Encounter

Love is such a weird thing

M A R K ' S POV

The sound of an alarm fills my ears, and eventually wakes me up. I groan loudly, and try to block the noise by putting my pillow over my head. It was no use. I look over at the sleep murderer and see that it's 6:00 A.M.

It can't be Monday already. The thought leads to another frustrated groan. As you can tell, I am not a morning person. It usually takes about ten minutes for me to fully wake up, and this time was no exception. I look over again at the clock, it read 6:11.

I sigh, there's nothing I can do about it now, is there? I swing my legs over the bed frame and let them dangle for a while as I rubbed my eyes. First thing's first, I have to shower. I wasn't a person who took long in the shower, and with the only piece of clothing I'm wearing being boxers, the process was faster. It takes me about ten minutes more and I come out with a towel around my waist. As soon as I am back in my room I reach the towel to undo it but something startles me.

"Dude! Is this really what you do every day?" It was Jaebum's -better known as Jae. voice. I looked over quickly at my bed where, sure enough, my only friend was lying down in, except he was covering his eyes. I couldn't help but blush a little, that was close.

"Ya! What are you even doing here?" I ask him tightening the grip on what had the ability to make things awkward in seconds. I started walking, more like waddling, over to my dresser and got out a pair of boxers, making a hand motion for him to look away.

He did as instructed, "You didn't forget what today was, did you?"

As I changed into an actual clothing item I raked my mind on what was so special about today. "Isn't there an exam today?" I said as I slipped into a pair of jeans.

"Bingo," Jae proceeded to face me once again, "I wanted to study some more with you, but I guess your busy."

Now, I know what you think. What kind of person would wake up early to study. Well that's just how Jae is. In my opinion he is a bit of a nerd, but I don't mind. He's the reason I'm getting A's in all my classes.

"God, you're such a nerd," I say teasingly while putting on a t-shirt. I start to leave the room, "If we get to school early enough I can fulfill your wish."

He follows closely behind, "I'm not a nerd," he mutters as I let him pass in front of me. He was driving, anyways.

-=-=-=-

We enter the school just as the first bell rang, we had gone to a nearby McDonald's for breakfast and had our little study session there. "See you soon." I waved goodbye as we parted ways. The only class we had together this year was English -lunch not counting as a class- and that was in seventh period. It didn't change our friendship though, we had always been friends and we always will be.

Now I just need to survive five periods of living hell.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm kind of anti-social. It's not that I don't like making friends, it's that I didn't like making friends with idiots. And in this school, there was a surplus amount of them. So, whenever someone tried to talk to me I basically ignored them until they went away. Yes, even girls. It's cold, I know, but it's either being cold or having them come back more times.

My thoughts were interrupted by being bumped into, which resulted in me falling to the ground and a strangers face centimeters away. I don't know why but I stayed there. Looking at his surprisingly attractive face. Slowly moving my eyes from one facial feature to another, so he won't notice. What was I thinking? I turn my head so my cheek touches the floor, a small frown on my face.

"You should watch where you're going," The stranger said as he got up. I noticed he had a map of the school in his hand. I looked at it and thought it was strange because I thought all the freshman had gotten used to the school by now. But the more I thought about it, he didn't look like a freshman.

He caught me looking at his map and quickly hid it behind his back.

Oh how I wish I could have said something to him. Instead I let there be a long silence between us which consisted of stares at each other and a lot of judging. Eventually the warning bell sounded and I shrugged as I started to make my way to my class. I heard his voice behind me,

"Ya! Are you even going to apologize?"

"I'm pretty sure you should be the one to apologize, new kid."

It felt so good to let that out. I continued walking and imagined his reaction when I said that, as I didn't look back.

Who was that kid, anyway?

I walked into class with another student who was sweaty and looked like he ran all the way here.

"Sorry teacher! I woke up late." I looked over at him, I think it's pretty obvious.

His name was 'Bam Bam' and he was my lab partner. I'm pretty sure he was great at Science, because he looked like a freshman. I followed him to our seats, unfortunately catching the smell of the sweaty teenager.

I rolled my eyes at the situation and sat down next to him at our shared desk. I put my head down as the teacher started class.

"For your first science project," *a wave of groans* "You'll be getting into groups," *rise of mood* "With your lab partner." *mix of both*

Great, not only do I have to sit with him, but I actually had to talk with him. What a great year so far isn't it?

--------

Sorry for it being so short! I just wanted to test it out before I continue writing. I hope you understand and thank you for reading!