"The V"

"The V"

"J-hope I have a problem" V says with a frown as he walks into his best friend’s room, effectively disturbing the other’s private anime time.

"What" J-hope sighs and sit up from his bed, pausing the anime on his computer. He's annoyed but since he's such a good friend (and since it must be serious since V rarley frowns) he's willing to look over this awful interuption.

"I want Jungkook to like-like me but I don't know how, help!" V whines and slumps down on the bed next to J-hope dramatically.

J-hope blinks at his friend in confusion.

"But he already does" J-hope says slowly, not understanding the problem.

"No he doesn't! I haven’t notice him treating me even slightly different than any other member "V whines and J-hope opens his mouth in a silent "aah" and nods his head slightly in understanding.

V is dense, that explains it.

With a grin J-hope puts a hand on his troubled friends shoulder, causing V to look up at him with almost teary eyes.

”Believe me, He wants the V” J-hope says in his Korean-accented-barely-English and pats V’s shoulder with a warm smile. He had heard the phrase from Rap monster when he asked him why he and Jin got together. Jin had turned bet red and stopped Rap monster from saying anything more but J-hope is pretty sure it means something romantic.

What else could really explain why Jin puts up with rap monster other than romance and love?

V frown even harder as he thinks this over.

“V as ?” He asks in English and J-hope’s smile falters.

He’s pretty sure V was not supposed to stand for .

“No” He answers uncertainly in Korean, having reached the end of his English abilities. “I don’t think so."

"We’ll have to ask rap monster what it means”

 

“The D, J-hope the D” Rap monster explains with an eye roll just as Jin walks into the kitchen with a small smile. “Not the V”

“What are you talking about?” Jin asks sweetly and walks forward to put his head on Rap monsters shoulder, smiling lovingly at his boyfriend

“J-hope said that Jungkook wants the D” V explained patiently and Jin freezes. Rap monster swallows and laughs nervously but a glare from Jin shuts him up.

He what?” Jin asks and sounds scary as detaches from Rap monster, who looks like he’s trying to blend into the wall. “Jungkook does not want any sort of D do you understand? Jungkook is innocent! He’s a young boy that’s still going to school and you stay away from him J-hope!” Jin glares dangerously and J-hope cowers in fear.

Then Jin seems to realize something else and he turns to rap monster once again with fury in his eyes.

"You taught them that didn't you? You ert! I can't believe you go around teaching your members these kind of things! Do they even fully know what it means?!? You're..." As Jin continues to screech on and on about responsibility and Rap monster covers in fear at his furrious boyfriend, J-hope and V slowly makes their way out of the kitchen.

"So what does D really stand for?" V whispers as they flee out of the kitchen and J-hope frowns in annoyence: Jin always seems to irrupt before they can get it explained. Outside the kitchen they bump into a very newly-awoken looking Suga, who seems to have heared everything they said.

"Delationship of course, like when two people are in love and together!" He explains superiorly, sounding very annoyed and sleepy. "You two are so dumb"

V and J-hope bites their lips and wisely stay quiet as the angry male stomps past them towards the bathroom, walking past the kitchen where you can hear Rap monsters paniced voice trying to explain himself.

"Isn't it relationship?" J-hope whispers whne Suga is too far away to hear them and V frowns.

"I don't know. But since 'the D' obivously means something romantic it makes sense that it should be delationship" V whispers back and J-hope nods slowly.

They walk in silence for a while until they reache J-hope's room and the later realizes he has anime to catch up with. He abruptly stops in front of his door and turns to V with a smal smile.

"You should just tell cookie how you feel" J-hope reasons. "Just ask him out, I'm sure he would say yes and then you could be as happy as Rap monster and Jin!"

From the kitchen they hear a loud crash followed by screaming from both Rap monster and Jin (something about being irresponsible versus being too motherly. There's also something about topping but V isn't sure how food has anything to do with it) and they both glance back nervously.

"Good luck brother" J-hope says gravely and puts a hand on V's shoulder.

V nods and tries to look brave, the result looking like a scared puppy.

J-hope pats his shoulder twice and before V has the time to react he has fled into his room and shut the door straight in V's face. Well into his room J-hope opens his computer and types in his favourite anime page, already forgetting all about his friend’s problems.

 

V squirms nervously as he sits on the sofa. Jungkook has been away to school and is soon coming home and V is fully intending on confessing to the teenager as soon as he steps inside the door.

He is quite nervous since Jin had said that Jungkook didn't want any D and that probably hinted that Jungkook didn't like anyone at the moment. Still, V knew he had to try. Even being rejected was better than living and not knowing if his feelings were answered by the other male or not.

The lock to the front door suddenly rattles, causing V to jump in his seat and seconds later the door open to reveal Jungkook in his school uniform. He looks annoyed and tired but his gloomy expression brightens up when he sees V on the sofa and he smiles happily at the man whose stomach suddenly feels very weird.

"Hi hyung" Jungkook greets happily and throws his backpack on the floor. "What's up?"

"Hi cookie" V answers and rise to walk and stand in front of the teenager. "I have something to ask you" he twists nervously.

"Oh?" Junkook says and stand up from where he was untying his shoes. "What is it?"

V takes a deep breath to calm himself somewhat. He registers Jin walking in to the living room but decides to just ignore him and get on with it.

Screw it if Jin get to witness V’s confession, This is it.

"J-jungkook, D-do you want the D-D?" V asks in stuttering, bad english while blushing furiously and looks at Jungkook through fluttering eyelashes. On the side Jin freezes on his spot and his mouth falls open in chock.

Jungkook blinks slowly at V, blushing even more than the other. He seems in chock for a moment and V feels like he wants nothing more than to take back him words. Then Jungkook bites his lower lip and take a step forward so that they’re standing really, really close.

"Yes I do" He whispered quietly and V's heart stops.

On the side Jin make a distressed noise and promptly faints, destroying the beautiful moment and forcing the other two to take care of him instead of leaning even closer to let their lips meet.

V thinks that maybe he should have waited until the two of them were alone.

 

"You don't really know what wanting the D means, do you?" Jungkook asks later as they lie on V's bed, both fully dressed and watching anime.

Jungkook sounds angry and V tries to figure out if he's done something wrong. He can't come up with anything and tensely answers.

"Delationship?"

Jungkook sighs.

"It's relationship V, not delationship" He explains sullenly and crosses his arms with a pout. V's mouth forms a small "oh" and he blushes at his own stupidity. They lie in a tense silent for a while before Jungkook speaks up again.

"But I guess I don't really mind having a relationship with you either"

V turns his head to meet the others eyes and when he sees that Jungkook is blushing and looking at him with a small smile he breaks out into a large grin. He rolls over to his side and throws an arm around the other, snuggling as close as possible and buries his face in Jungkook’s neck. Jungkook laughs and squeels as V inhales the others scent but he doesn’t move away and V’s heart race in his chest.

Then J-hope walks in on the disgustingly cute scene and makes a gagging sound.

"Shut up! You're just jealous!" Jungkook defends and J-hope looks deeply offended.

“Jealous? Me?! The almighty J-horse doesn't need anyone!" He exclaims loudly before high tailing out of the room, leaving V and Jungkook laughing at him on the bed.

 

"So, what does wanting the D really means?"

"Want me to show you?"