five.

spilled ink

“Can Zhang Yixing be found everywhere?” Yoona asks Shin Hye, who is currently looking around so she can go to the library peacefully. “I swear, he’s so freaking annoying. I haven’t finished my revision yet because he keeps on bothering me!”

 

“The coast is clear.” Shin Hye says, and winks playfully at Yoona. She mutters a silent ‘thank you’ to the latter, and goes to revise her work in the library. Shin Hye laughs and goes back to her friends who are currently laughing at the situation Yoona is in. “That dude is surely unstoppable.” She shakes her head and sits on her chair.

 

“Why is he after Yoona-unnie though?” Irene asks out of curiosity. For the past week, Yixing has been very consistent in following Yoona around. He goes after her on the hallway, in the cafeteria, and even waits outside the classroom just to get to talk to Yoona. “Does he like her or something?”

 

“Hell no!” Shin Hye chuckles and shakes her head. “It’s just… he wants Yoona to do a favor for him.” She meaningfully smiles at the clique, which soon bombards her with questions.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona breathes in relief because finally no jerk is trailing behind her.  She can barely count the times she was alone for the past week because Yixing would always surprise her with him appearing out of nowhere.

 

She doesn’t get why he can’t ask Seohyun out directly. After all, many have tried to ask Seohyun out though they aren’t that lucky. Her friend doesn’t have that intimidating aura, so why does Yixing find it hard to be friends with her? She laughs slightly at the thought of Yixing getting afraid of rejected by his love.

 

“There you are!” Yoona wants the earth to swallow her down right at that moment. The person she wants to avoid the most just appeared in front of her! “God knows how long I’ve searched for you, Ms. Im.” He casually takes a seat on the chair in front of him as Yoona tries her best to ignore him. “So, about the lunch date…”

 

Yoona puts her pen down and massages her forehead. “How many times do I have to tell you that you should personally ask Seohyun to go eat lunch with you!?” She angrily whispers. “Are you freaking afraid of being rejected?” Yixing’s poise suddenly dropped, and Yoona knows she just hit the bull’s eyes for the nth time.

 

“Look, it’s just… I don’t know what words to say to her whenever we meet. My heart beats so fast and I get so tongue-tied. I bet you become like that whenever you talk to the person you like right?” He sighs, and looks at her directly. “Have you had someone you liked already? You’ll probably know the feeling if you ever had one.”

 

Yoona spaces out for a bit after hearing what Yixing has to say. She really can’t consider having that little crush in Lee Donghae during kindergarten serious because she was so young. “I… haven’t liked someone seriously so I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

Yixing is more than shocked at Yoona’s statement. He hasn’t met a high school girl who doesn’t have any crush! “Are you for real?” He chuckles, making Yoona kind of annoyed. “Well, it can be possible since I think you’d rather date books than boys.”

 

Yoona rolls her eyes.  “Exactly.” She then continues writing, ignoring the other smug remarks Yixing still has to say. “Boys in books are better than the ones we have in real life. Sadly, none of them exists here.”

 

“I now know what I can offer you so you can set me up with Seohyun.” He shows her his infamous combo killer: his killer smile with those mesmerizing dimples. “I can get you a boy. Maybe Sehun or Joongki?”

 

Yoona can’t believe it. He just told her that he’s going to get her a boy! “Sorry, but no thanks. I’m obviously not interested.” She’s so astounded at the fact the idiot people really do exist. “Can you please go away now? I’m going to make a junk out of my revision about your life if you don’t leave.”

 

Yixing frowns while looking at the latter who seems to busy herself. He already has no idea how to make Yoona say yes on his planned lunch date with the love of his life. An idea then pops in his mind, and prays that it will finally work. “If I say that I’ll die soon, will you finally allow me to eat lunch with Seohyun?”

 

Yoona then bursts into laughter at Yixing last proclamation. “Are you really that desperate? Gosh, that was a good laugh.” She wipes her eyes that were brimmed with tears due to laughing hard. “Tomorrow, at lunch. The gang’s going to eat together so feel free to sit with us. I’ll make sure no one sits beside Seohyun.” She playfully smirks and gets her things together, before leaving the flabbergasted Yixing.

 

“She just agreed, right?” Yixing then snaps into reality and smiles widely to himself. He finally got a chance to eat lunch with Seohyun, and he’s so going to boast this to his friends.

 

*

 

“What the Yixing. Just bring your goddamned tray on their table and you’re good as heck.” Kyungsoo says, and nudges his friend to walk towards the said table. He gulps, and heads towards the clique’s table. Yoona immediately spots him, and tells something to her friends.

 

“Uhh, hi.” He awkwardly says, and luckily, everyone on the table greeted him except for one. He feels uneasy under Jessica’s stares, but he proceeds to sit beside Seohyun. Just like as planned. He wants to say thank you to Yoona, but she’s too busy talking to Joonmyun.

 

“So, it’s a surprise that you’re here to eat lunch with us. You’s always with Kyungsoo and the gang.” Yixing almost chokes on his food, because Seohyun just spoke to him. “I see that you’re really close with Yoona.” She then raises an eyebrow, and looks teasingly at him.

 

“Oh, not really.” He awkwardly chuckles, and proceeds on eating. The atmosphere dies down, and Yixing wants to do something to make it alive again but he doesn’t want to embarrass himself further. He then musters up all his courage to finally start a conversation with her. “So, you and Yoona are the ones who are close.”

 

Seohyun chuckles. “We just got closer this year though we’ve been classmates for quite a long time.” She smiles, and Yixing swears that his world stopped for a while. He didn’t know that her effect on him is in this level, and he’ll never get tired of staring at her angelic face right at this moment.

 

Yoona sees the interaction of Seohyun and Yixing, and she wants to cackle out loud because she has never seen Yixing this shy. A boy really is different when he’s in love.

 


 

Author’s Note

A consecutive update! Since school isn’t that demanding yet, I found time to type this one! Tbh, I can only update this one because this is the only story with a definite outline. :  ((( I’ll try to make one for the others soon!