Part 1

Petting Zoo [HIATUS] (will be finished eventually)

Shinwoo groaned as sat up, hands holding his throbbing head gingerly as he tried to get his bearings. He could hear similar groans from his fellow members, vision swimming as he blinked.

Finally his eyes managed to focus without seeing double and he took in the sight of a grimacing Jinyoung still struggling to sit up, as well as a gaping Baro and Sandeul on the couch. Following their gaze, Shinwoo looked behind him, immediately doing a double take.

An adorable chocolate lab puppy was sitting on the floor behind him, looking just as confused as Shinwoo felt.

“Since when did we get a puppy?” Shinwoo swallowed, his mouth feeling much too dry and his head still throbbing.

“Uhhh, we didn’t?” Baro responded, still gaping at the dog while Jinyoung rubbed his eyes tiredly.

“Well, we obviously have one now,” Jinyoung let out an incredulous laugh. “What happened? All I remember is–”

“Where’s Gongchan?” Sandeul interrupted, and the puppy barked.

“He’s just right…” Shinwoo trailed off as he turned to look beside him, “…was right here. But now he’s not?”

The puppy barked again, jumping to its feet as its tail wagged frantically.

“Ugh forget Chanshik for a moment, he probably just went to the bathroom. What happened? Am I the only one that thought I saw a blinding light? Were we knocked out?” Jinyoung cut in, expression worried.

“No yeah, Chanshik and I were just going through fan mail and it was like someone set off a megawatt laser beam or something” Shinwoo frowned. “I swear Chanshik was sitting right by me though.”

The puppy was barking up a storm now, scrabbling towards Shinwoo who picked it up, cooing.

“And where did you come from, you cutie?”

Jinyoung looked torn as he watched Sandeul drop onto the floor next to Shinwoo, hand outstretched to pet the puppy as well. Jinyoung looked like he half wanted to join them, and half wanted to throw it out.

“Um, guys? Chanshik’s not in the bathroom…” Baro spoke up from the doorway and Jinyoung jumped in surprise.

“Oh my god you scared me, I didn’t even notice you getting up…” Jinyoung exhaled, a hand on his heart as he tried to calm his nerves.

The puppy was barking again, squirming out of Shinwoo’s grip.

“Where did he go? I swear he was just here,” Shinwoo was finally becoming worried as well, abandoning the puppy as he stood up.

Sandeul gasped as a thought hit him.

“Was it a sasaeng? There was a light, right? Maybe they blinded us and took Chanshik and left the puppy here in his place!”

“Ummm, not likely,” Baro said slowly, shooting Sandeul a look. “Why would sasaengs leave a puppy behind?”

Said puppy, however, was becoming more and more frantic, yelping as it jumped up, trying to catch their attention.

“Oh my god the last thing we need right now is a yapping puppy,” Jinyoung groaned, massaging his temples. “It’ll probably poop everywhere, how am I supposed to explain to manager-hyung? And where in the world did Gongchan– OUCH!”

Jinyoung broke off with a yell, hands coming down to grip his foot as his eyes squeezed shut in pain.

“IT BIT ME!”

“Are you okay?” Shinwoo was at Jinyoung side immediately, peeling off his sock to inspect the damage. Luckily, the skin hadn’t been broken, but there were little red teeth marks indented in his skin.

Sandeul, however, paid no attention to Jinyoung’s pain; instead he stared, mouth gaping, at the puppy as if reaching some sort of incredible revelation.

“YOU!” he bellowed, pointing at the puppy.

It yipped, tail wagging excitedly.

“GONGCHAN!”

The boys watched slack-jawed as the puppy jumped a whole two feet, barking excitedly in response. Sandeul ran forward to scoop it up and it at Sandeul’s face, frenzied tail never stopping.

“Ummmmm, did you just suggest that the puppy was Gongchan?” Baro asked slowly, brow furrowed.

The puppy barked, while Sandeul nodded fervently.

“Are you okay?” Shinwoo approached Sandeul cautiously, eyes concerned as he put hand on his forehead. “You don’t seem to have a temperature…”

“Yahhh, I’m not sick,” Sandeul pushed Shinwoo’s hand away, cheeks puffed out indignantly.

“Then please, Sandeul, now’s not the time to be joking around,” Jinyoung scolded, voice fatigued as he rubbed a hand over his face. “Oh my god I lost our maknae.”

“I’m not joking around!” Sandeul insisted, voice rising in frustration. “It’s so obvious! Come on Gongchan, you show them.”

Sandeul set the puppy down and it let out an excited yip, eyes trained on Sandeul as if waiting for instruction. The other three watched reluctantly.

“Okay, if you’re Gongchan and you understand me, run around the room three times to the left, then three times to the right, bark three times, roll over twice, jump onto the table, and then shake my hand,” Sandeul commanded.

The puppy just stared at him, tail slowly stilling as its panting turned into a low growl.

“Go on!” Sandeul commanded impatiently.

Before anyone could react, the puppy had launched forward to sink its teeth into Sandeul’s thigh.

“YAHHH!”

Sandeul shook off the puppy, which had a suspiciously smug look on its face. Sandeul was whimpering as he inspected his leg.

Everyone else froze, eyes trained on the proud puppy that trotted over to their rug and sat down, chin held up unnaturally high.

Surprisingly, Jinyoung was the first to break the silence.

“Oh. My. God,” Jinyoung’s eyes were wide, disbelieving. “You ARE Gongchan.”

The puppy, no, Gongchan, yipped happily, immediately bounding towards Jinyoung to tug on his pant leg.

“Holy frick. Our maknae is a dog. Holy frick.” Baro repeated, eyes flitting up and down from Gongchan to Jinyoung’s face, which was growing paler by the second. “Holy frick.”

“Awwww, no wonder all the fans think you look like puppy!” Shinwoo had scooped up Gongchan once again, cooing as he scratched behind Gongchan’s ears. Gongchan let out a contented growl, relaxing completely in Shinwoo’s hold. Jinyoung still stood unmovingly, face now a sickly white.

“Yahhh how can you tell he’s Gongchan just by him biting me? And yahhh Gong Chanshik, why did you have to bite me?” Sandeul whined, arms outstretched as he reached for their maknae. Shinwoo handed him over and Gongchan let out a short yelp, Sandeul’s cheek in what seemed to be in an apology.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have asked him to do like ten different things to prove his identity,” Shinwoo pointed out, amused. “And besides, him biting you was the biggest tip-off; no other dog would have understood, much less shown a reaction to, the ridiculous things you were demanding.”

 “I just wanted to make sure,” Sandeul pouted, placing Gongchan on the ground as he rubbed his tummy. Gongchan’s eyes were closed, clearly enjoying the treatment as his tail thumped against the floor.

“Um, guys? I think our leader’s broken,” Baro interrupted, gesturing towards Jinyoung who was still standing in the same position. He finally started at Baro’s words, arms dropping stiffly to his sides as he turned to face Gongchan.

“What. Did. You. Do.”

Gongchan whimpered, scrambling away from Sandeul and into a sitting position as his tail drooped. His shoulders moved up and down in what they figured was probably the closest thing to a doggie-shrug.

“You honestly don’t know?” Jinyoung pressed, eyes narrowed.

Gongchan whimpered again, small head shaking side to side, ears flopping.

Jinyoung stared at him for a moment longer before nodding, followed by a deep breath.

He turned to face his second target.

“Lee. Jung. Hwan. WHAT IN THE WORLD DID YOU DO?”

 

 

 

A/N: Well then. It ended up being a /bit/ longer than I was planning... so I split it up so I wouldn't break my promise and still be able to post something on Sunday (it's still Sunday where I live so Imma just go with that....whoopsies >.<). Don't worry though, the next part should be up soonish? XDD

Comments and upvotes if you enjoyed would be greatly appreciated! ^^;