Parallax

Spring Tide

p a r a l l a x

His skin was practically incandescent, lady fate painting a blush on the apples of his cheeks.

Little to his knowledge, a surprise was waiting for Taemin on the coast of Han River: aside from the gathering of his friends. A party for three, or rather four, all prepared by Jongin and Ravi themselves at an undisclosed location. However, this surprise was delayed by the sight of a girl accompanying Taemin to the site, both of his friends' jaws hitting the floor the closer she and Taemin got. Jongin had only ended up wolf whistling playfully once he recognized the girl to be Luna, whilst Ravi was left utterly speechless at the sight of the f(x) member at Taemin's side.

It was hard to ignore how red Taemin's face had gotten, even under the tangerine glow of the streetlights above them. It was at that point, when Jongin was left to snort under his breath, did Taemin regret not warning the two that he was bringing Luna with him. Unaware that the two were familiar with each other, Ravi was still staring at the pair that had just appeared, Jongin smirking in his direction. "Tae didn't tell you?" Ravi's eyes only widened at Jongin's cryptic words, but before Jongin could twist the situation any further, Taemin cut the younger dancer short.

"L-Luna and I are just friends." Taemin prematurely introduced, swallowing no sooner after the sentence left his lips. His hastiness to clarify the relationship between himself and Luna caused Ravi to grin and Jongin to burst into dark laughter. Luna, meanwhile, was oddly out of her usual character, not mustering a single word around the two boys since they had reached the riverside. Assuming the girl was simply shy, Taemin went ahead to properly introduce her to his friends.

"Luna, you know Jongin already. You don't need to call him Kai-ssi around us." Taemin chuckled, directing his attention to the eldest boy. "And this is Wonshik. But we tend to call him Ravi more. You can call him oppa." 

"Hi...!" Luna didn't ration on her trademark smile, letting out a sheepish grin the moment Taemin had stopped talking.

Jongin was the first to greet the girl out of himself and Ravi, albeit with a cheeky comment. "Tae didn't say that you were coming, noona."

"You guys don't mind, right?" Taemin tossed a glare at his two friends. The last thing he wanted was for both of them to make Luna feel bad for coming along. From Luna's lack of interaction as her ordinary self would create, Taemin thought the two were already making her feel uncomfortable. 

"No, of course not." Ravi had finally overcome his speechlessness, shooting a charismatic smile at the f(x) member. "It's a pleasure being in such beautiful company." A short bow from the male had provoked Luna to blush a bright pink, the girl chuckling lightly at Ravi's charming jest. 

Taemin didn't know why the action irked him.

...  

The remainder of the night consisted of the four erupting into cackles and fooling around rather shamelessly without a single drop of alcohol involved. Jongin had ordered a cake in festivity of Taemin's solo debut: the majority of which ended up on their faces rather than in their stomachs. Luna's initial shyness seemed to disappear as quickly as the icing they wiped off their cheeks, the girl not failing to fit in within the pack of lonesome wolves.

"We should meet up again sometime." Ravi had suggested to Luna before Taemin could steal the opportunity. "... Perhaps with all four of us." Why Ravi found it necessary to add the latter onto his suggestion, when Taemin presumed that he was implying that in the first place: Taemin didn't know. He ended up humming passively in agreement, lips pursed and glance averted.

Taemin couldn't help but feel envious at how easily Ravi clicked with people: how within a mere few hours he had befriended Luna when it took Taemin weeks to get to the same stage. 

"I'd like that." Luna giggled, and in an instant, all of Taemin's woes had dissolved into her smile. 

...

Having dated another f(x) member in the past, Taemin's know-how had come notably handy in escorting Luna back to her dorm. The dancer had attempted to ignore his best friends' stifled chortles as the four parted ways, the image of Jongin's wink of approval replaying in Taemin's head like an annoying, mainstream song. The journey back was just as tranquil as the journey there, both Luna and Taemin yawning on the odd occasion.

The sky was daubed a jet black as opposed to the satin plum earlier that evening. He preferred this time, rather than when the night was young. It tended to be more silent, more peaceful. Taemin always considered himself a yin person instead of a yang person: he liked the cold, the night, the shelter.

Prior to that night, he considered the girl sitting beside him to be a yang: completely opposite to himself. In reality, Luna was both. For her fans, and around a mass of people, she was the yang: open, outgoing, lively. 

But beside him, alone... she was just like him.      

"Thanks for tonight, oppa. And for driving me back to the dorm." Luna expressed her gratitude once more as Taemin's car rolled outside the f(x) apartment building.

"... I should be thanking you, really." Taemin's confession slipped out before he could swallow it down, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, mentally stumbling as he tried to explain himself. "I mean... I honestly don't make friends easily. Jongin and Wonshik are really the only close friends I have, aside from my members... but I consider them more as my family." Leaning back against the driver's seat, Taemin suppressed a sigh. "It's been a long time since I've been this close to a girl... but I'm sure you know why."

The short nod of acknowledgement confirmed Luna's knowledge of his dating experience: with her fellow band mate. 

It was then when Taemin had glanced at the girl properly for the first time that night. His attention fixated itself onto a white substance clinging onto her raven hair, only to smirk in realization: it was icing from the cake fight the four friends had earlier. "... You've got frosting in your hair."

"Really? Where?" Taemin only found himself chuckling softly as Luna was unable to pin down the lump of icing, patting various patches of her hair in search of the frosting.

His hand eventually raised itself to Luna's ebony locks, plucking the icing out of her hair with an excessive amount of care, fingers lingering in the air beside her cheek. "There. Gone." Their eyes unintentionally came into each other's contact, her skin radiating a warmth that Taemin was able to feel, even though his hand was not touching her.  

The gesture only rendered Luna somewhat flustered, gingerly thanking him again for the ride home before taking her leave.

...

The next morning, both Taemin and Luna were stood outside the CEO's office, a look of apprehension plastered upon their features. Both had received the exact same call, at the precisely the same time, and when the two crossed paths outside the SM building, they knew exactly why they have both been summoned.

"Shinee's Taemin and f(x)'s Luna allegedly dating?"

Shinee's Taemin and f(x)'s Luna have been reported to be allegedly dating after a popular media outlet revealed pictures of the two assumedly on a secret night out in Taemin's car.

The popular media outlet had followed the two SM artists in a van in the early hours of the morning, taking pictures of both Taemin and Luna spending time with Taemin's idol friends Kai of Exo-K and Ravi of Vixx. The four had supposedly celebrated Taemin's birthday belatedly before Taemin had dropped Luna off back at her dorm. The two are pictured to be sharing a somewhat intimate moment before the f(x) member had left the car.

The possible relationship has not been confirmed from SM as of yet. Further updates to follow.

"[+340, -123] Ah, Luna, so lucky ㅠ.ㅠ" 
"[+2975, -60] Taemin hanging out with a girl? That's new ㅋㅋ"
"[+88, -23] '93 line...?"
"[+1304, -42] Wah, look at that hand... Taeminnie must really like her..."
"[+70, -29] I didn't expect this at all... since when were Taemin and Luna even friends?"

 

...

 

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e

Gahhhhhhh this is such a late update and I have no idea where I plan on going with this yay for improvisation lmfao sob. Disclaimer: obviously the article isn't real, this is just for the purpose of the story aha. I'm shipping Luna and church oppa for real ;;; Subscribe, comment, love~! I'll try and update between my super busy college schedule orz