Just Kai...

The Moth King

Kyungsoo quickly dragged this 'Kai' into his house and up to his room, hoping no-one saw his.. his.. ya'know. 

 

"Jongin," Kyungsoo facepalmed,"You can't just walk around !"

 

"I told you, I am not this 'Jongin' you speak of. I am Kai-"

 

"King of Moths, I get it,"Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Jongin, just quit the crap."

 

"But I am not this peasant you speak of. I am Kai, King of Moths. Why are you so persistant that I am this 'Jongin'? Does this peasant have that much resemblence to me?" Kai's face lit up as an idea popped in his head. "I can prove that I'm not this Jongin!"

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow,"Wha- How? And would you put some clothes on?" I don't know how much longer I can hold myself with those abs! Kyungsoo thought to himself.

 

"Clothes?" Kai asked, foreign to the word.

 

Kyungsoo facepalmed,"Just put on some clothes." Kyungsoo reached under his bed, pulling out the shoe box, the box Jongin told Kyungsoo to keep just in case they'd have a surprise sleepover.

 

"Here," Kyungsoo handed him the box filled with clothes and he gratefully received it.

 

"Thank you kind stranger," He bowed, tossing the box onto the bed, beside Kyungsoo,"But first, you must follow me outside."

 

"Put some cloth-"

 

Kai grabbed the boy's hand,"No more of this 'clothes' non-sense.You will follow me." 

 

Before Kyungsoo could say anything, Kai's wings sprang out from his back, fluttering a bit, as if testing them to see if they work. The shock from the other's face caused Kai to chuckle.

 

"Hang on." Kai told him.

 

And without any further warning, they flew out the window.

 

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!" Kyungsoo screamed in terror. If it's two things Kyungsoo is afraid of, it's flying insects and heights. "Put me down! Jongin, put me down! Please!" He cried, flailing his arms in hopes Kai would agree to it.

 

"Stop moving around so much!" Kai scolded, continuing to fly at a faster speed,"You might fall!"

 

"K-Kai! Please! Please stop!" Kyungsoo screamed, tears rolling down his face. He let out a shrill shriek as a gust of wind brushed past, he could only think of death waiting for him, tightening his hold on Kai's hand.

 

"What did you say?" Kai asked, stopping mid-way in the air.

 

"Kai, please stop flying! Please put me down!" His eyes tightly shut. Kai chuckled at the boy and slowly flew back to Kyungsoo's room.

 

Kyungsoo could feel his feet on the ground once more and opened his eyes one by one. He sighed in relief, falling back into his bed, panting harshly as he tried to catch his breath.

 

"Okay..." He mustered out,"So... you're not Jongin... or human."

 

"No, I am not."

 

"Then.. what are you?"

 

"Well, as I said before I am the King of Moths." Kai explained,"Well.. I cannot tell you in detail, but I somehow wound up on Earth. No-one has been able to see me in my tiny form, except for you."

 

"Me?"
 

"Yes, you."

 

"But if I can only see you, then does that mean no-one can see you now? I mean, you're just in your regular form right now, right?"

 

"I do not know thus far. We shall experiment now, is there anyone else home now?"

 

"No, my mom's at work and my dad..." Kyungsoo turned his body away from Kai, then smiled at him, trying to hide his sadness,"He passed away."

 

Kai could tell Kyungsoo was uncomfortable, and he sat next to him,"You do not need to talk about things you don't wish to talk about."

 

Kyungsoo smiled at Kai, just as the front door was being unlocked. 

 

"Kyungsoo! I'm home!" 

 

Oh ! "My mom's home! Well, it was nice meeting you, I think you can leave through the window and go back to where you came from. Here, take these clothes with yo-"

 

"Another human! I wonder if she can see me." Kai excitedly flew outside to greet his mother.

 

Kyungsoo frantically ran after Kai and screamed after him! "Kai! No don't- Um.. Hi mom."

 

His mother raised an eyebrow. "Kyungsoo, what's going on?"

 

"Um..."

 

"Why are you screaming?"

 

Kai landed next to his mother and bowed,"Greetings, my fair lady. I am Kai, King of-"

 

"Something's up, why won't you tell me?" His mother walked up the stairs to Kyungsoo.

 

"You can't see him?" Kyungsoo looked over to Kai, who seemed rather disappointed.

 

"See who?" She looked back into Kai's direction. "And what were screaming about?"

 

"Oh, I was practicing for a play, I want to audition for the main part. Um I believe the next line was.. Kai, meet me in my room, I need to see you." Kyungsoo quickly sprinted to his room, along with Kai accompaning him.

 

--

 

A/N: So 2nd chap is done... that took a ton of a long time =.= Sorry I've been a bad author..