of rage. The man who was beating him got close to his face.

"Had enough yet?" Jungkook mustered all his strength and head butted the man. 

"YOU LITTLE-HOW DARE YOU HURT ME AGAN?! I GUESS YOU HAVEN'T LEARNED YOUR LESSON,BUT I GUESS YOU'LL LEARN WHEN YOU DIE CAUSE THATS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU!" The man was filled with rage. He called his friends over.

"HAND ME THAT GUN YOU GOT LAST WEEK!" 

"What? You're really going to kill him?! You're crazy!" His friend replied.

"I SAID GIVE IT TO ME DAMNIT!" The friend unwillingly gave him the gun.

"SEE YOU'RE GONNA DIE HERE AND NOW! I GAVE YOU PLENTY OF CHANCES TO LIVE BUT YOU CHOSE WRONG AGAIN!" He pointed the gun at Jungkook's chest.

"Don't do it man! We're going to get arrested!" His friends tried to convince him to stop commiting his act of murder.

"No one will miss this little anyways! Now shut up and let me kill him!" Jungkook had one last tear flow down his cheek. He closed his eyes and braced himself. The image of the girl came to his mind and then he heard a gun shot. 

He was not dead. Jungkook opened his eyes to see the gun with smoke rising from it. He felt weight on his legs. He looked down to see the girl. She took the shot for him.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Jungkook screamed hysterically. The men stood there shocked. The girl was still alive she turned and looked up at the boy. His tears fell and hit her face.

"Why......"He sobbed.

"Because-I love you Jeon Jungkook. Like-like you said, I- guess-I'm you're savior, but you're mine too...Please live." Her breaths became shorter. Then everyone heard something drop from her hands. A cell phone. The man who had fired the shot grabbed the phone. To his horror and surprise the girl had dialed the police. They heard everything. Then the three assulters realized that they had accidently said the location of the warehouse not too long ago. They heard the sirens outside and panicked. The police entered the warehouse and took away the men. The policemen cut their restraints. Jungkook held onto the girl's almost limp body.

"I-I love you too! Please live! He hugged her. He kissed the barely concious girl's lips. His tears ran down her cheeks. She was in so much pain, but she still managed to smile as if she was ok. The paremedics came and lifted her away towards ambulance. He screamed as she was taken towards the a seperate ambulance. They paramedics had to restrain him on the gurney. 

"It'll be ok. She'll be fine. Calm down. You'll see her again at the hospital. Please calm down so we can the both of you there." A paremedic said to him. He stopped struggling as he saw her loaded into the other ambulance. Soon they arrived at the hospital and the two were rushed to emergency surgery. The two were pushed next to each other. He held her hand for as long as he could, but then they were seperated into different surgery rooms. Then afterwards everything went black.

Jungkook slowly opened up his eyes. Then he suddenly got up looking for the girl. Then felt a sharp pain all over his body.

"Please lay back down Mr.Jeon. You finally woke up after four days." Jungkook layed back down his mind became flooded with his last couple momments with the girl. 

The doctors had explained his condition to him. The boy had four broken ribs, his left arm was broken and his left ankle was fractured. His face was also left swollen and bruised. The only thing the doctor had not said was the condition of the girl. 1 week had passed and the boy was finally able to learn of the girl's condition. The girl had undergone and emergency heart transplant at the last moment to save her life. The only problem was that she had still not woken up every since the surgery. The doctors were puzzlled and did not know if her body was willing to accept the heart. Soon Jungkook was able to walk with the help of crutches. He had gone to visit the girl everyday in hopes that she would wake up. The boy would sleep beside her everynight he could in hopes she would wake up.

One night he fell asleep by her bedside, but then awoke because he felt something touching his head. He turned to see the girl awake petting his head. He started to cry. And hugged her. He called nurses and doctors into the room. A week passed. Jungkook was able to go home with casts around his ankle and arm, but the girl had to reamain under the hospital's watch since she was shot. Jungkook arrived at the empty apartment in a taxi. He slowly made his way to the tiny apartment. It was lifeless without her smile to liven the place up. He grabbed a change of clothes and a bag for the girl. He emptied out the fridge that was filled with expired food. Then headed back to the hospital. He sat by her bedside everyday. Soon he had to go back to work because the two had no more money. He headed back to the cafe where he worked. His boss took pity on him and gave him extra pay every week. 

One day he was holding her hand he realized something. She was not wearing the ring. He asked the nurses, but the nurses said there was no ring in her personal effects. He headed to the police station and asked the detective that was at the scene if there was a ring found. The detective had said that they cleared the entire warehouse but found no ring. Jungkook thought that the only place the ring could be was the park. He ran to the park. He dug in everysnowpile, the dirt, he was searching desperatly. He almost gave up. Then he saw a glimmer in the bush. He went towards it, it was the ring! He had tears of joy. 

Jungkook walked back to the hospital and to the girl's room. 

"Why do you look so happy? You were gone practically the whole day."

"I have something to ask you again. I know we didn't have the best anniverary ever, but maybe this will make up for it. He went to her bedside and knelt down.

"Will you marry me?" He was serious. He had the same ring, but a different question today. The girl became teary eyed.

"Yes, yes Jeon Jungkook! I will marry you!" The couple kissed and hugged for a while. The doctor and nurses came in and congratulated them.

"When you get out of here, I'll take you to buy a real ring."

"Jeon Jungkook, I would marry you without a ring any day!" They kissed again.

Doctors say her body was accepting the new heart and she was doing well, but then after five days her contion took a turn for the worse. With everyday he visited her she grew paler. Her lips were dry and chapped. She seemed tired every growing day. Doctors say that the new heart was starting to fail as well and were frantically searching for what went wrong. He tried to keep his mood happy when he visited her, but the girl could always see through his facade.

One day he came to the hospital for his daily visit. The snow had started to melt and the sun seemed brighter. He had brought cake from the cafe to celebrate the coming sping. He walked into the hallway she was located had doctors and nurses frantically running around. He wondered what was happening then he realized that they were all going towards her room. He ran towards the room. She was surrounded by doctors. 

Beep Beep Beeeeeeeeeeep

He droped the cake. He fell to the floor in tears. He stood up and walked towards the girl's body. She showed no movement. Her eyes were lifeless. He cried and held the girl for an hour. Then doctor came into the room and patted the boy on the back. Jungkook took one last look at her beautiful yet lifeless face before the nurses had covered her up.

 

 

3 YEARS LATER

3 years had now passed since the girl had left. Jungkook had debuted in BTS. The group was becoming popular and successful. He was happy, but there still was a void that no one could fill. The members always asked about the ring he wore as a necklace. All he would do was chuckle. It was a nice spring day. Jungkook sat at the window. The sun was shining brightly. He looked at the ring that hung on the necklace chain. Today was the day of her death anniversary. He smiled at the ring as a single tear fell from his eye. Today was the day my savior became my guardian angel in the heavens, he thought. Then quickly wiped away his tears as his hyungs called for him. He ran happily towards s with the image of the smiling girl in the back of his mind.

 

 

The End

 

 

So it's the end....how was it? Good? Bad? Please leave comments, I really appreciate them. I hope you guys enjoyed reading. I know I said that this chapter was going to be up soon, but school started for me.  ;-; This chapter was the longest thing I ever wrote. Really hoped you like it and if you have any reccomendations or tips of what I should do next please comment. Oh and sorry if you see any grammar mistakes >.<