B#1 | The Stranger Next Door | writerFairy

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
The Stranger Next Door  by writerFairy 
 

Title: The Stranger Next Door
Author: writerFairy
Characters: Kyuhyun, Illiana (OC), Lucas (OC)
Genre: Romance, Drama
Rating: /
Status: On-going (34 Chap)
Description: lliana comes back from Africa after two years, to be more responsible and care for her younger brother. She doesn't know much about the world anymore, because of lack of communication in the past two years. She meets up with her friend Suzy, who decided to go to a concert.Kyuhyun is a famous K-pop idol from Super Junior. He wants to be loved and do his job good. He gets in trouble by doing something little that turns out to go big and viral because of his job. When they meet, they wouldn't dream of falling for one another. But as soon as everyone finds out, the trouble begins.


Title (10/10):
In the beginning I was very curious why you choose that title, because when you start reading you don't have a clue. But later on when you start reading the story, you know why you choose that particular title. It does fit the story perfectly! I love the title ;) The meaning of the title is very relevant to your story. When I check all the stories on AFF, i must be honest after reading or knowing the title to your story, it was like there were all kind of the "Next Door's" that appeared. But I really like the sound of the title, and yes it used in the story, but not too much in that sence that is sounds boring. The title has it mystery to it, you would think - Ooh, no not again that cliché story/title, but I must say you did your best to make it original and not that cliché at all! ;) * FIGHTING! * I do think the title draws the reader(s) attention, to start reading the story.

Description & Foreword (9/10):
Tbh, I already read the description and foreword several times, before actually start reading the story. It drew my attention and triggered my curiosity to read the story. It does give you a small glimps of what's going to happen. In my opinion, I do think most of the readers will start reading the story after reading the description and foreword. Your foreword is mostly about given more general information about the story and also redirecting us towards other important shops/projects that you are currently active in.

Graphics (10/10): 
The poster fits the stroy very well. As for the background, i couldn't detect any background. It didn't bother me anyway not having a background. I do like the graphics very much so! ^^ Full marks for this section!

Character Development (9/10):
When you start reading the story, you will notice that characters are displayed in a realistic way. No Mary Sue's present in this story far from actually. They are described as human being not superficial beings, who think they are better than all the rest. Because they all have their flaws and off course a few secrets here and there. Which makes the story that much more interesting. I don't want to give any spoiler alert so.. I will say this you have to read the story to know what's going to happen. It does make the story that much more intriguing.

Appearance (8/10):
Tbh, if you read the story while being on your laptop or on your pc, the font size is allright. But i must say, it's rather small and actually too small when you try to read it on your mobile phone without zooming in, that is. So I do advice everyone, if they read your story on their mobile phone, to zoom in a bit and then it works fine. The story is very well structured, so that it doesn't give any issues to follow up and reading on. If you forget a part of the story, don't worry as it is written in several POV's, the last bit of the story gets repeated by next person's POV. Although, sometimes with the repetition, it makes it a bit confussing. But it's positive at the other hand, to know the other person's POV.

Originality & Plot (8/10):
It's seems in the beginning it's your typical boy - girl story with in this case an Idol and a "normal" person. But as you read on, you really did your best to stand out though with your story. I can say this much, there's a twist in the story which makes it not cliché anymore. You really did your best do make it something different. It's does not have your typical plotline in it and far from a love triangle. It maybe start off as a typical plotline, but wait for it.. ANIEYO, i'm not going to spoil anything! ^^ I see that you tried your best do create and write a story that may stand out.

Flow (9/10):
The story flows very smoothly and ends.. well for that you just have to read the story ;) As it is still ongoing, I'm am too curious about the ending. It's doesn't feel like choppy and interupted. I couldn't stop reading, that's why in my opinion, I arrived very fast at the "ending". For me, it does go by quickly upto a certain moment in the story where everything chances, and than it slows down, but not as slow that it could bother you while reading.

Writing (9/10):
The story is well written and conveys your ideas perfectly. I saw a little bit how your mind works right now, and I must say I'm surprised but in a positive way. It's very easy to read the story without struggling with unknown difficult English words. I could see the whole story playing as a movie in my head. So for me that means that the story is well written.

Grammar & Spelling (9/10):
As I know that English is not your first language, I will try to do my best to be not too harsh. While reading your story, you made some minor mistakes. If you correct them, it will be allright. They are not disturbing you while reading.


Repetition:

“Hey, stop daydreaming, will you! and just go in, we almost need to go.” I shook my head and started walking. I was looking at a cute shop with some triflers. Suzy waved her hand before my eyes.

“Hey, stop daydreaming, will you! and just go in, we almost need to go.” I shook my head and started walking.


Some little mistakes, which I fail to point out to you right now, as I can't find them right now. But If you continue editing (which you are currently doing right now) I'm sure you will stumble upon them and correct them.


General Enjoyment (10/10):
I really did enjoy your story so far! And I will off course continue reading it, because you made me curious for the ending. I like how all the people interact with each other. As I said before, I do want to read more of your story! *FIGHTING DONGSAENG!*

 


Total score: 91/100
Reviewer: StephLovesKCulture
Reviewed on: 27/08/2014
Comments and thoughts: Keep on writing such great stories! I will certainly read them all from now on. *FIGHTING!*



Reminders: Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to
StephLovesKCulture (STLK) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png