Reconciliation

Saying Goodbye (SuLay)

~Another long chapter because I feel bad about neglecting this story~

~

I enter the house again to find MinSeok’s shoes and bag gone. I walk through the house again and I find a note on my bedroom door that MinSeok must have left.

I’ve gone out with JongDae and LuHan, won’t be back until later, I’m sorry, I hope you don’t hate me and we can be friends again. Love MinSeok. I read the letter a couple of times before taking it off of my door, folding it up and putting it in my pocket.

I try to busy myself with jobs around the house before giving up and leaving again to go into town. I have decided to get MinSeok a present as a peace offering for the way I shouted at him this morning. As I get off the bus I see a shoe shop that he likes going to. As I enter the shop the girl at the counter greets me and asks me if I need any help and I tell her that I’m just looking. I walk over to the display of shoes that MinSeok likes and I chose a nice blue, green and black pair that he’s been admiring for a while and as I look at the price tag I am shocked to see that they cost 370,000 won, no wonder he hasn’t bought them. I sigh as I pick up the shoes and make my way to the counter to pay.

“Hello, is this all for today?” The girl at the counter asks me, her name tag tells me her name is SeoHyun.

“Yes thanks.” I reply and she scans the shoes and I pay before asking, “Can you please wrap them specially?”

“Of course but, that will have an extra cost.” SeoHyun informs me, I say that’s fine and she wraps them nicely in blue tissue paper before putting them in a fancy shoe box and then putting the shoe box in a fancy black bag with the shop’s name and logo on it.

I thank her and bow before leaving the shop, my wallet feeling considerably lighter.

As I arrive back home I see MinSeok still isn’t home yet, I sigh and put his present on the kitchen table before deciding to cook dinner for him, something that I will eat too. I choose to cook rice with kimchi soup, something simple that I know MinSeok loves to eat.

 

“Wow, what smells good?” I hear MinSeok say as he closes the door behind him. It’s now 6.45pm and I am giving the soup a final stir before turning off the heat and letting it cool down on the stove.

“Is that what I think it is?” MinSeok asks me as he walks into the kitchen and sees the big pot on the stove.

“It’s kimchi soup. Kind of like a peace offering.” I inform MinSeok as I look at him anxiously.

“Aw Lay, you didn’t have to…aw.” MinSeok says as he engulfs me in a big hug and starts to sob into my shoulder. I let him hug me and I awkwardly pat him on the back to try to help ease his sobs.

“That’s okay MinSeok, I own you one. I shouldn’t have shouted at you when I knew you were just concerned about me. I’m sorry.” I tell MinSeok as I wrap my arms around him. I feel really peaceful and good about making up with MinSeok. MinSeok releases me and our close contact ends, he sniffs and wipes his eyes before beaming up at me.

“Friends?” MinSeok asks me cheerfully.

“Of course Minnie, I didn’t make kimchi soup for nothing.” I tell him with a sincere smile on my face. “Oh, that reminds me. I got you something.” I tell MinSeok as I turn around and grab the bag of the table and hold it out to MinSeok expectantly.

“What’s this?” He asks me as his eyes widen with curiosity.

“Why don’t you look instead of asking stupid questions?” I reply teasingly as I hand the bag to him.

MinSeok opens the bag and takes the shoe box out.

“Oh Lay you didn’t…” MinSeok starts before hurriedly opening the box and tearing apart the tissue paper. “Oh my god you did!” He exclaims with glee as he holds up one of the shoes with a look of childish delight on his face.

He pulls me into a hug again and says thank you I don’t know how many times before dropping to the floor to try them on.

“They’re a perfect fit! How did you pay for them?” MinSeok asks me inquisitively. “Wait no, I don’t want to know.” He says as he jumps up and down in the new shoes.

“Hey MinSeok how about we eat now?” I ask him and I didn’t know MinSeok’s face could light up any brighter.