six.

spilled ink

“So to keep it short, in academic writing, you avoid using personal pronouns to maintain formality, avoid slangs and connotations, and always look out for grammatical errors.” Yoona explains the process to Kris, as the latter listens to her explain the method. “Also, if it’s going to be handwritten, make sure that your handwriting is neat and readable.”

 

Kris looks at Yoona as she points out the different styles in academic writing, and chuckles once she catches her staring. “You look pretty serious when it comes to writing, huh?” He says, making the latter blush. “It’s such a waste that you aren’t taking a degree program related to it.”

 

Yoona then smiles after hearing Kris’ statement, as she puts down her pen and stretches her arm. “Well, writing is more of a hobby rather than a passion.” She chuckles, and rests her chin on her palm as she places her elbow on top of the table. “Besides, I’d hate to work for the media. They sometimes broadcast s and they get paid for sugar-coating some politician.” Yoona snickers, making Kris chuckle again.

 

“The media aren’t that bad as you think, Yoong. Try to think in a whole new different light.” He tells her, as she raises an eyebrow. “Okay, I’m not going argue with you anymore. I accept defeat.” He raises his hands up playfully, making the both of them laugh quietly.

 

Yixing happens to pass by a section in the library as he is working on a project proposal when he notices two familiar figures getting unbelievably close. He didn’t know that Kris and Yoona are that close, to the point that they’d laugh comfortably with one another.

 

At first, he decides to ignore it. Well, it is none of his business anyway. He continues to work on his proposal, when an idea pops in his mind. “If only I could get them to be closer, then that big Canadian dude would be out of mine and Seohyun’s love story!” He whispers to himself.

 

He then proceeds to approach the two who are too busy that they didn’t notice that he is standing awkwardly there, waiting to be acknowledged. Kris notices a figure standing way too long in front of them, and immediately frowns as he sees the latter. “Why are you here, Lay-ssi?”

 

Upon hearing Yixing’s name, Yoona’s head immediately perks up and she glares at the latter. “Why the heck are you here?” Yixing then shrugs it off and sits across them, making Yoona annoyed. “What the hell are you doing?”

 

“Too much curse words in one sentence Im Yoona. It would be a shame if people knew that their model student says such words.” He looks teasingly at Yoona, as the latter grits her teeth. “Anyway, what are you two doing? I saw you two laughing awhile ago when I passed by here.”

 

Yoona rolls her eyes, as she focuses on her paper once again. “They know that I don’t give bulls, Zhang. And we laughing together is none of your business.” Kris notices the tensed atmosphere after Yixing’s arrival, and glances at Yixing.

 

“Man, I and Yoona are studying together. If you’re here to just annoy the both of us, the door’s open for you to go.” He says in the politest way possible, making Yixing raise an eyebrow. He didn’t know that the transferee will dare go in between him and Yoona, and he is more than astounded.

 

“I am here to annoy no one. I came here since I thought working alone would not be very fine for me.” He says. “Luckily, I found you guys here.” Yoona looks at him in disgust, as he shoots a wink at her. Kris closes his fist in annoyance, as he tries to control his temper.

 

“Yixing, I am not kidding.” Yoona sighs, as she puts her pen down and massages her forehead. She didn’t know that a jerk like him would give him such a headache. “Can you please move to another table? I cannot concentrate with you being here.”

 

For an absolutely unknown reason, Yixing feels so rejected. His friends always tells him that he’s annoying and he should really go away (in a joking manner), but he didn’t know that the statement coming from Yoona will really affect him.

 

He fixes his things, as he stands up quietly. He pushes back the chair and before he leaves, he looks at Yoona and grins playfully. “I will be back for you, Im Yoona.” He smirks at her, and walks away. Yoona’s feeling furious after Yixing’s little appearance, and Kris pats her back to calm her down.

 

“That er is going to learn his lesson too.” She places her head on top of the table, as she sighs for the nth time. “Bull. I didn’t know that arguing with an idiot would consume a lot of my energy.” After seeing Yoona’s defeated state, Kris cracks a smile somehow. He didn’t know that the latter has a side like this.

 

“Really, what is your relationship with him?” He asks out of curiosity, making Yoona look at him. “I mean, you two weren’t that close in the first place. I haven’t seen you interact for the past few years but during these days, you are kind of close to him.”

 

Yoona didn’t know that such a question lingers in the mind of the latter. If Kris thinks that way, then she thought that maybe everyone in their school are now curious of their relationship! “We’re mere acquaintances.”

 

“But he ate lunch with us the other day.”

 

“He likes Seohyun.” Yoona then realizes what she has just said, and immediately covers . Kris finds this act cute, and he flicks the latter’s forehead.

 

“I didn’t know that you have quite a big mouth, Im Yoona.” He shows her his gummy smile, as he chuckles. Yoona is astounded, but thinks it’s not really a big deal if Kris knows about this.

 

“I know Yixing is such a pain in this , but please, let us keep this a secret.” She bites her lower lip. “Let him make a move on his own instead of using other people.”

 

After hearing what Yoona has to say, Kris’ respect towards the latter grows even more. Even though she is somehow mean to him, she still cares for something she shouldn’t be. “Aye, it’ll be our little secret.” He shots a wink to Yoona, and she playfully hits his arm.

 

Yoona glances at her watch, as she fixes her things. “Let’s get going, it’s almost time.” Kris then follows her lead, as she stands up and pushes back the chair on its original place. She and Kris walk peacefully towards their classroom, and once they arrives, they are welcomed by their clique.

 

“You missed the event of the century!” Joonmyun exclaims, making Yoona and Kris wonder what it is. “If you were here, you would have flipped. Irene’s and Baekhyun’s faces were so funny!” He laughs loudly, as he is joined by the others. Yoona then sees that the distance between Irene and Baekhyun is unbelievably far, so she sits as she listens to her friends’ story.

 

“It was only an accident, I swear!” Baekhyun says, as his face flushes in red once again. Yoona giggles, and gives him a teasing look. “Yoona, please! They have been teasing me since awhile ago! Help me!”

 

“You’re such a diva, Baekhyun.” Yoona rolls her eyes playfully, as she eyes her friends. “So, what exactly happened?”

 

“Well, we were having our usual conversation here and as always, they were on their own world, bickering.” Jessica starts, and looks at Irene who’s glaring at her. “Ya, Bae Joohyun! Since when did you learn to glare at me?”

 

Irene looks at her with pleading eyes, as she pouts. “Unnie please, I’m really close to punching Byunbaek right now so don’t tell the story anymore.” She states, making all of them chuckle in unison.

 

“So, to continue Jessica’s story, we were having a great time when we decided to tease the both of them.” Victoria eyes the two persons involved in the story, who are currently glaring at each other.

 

“Ah, Byun Joohyun. It sounds great, right?” Joonmyun says, making Irene glare at him. “I swear, everyone’s been really curious of your relationship, and they’ve been asking us constantly.” He then notices that Baekhyun is looking at him, and he chuckles. This is so going according to their plan.

 

“Tch, what relationship? Irene is my peasant, and I am her master.” He playfully wraps an arm around Irene’s shoulders. “Right, peasant?” He tilts his head to look at the latter but unfortunately, Irene twists her head to Baekhyun’s face, causing his lips to crash into her forehead.

 

There is a moment of silence, before a loud shriek interrupted their shocked thoughts. “WHAT THE HELL BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Irene elbows Baekhyun’s sides, and pushes him away from her. She hides behind Jessica, who is grinning widely.

 

“That was the first time that we heard Baekhyun say sorry to Irene.” Jessica says, as she nudges Yoona. “Anyway, speaking of relationships, Yoong.” Yoona then looks at Jessica, and is curious on what she has to say. “What is the real deal between you and Yixing? Are you two together?”

 

All eyes are now focused on Yoona, and she is more than flabbergasted. She then glances at Kris, who is just grinning at her. She rolls her eyes, as she laughs. “We’re far from having an affair, Jessica. It will never happen.”

 


A/N’s

I’m back!!!! I’m really sorry for the delay ; ; my laptop crashed and had to be repaired and I was really scared that my writing plan for this was gone but luckily, it wasn’t!! I actually have an upcoming story, but let me save it for next year. I’m starting to draft out for my other stories, so please anticipate on them!

 

+ if I were to hold an applyfic, would any of you be bothered to join?