Unfortunate

Love is such a weird thing

M A R K ' S  POV

It was between the first and second periods of the day when I heard the dreadful over speaker say my name.

"Would Mark Tuan please report to the office."

I froze in my place. What did I do? I rake my brain, trying to think of the slightest thing I could have done in the past that could have led up to this. I'm a good kid. I almost never skip classes and I get A's and B's in all my classes.

"Hey didn't they just announce your name?" A way too familiar voice said, next to me.

It was Bambam, the poor kid doesn't get the message that I do not want to talk to him, or have anything to do with him. But ever since science, he doesn't leave my side. Not to mention, he never stopped talking since we left class.

"I'm not deaf," I mumble out, not wanting him to hear.

The warning bell saved me from the wrath of spending time with him, and he parted ways with me to scurry to class. I rolled my eyes and slowly started making my way to the office, each step adding to the anxiety.

By the time I was at the office door, I had to wipe my hands on my jeans to just to turn the knob. I exhaled and put a small smile on my face, not wanting the adults to suspect me for something else.

What was behind that door would change my life forever. [Maybe]

It was the kid that ran into me earlier, sitting beside our school principal. "Uh..."

I started to wonder if they had the right person, and that's when she explained what was going on.

"Oh, hi Mark," Her smile was clearly fake. "Jackson, this is Mark." She gestured to me with boh her hands.

Why is she introducing him to me? I had no choice but to provide a small wave and a hi.

His face when he looked up from the floor was one that screamed, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE. "Hi," he sputtered out after a few seconds of silence.

I glared at him and looked back at the principal, "Er... may I ask what I'm doing here?"

That broke her gaze into nowhere. "Oh," She chuckled a bit, "Well, Jackson here is a new student, and I'd like you to show him around."

My mouth dropped open, why, out of all people, did she happen to choose me? I closed my mouth and looked over at the punk, he was as surprised as I was.

"Uh,"

"Great!" She got up from her seat and handed me a piece of paper, "Here's his schedule, I'm sure you'll get along fine."

She proceeded to push us both out of the room. I'm 99% sure she hates children. I sigh and start walking back to my class.

"Hey! Aren't you going to show me to my class?"

I look back, I forgot about him. To be honest, I really could care less for him. "You're in what, sophomore year? You can show yourself around."

"I'm actually a senior," He scoffed, "and as the lady said, I have no clue where I'm going."

"Well," I looked at him, "that's too bad." I start walking again but his hand on my shoulder stops me.

"I'll tell on you," He says crossing his arms.

I glared at him, "You wouldn't."

He puts his hand on the knob and starts to turn it slightly, "I would."

I groaned and motioned for him to come to me, "Fine," I look at his paper, "Wang Jackson. This is the only time I'll be doing this."

He had a cheeky smile on his face, "Fine by me."

I rolled my eyes and looked at his second period. He had social studies, with me, apparently. "Follow me."

And thus began the awkward silence, the room was on the second floor and we were on the first. It was quite a walk actually.

"Soooo," He had broken my precious silence,

"Wh-," I turn my head at him. I'm surprised by how close are faces are. I almost trip over myself, and move away from him a bit. I clear my throat, "What?"

He chuckles bit and for a second you could see his straight, white teeth, "Why don't you talk?" He said, holding his smug smile.

I sigh deeply, a habit of mine whenever a moron asks a question like this. "I don't feel the need to talk. And I like the silence," I shrug and continue up the stairs.

He looks at me weirdly, as if enjoying the silence was something alien like. "You're weird."

What he did next caught me off guard, he pushed me slightly and started racing up the stairs. He's just like a child, this one.

"What are you doing?" I call up the corridor, trying to regain my balance.

"You need to learn how to have fun!" He yelled back down, this time turning in the opposite direction of where we were supposed to be going.

"Jackson! Get back here, now," I say starting to pick up the pace. I can't show up to class and say I lost the new kid.

But he didn't respond.

I groan and start racing after him, "Jackson! I'm not joking!" I knew my threats were useless though.

I could hear a faint laugh an start heading towards it. Quietly, so he won't be able to hear me approaching. I could hear his steady breathing, that was a bit heavy from running. He was just around the corner. But as I was about to make my move he spins around and backs me up into the wall, leaning on his arm which was a few inches from my face. His face a about a foot away. His expression seemed serious; mysterious in a way. We stood there, looking at each other for a few seconds, our breaths in sync.

What's going on here?

What I hadn't realized, is that I liked it. Standing this close to him, it makes you realize all the aspects on ones face.

He breaks my concentration with the dorky laugh of his.

"Caught you."

-=-

A/N:

Hi guys! It's been a while, I've been really busy with school -.-

I hope you realize that this is replacing the original second chapter cx. It was a last minute change, I thought I could elaborate the story better like this.

Other than that, I'll be posting a new chapter hopefully today, tomorrow or possibly the day after that. Also, please comment if you guys want side ships, and if so which ship. Please await my next chapter ~