Too Much

Saying Goodbye (SuLay)

We head over to the basketball ball court in the park across from where we ate lunch and Tao fishes a ball out of his backpack and passes it to Kris and then we split into teams and start to play a mini game. The whole time we are playing I can’t stop thinking about the waiter who ran into me and before I realise what is happening Tao gets the ball off of me and everyone stops in surprise as he loops it easily into the ring.

“Lay what was that?” MinSeok asks me as I shake my head and try to push the guy from my mind.

“Um, I dunno MinSeok.” I tell him wearily. “I’m guess I’m not really feeling all that great at the moment.” I lie so the boys don’t know what’s really wrong.

“Yeah sure YiXing make up some excuses now.” Tao says cockily and LuHan tells him to shut up.

“You wanna sit out for a bit.” MinSeok asks me kindly and I nod. I sit down on the grass and watch my friends continue to play basketball without me.

“They look so happy without me. I’d be better off just leaving them to enjoy themselves.” I think to myself and I sigh before getting up and quietly walking off without any of my friends turning to notice me go.

I walk around the streets absently and some how end up back at the place where we ate lunch. I look through the window and I can see TaeYeon talking to the guy waiter as they clean the tables and get ready to close up the restaurant. The guy says something to her before walking off into the kitchen and she continues to wipe down the tables.

I sight and start to walk home when my phone starts ringing and I check it to see that MinSeok is calling me. “You can always rely on MinSeok to notice you’re missing” I think to myself glumly as I press answer and put the phone to my ear.

“YiXing where are you? I was playing and suddenly you weren’t there any more and I was worried about you. Are you okay?” MinSeok asks in an agitated tone and I don’t reply. “YiXing are you there, YiXing?” he asks me panic rising in his voice. “Don’t do anything stupid okay? I’m coming home now? !” I hear him say before he hangs up.

I sigh again as I put my phone back in my pocket and suddenly I start to cry and the tears start pouring down my face and I try to scrub them away desperately but that just makes more tears fall and I let out a few sobs before I hear a voice from behind me.

“Hey are you okay? I have some tissues if you need them.” A blurry outline asks me and I wipe my eyes again to see the guy waiter standing there offering me a tissue. I take it and dab at my eyes and face with it and try to get my breathing under control.

“I’m really sorry again about running into you at the hospital, my friend was hit by a car and I was really worried about him.” The guy explains to me and I just stare at how beautiful he is. He raises his eyebrows and looks at me strangely and I avert my eyes.

“That’s okay.  I can understand that you would be worried about your friend.” I say to him and I look up to see him smiling shyly.

“I couldn’t believe that it was you when I came to your table and then when I was next to you and you looked at me I felt really embarrassed so that’s why I ran away.” He explains and a blush starts to colour his pale face and neck.

“Yeah I couldn’t believe that it was you either.” I say shyly and he chuckles.

“Well, I gotta go I think my roommate will be at my house soon because he thinks I’m in danger but it was nice talking to you I guess.” I say awkwardly and he stares at me for a moment before I turn and start to walk away.

“Wait!” He calls out and I turn around to see what he could want. “I’m JoonMyeong by the way but my friends call me SuHo.” He introduces himself to me.

“I’m YiXing, some of my friend’s call me Lay.” I tell him casually and he smiles again. God this guy smiles a lot, it’s starting to creep me out.

“Nice to meet you, pop into the restaurant anytime if you want to chat.” He offers and I nod my head before turning around and walking off a little faster than before. “Okay well that was weird” I think to myself. “What if he is a ert or something and he comes looking for me” I think as I round the corner onto my street and walk towards my house, I can feel my heart starting to beat faster with anxiety. “He was way to friendly, I’d better not go back to that restaurant in case he gets the wrong idea”, “but what if I want him to have the wrong idea, what if I wanna go out with him?” I think to myself and I shake my head as I take my key out of my back pocket and open the front door.