Thieves?

Between These Idiots

Oh Sehun is born as an ambitious human being. At the age of seven he wanted to save animals, so he brought back home every single animal he saw lingering on the street. Sadly, but somehow gladly, that ambition ended when he was severely reprimanded by his father because one day the ambitious Sehun brought back a baby snake he found in the playground and he was lucky enough not to get hurt.

 

At the young age of thirteen he had the sudden aspiration to become the President of South Korea. When all the clubs in school already had a club president, he made up his own club named ‘Oh the Great Sehun’ as his first step of preparing himself for his ambition. He became the club president; and inevitably also the only member of the club. The school didn’t allow the club to be an official school club, obviously, and Sehun ended up in the Drama Club, being stage props most of the time.

 

As Sehun started college and moved into his current rented house, he often gets told off for his ‘immature’ acts by his housemates. So he dreams of shutting them up by showing what he is capable of being – a hero (after watching Spiderman with his friends at the movies).

 

 And that one night when Sehun hears subtle thumps from the empty house next door, he stops chasing Jongin to peek outside. He finds two figures crouched in the dim-lit hallway, pressing on several wrong codes as they try to open the door.

 

He immediately concludes that those two are thieves trying to break in the empty house, which the previous owner asked them look out for while they’re away for a few months, thus recognizes this as the opportunity that God has finally sent down to him to prove himself. He acquires Jongin’s help since he’s uncertain he can take down two robbers by himself. They try to warn Junmyeon but he pushes them away because of his assignment, which leads Sehun and Jongin to take the matters into their own hands.

 

After confirming that Jongin called the police, they take a huge breath and run outside to the beats of Mission Impossible, immediately tackling the two robbers by utter surprise.

 

“FREEZE! Don’t try to do anything, you’re surrounded!” Sehun firmly lands on top of one of the thieves, pins him down on the floor while acting like a policeman (one of his ambitions when he was fifteen). He pushes the broom against the thief’s back so that he can’t break away from him.

 

Meanwhile, Jongin holds onto the second thief who’s struggling to get away from him, dropping his flashlight and phone in the middle of it, engaging him in a fight with someone whom he could barely see.

 

 “GET OFF ME!” The first thief shouts out loud, his voice mixed with heavy breaths as he wriggles his spine furiously, trying to throw Sehun off him.

 

Junmyeon and Chanyeol arrive at the scene a few seconds later, confused. Only being able to make out outlines of human figures with the scarce amount of light available in the hallway, both of them makes silent guesses of the situation now.

 

“LET ME GO!” The second thief screams in frustration, and to everyone’s surprise, it’s the voice of a girl.

 

“Turn on the lights, Chanyeol!” Junmyeon orders as he marches blindly towards the pile of humans, recognizing the familiar figures of Sehun and Jongin.

 

“Ah, I need Baekhyun for that.”

 

Suho glares at Chanyeol’s bad timing for lame jokes.

 

“Okay, okay. Sorry.” Chanyeol flicks the hallway light switch on the wall next to their house door and the hallway is finally showered by bright yellowish-orange lights, revealing everything that’s happening at the dumbstruck moment. Chanyeol is momentarily flustered by the situation, but he gets a hold of himself one second after, and rushes forward to lend a hand to Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon loops his arms around Sehun, trying to pull him off the person he’s sitting on top of, his efforts ending in vain. “Get off him, Oh Sehun!”

 

“Junmyeon, they’re thieves! We can’t let them get away!” Sehun refuses to let the thieves go. The first thief tugs at Sehun’s pants, trying to pull him off his back. Chanyeol bends down to Jongin and tries to tug Jongin’s hands away from the second thief. The second thief tries to escape Jongin’s grip and accidentally pushes Chanyeol to the floor with her legs. She turns her head around and bites on Jongin’s arm.

 

“Ahhhh!” Jongin wails in pain, but his grip still strong on the girl’s wrist.

 

She lifts her head and faces Jongin, screaming in his face to let her go. Things take a more complicated turn when Junmyeon’s hands are now tangled with Sehun’s hands and the first thief’s clothes, Jongin’s legs are winded with Chanyeol’s while Chanyeol’s left arm is stuck beneath Jongin, the second thief’s right leg is on top of Chanyeol’s belly and her left leg beneath Jongin’s right leg.

 

“We are not thieves, you morons!” The girl shrieks, tugging her hands away from Jongin and launches her second bite on Jongin’s arm.

 

“Ahhh! Stop it!!!” Jongin screams in pain for the second time.

 

Just then, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun arrive to find the pile of six humans in front of them, on the cold floor, somewhat inexplicably tangled with each other. Kris and Tao appear from their house, which is to the left of the empty house, eyes widened in disbelief of what’s unraveling in front of them.


”What in the freaking world is going on? Sehun, Jongin, not again?!” Kris takes a step forward, followed by Tao.

 

“OH SEHUN! KIM JONGIN!” Junmyeon, who somehow ends up on the floor too, shouts in wrath almost to the point his pale white skin has this fiery red tone burning underneath; hands still tangled with Sehun’s and his legs wrapped around Sehun’s waist. He looks up on the set of spectators gathering around them, raising both eyebrows. “Guys, some help here?”

 

“Oh god.” Kyungsoo utters as he stoops down to help Junmyeon untangle himself from the pile. Baekhyun struggles his way to release Chanyeol from the pile first, dealing with both Jongin’s and the stranger’s intertwined body parts.

 

Still surprised, Kris and Tao try to pull Sehun and Jongin away from the two strangers, but the two heroic idiots retaliates and clutches onto the thieves with all the stubbornness and strength remaining.

 

“No! No! Don’t do this! We can’t let them go!” Jongin protests, his voice echoing with burning determination.

 

Tao decides that he finally has enough of this and really wants to get back to his interrupted video editing earlier; so with Wushu skills that’s embedded in his blood and bones he tugs Jongin’s hands off the second thief in one effortless try. Kris and Junmyeon join forces to remove Sehun from the first thief, succeeding only after a few agonizing minutes.

 

“Hey, hey! This is obstruction to justice! We need to arrest them!” Sehun cries as he grabs tightly to the first thief’s shirt again, only to have his hands tugged off by Tao two seconds after that.

 

“THEY ARE NOT THIEVES! NO THIEVES BRING TONS OF LUGGAGES WITH THEM!” Junmyeon raises his volume. He puts both hands on Sehun’s cheeks, turning him to face the two strangers who are slowly getting up from the floor, dusting themselves off and fixing their clothes. “Look!”

 

Sehun and Jongin’s expressions freeze. Their minds suddenly turn black and blank as they watch the two strangers –normally dressed people, with absence of suspicious masks or weapons. And leaning against the wall beside the door are some luggage, most of which fell to the floor due to the earlier chaos. Not a single word emerges from any of the bewildered two; only a gaping mouth and a vivid puzzled expression noted.

 

Just then, police sirens fill the tensed air. Distant at first, but gradually becomes nearer, and later echoes right beneath them with the presence of beaming lights from two police cars parked at the ground floor. Baekhyun peers down from the eleventh floor and curses by himself.

 

“That’s not good.” Chanyeol utters, frantically running his fingers through his hair.

 

“Don’t tell me…,” Junmyeon turns to the two idiots in front of him, “You called the police?!”

 

Jongin squeezes his eyelids shut, fine wrinkles at the corner of his eyes deepen as he just realizes the magnitude of the situation, and apologetically nods. Junmyeon heaves a big, exasperated sigh, bringing both palms to his face and shakes his head vigorously in disbelief. His subtle cursing are heard only by Jongin and Sehun.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Junmyeon looks up to find Kyungsoo. “Go with Jongdae to settle that,”

 

Kris jabs a thumb towards his house, “He’s probably watching TV inside. Just go in.”

 

“And,” The first stranger suddenly speaks, “How are you going to settle us?”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ae: Hey there! If you made it to this point, congratulations! You're an amazing reader! *blows kisses* Thank you for the subscribers, and comments, and upvotes! You guys are the best! Don't forget to leave a word or two on this chap, I'll appreciate it so, so much! And subscribe, to new readers! Upvote if you enjoy the story!

Anyway I'm just glad you guys are reading this :) Thanks a trillion! Love you guys! Watch out for the next update!