FINAL CHAPTER

You're my fate

Taeng is busy at his shooting set which located at a resort not far from town. Today he needs to finish the drama scenes for tomorrow slot on tv. But his mind actually did not too focus on the drama. The nightmare that he had few days ago still bothering his mind. Plus he also keeps thinking about tomorrow meeting. It will be the last time for him to see Tiffany. Its really hurting him inside right now. But for now, he must be strong so that people will not realize it including Jessica.

“and cut !!! okay guys, its good...Taeyeon ssi, you can take a break for a while before we continue with your next scene...”, the director give the instructions.

“okay...”, Taeng walks away from the set and looks for Jessica.

Seeing Taeng coming towards her, she then passed the mineral water to that guy. “are you okay?”, Jessica-

“i’m okay...just need a rest for a few minutes...”, Taeng-

“okay...you want to eat anything? I can get for you?”, Jessica-

“no thanks...i’m still full...if you hungry, go and get something to eat...”, Taeng-

“errrmmm...okay...i’ll go to the restaurant inside...if you need anything just call me okay...”, Jessica-

“okay...i’ll be at those area...”, Taeng points to the beach in front of them.

***

Tomorrow will be D-day for her. Tiffany is at Seoul already and she is staying at a hotel here. Her mind still processing for so many things right now. For this few days, she really don’t get enough rest. She admits that she still loves Taeng with all her heart. But when thinking about Ki Jun, suddenly she feels guilty to that guy since she already give hope to him lately. What should she do now? Is she really wanna go through with the divorce? Is she really that ready to live without Kim Taeyeon in her life? Many questions keeps flooding in her mind which make her feels so depressed. Cannot stand be like this, she finally decided to take a walk around the hotel that she is staying right now. Luckily this hotel have their own artificial beach which gives her ideal atmosphere to calm her mind. She keeps walking alongside the beach and then decided to sit at a bench under a shady tree. The breeze was blowing fine which make Tiffany immersed in her own world. But suddenly the wind turns strong which make the pink shawl that she puts on her shoulder fly away. Realized that, she run to get that shawl again but unfortunately she missed it. The shawl is nowhere to be seen.

Taeng is sitting beside a tree when suddenly a piece of shawl falls beside him. Shocked with that situation, he then takes the shawl and what a miracle to him that it is the same shawl that he lost before. He really cannot believe this. What signs that god want him to understand? He really cannot thinking right now. But then, here comes Jessica to his side.

“what are you doing here?”, Jessica just finished eating at the restaurant.

“......”, Taeng still in shocked.

“yahhh Kim Taeyeon !! I’m talking to you...”, Jessica protest when she got no reply from that guy.

“i...”, Taeng mind still do not working.

Jessica find its weird with Taeng right now. “hey...whats wrong? Why do you look like this? And what are you holding?”, Jessica suddenly saw the shawl.

“errr...Sica...do you believe in miracle?”, Taeng-

“huh? Miracle? What are you talking about? Are you okay Taengoo?”, Jessica suddenly feels like she ever saw that shawl before.

~Flashback~

>>> AT TIFFANY HOUSE (THE ISLAND)

This happened when Jessica and Yuri go to the island to meet Tiffany few months ago. On one morning, Jessica wanted to borrow hair dryer from Tiffany, so Tiffany asked her to take it in her room. That is the time when she see this pink shawl and don’t know why she was attracted to it. Maybe because of the embroidery name on it which make it looks special. Suddenly Tiffany enter the room and she saw Jessica was holding that shawl.

“that is the only gift from my mom that i had...”, Tiffany explained although Jessica do not asked.

“well i can see it from the art here...your name right? Stephi with love...wow ! You must be happy to have this right?”, Jessica-

“yes...its so special to me...and i can said that this shawl is a lucky one...”, Tiffany-

“huh? What do you means by lucky?”, Jessica get curious.

“yes its a lucky shawl since i once lost it at my village...but years later i found it again at this island...at first i find its weird but then i believe that it is the power of God...that is why i called it a lucky shawl...”, Tiffany-

“its really happened? Wow! I can’t believe it...like a miracle...”, Jessica-

“yes...its a miracle...and maybe i can said it as my fate to have it again...”, Tiffany-

~End of Flasback~

 

“wait a minute...isn’t this Tiffany’s shawl? Why it is with you? Did she give it to you?”, Jessica continue asking.

“huh??? Its Tiffany’s? How do you know?”, Taeng cannot believed what he heard from Jessica. For all this time, he really don’t know the owner of this pink shawl. He keeps this shawl just because he got special feeling about it.

“i know...because i once saw this in her room...and she also told me the story about this shawl...she said that she once lost it and later find it...”, Jessica explained.

“really?”, Taeng still cannot believed.

“yes...and as far as i know, this shawl is so special to her since it is her mom’s gift for her...there is her name on it right...its Stephi with love...”, Jessica points to the name.

“...........”, Taeng don’t know what to react now.

“wait a minute...when did she give this to you? As far as i know, you never seen her after i comeback from the island with Yuri...right? so when did she give it to you?”, Jessica-

“she didn’t give it to me...”, Taeng answered shortly.

“so? Do you stole it from her? Yahhh Kim Taeyeon !!!”, Jessica is getting mad if that is the truth.

“no ! yahhh Jessica...let me go...”, Taeng try to release himself from Jessica.

“if you don’t stole it then how come you got it? You better tell me the truth Taengoo...”, Jessica-

“i also don’t know...maybe its the fate that send it to me...”, Taeng-

“haha...so funny...yah Kim Taeyeon! Don’t kidding me please...just tell me the truth and i promise i will not punish you...”, Jessica-

***

D-Day: At the Court

When the lawyer detailing about the process, Taeng’s eyes silently are on Tiffany without that girl realized. He’s gonna missed this face forever and knowing that making his heart feel so uneasy.

Tiffany also getting nervous as much as words that coming out from the lawyer. But when looking at Taeng, she can see that guy looks so calm today, like he is ready for this day. This feeling hurt her a little more.

“so shall we starts the proceeding right now?...”, the lawyer asked.

“errr...yes...”, Taeng stuttered. While Tiffany just nodded.

“okay...Mr Taeyeon Kim...Are you agree to divorce with Ms Hwang Miyoung?”, the lawyer-

Here comes the hesitation. Although the answer is either yes or no but it is so hard for Taeng. He was silent for that time while the lawyer still waiting for his answer. Tiffany also nervous waiting for Taeng answer.

“Mr Kim...once again, i want you to answer...are you agree to divorce with Ms Hwang Miyoung?”, the lawyer looks firmer.

“..............”, Taeng-

***

>>> BACK TO THE ISLAND...

After the meeting at The Court settled, everything has back to normal. As usual, Tiffany are doing her chores at the cafe. She is so busy treating her customers. Although she feels tired but she feels happy since this cafe is part of her life.

“yah Tiff...you worked so hard for today...just go get a rest for  a while...don’t worry about the cafe...i can handle everything here...”, Ki Jun said like this after he saw Tiffany looks tired earlier.

“it’s okay Jun...i’m okay...i’m not tired at all because this is what i like to do...so you don’t need to worry about me...okay?”, Tiffany try to resist Ki Jun’ help.

“aishhh...this girl is so stubborn...”, Ki Jun sighing.

Tiffany just smiles and then she continues doing her work.

 

>>> TAENG’S FILMING LOCATION...

“and cut!!! Ok everyone...it’s a wrap for today...”, the director end the shooting for that day.

Taeng walking out of the scene place, before he went back, he meet up with the director first.

“you’re doing a great job today taeng...i’m impress with your acting...i really happy because i’ve got to work with you...i’m sure this film will gonna be a big hit later....”, the director praised him.

“the credit should go to you and the other crews too...i’m having fun working with you guys...”, Taeng smiles charmingly.

After the conversation, Taeng looks for Jessica who already waiting for him at the rest room.

“change your clothes to this...”, Jessica pass the new clothes to Taeng.

“thanks...”, Taeng grabs it and starts to change.

“so, where are we going after this?”, Jessica asked.

“i’m really tired so i guess let just go home after this...okay?”, Taeng-

“hmmm...ok if you said so...but Taengo...are you okay?”, Jessica asked suddenly because she got worry about Taeng’s health since for this few days, Taeng has being work for non stop. Luckily today they can go home earlier.

“i’m okay...just need proper rest i guest...lets go...”, Taeng walk away to his car.

 

>>> TAENG HOUSE...

Taeng is taking a rest in his room while Jessica is going back to her parent’s home. Its been a routine already for him to check on his phone before going to bed. Looking at the phone making him smiles cheesily. Without hesitation, he dialling a number.

Tuttt....tuttt....tuttttt....

“helloo hubby...”, the voice over there answer.

Taeng smiling widely when hearing that voice. “ helloo wifey...”, Taeng-

“taetae...why are you calling me so late? I’ve been waiting for you for a long time already...”, Tiffany said it with cute voice.

“i’m sorry my dear...i just reached the house...the shooting ending late today...I’m sorry okay...”, Taeng-

“really...what a pity on you...you must be tired right...sorry if i’m troubling you because you need to call me first eventhough you already tired...”, Tiffany blaming herself.

“yahhh...what are you talking about...you are not troubling me you know...besides, i’m happy to hear your voice before i’m going to bed...i missed you so much wifey...”, Taeng-

“i missed you too taetae...when are you going to meet me here?”, Tiffany-

“like i promise, i will come to you after i finished shooting for my film...you’re okay with that right? i hope you understand my job...”, Taeng-

“yes i’m okay...i am your number one fan right...so of course i understand you job...hehe...”, Tiffany-

“hehe...honey...you know what?”, Taeng-

“what???”, Tiffany-

“i love you so much...”, Taeng said cheesily.

“i love you too...”, Tiffany-

“want me to sing a bedtime song for you?”, Taeng-

“of course...”, Tiffany smiles widely.

***

*** FLASHBACK AT THE COURT

Jessica and Yuri are waiting outside the room. Both of them also nervous waiting for the result of the proceeding. Although they know that Taeng had fixed his decision to divorce but deep in their hearts, they still hoping for some miracle to happen.

After about an hour, finally the couple inside coming out from the room one by one. The first person that walk out is Tiffany and few seconds later follows by Taeng. Both of them looks so gloomy and with that, Jessica and Yuri can assumed already that everything is over between them.

Although Taeng and Tiffany has no relationship anymore, but Jessica still loves Tiffany like her own sister. She can understand how Tiffany’s feeling right now. So she went to Tiffany and hugs the girl tightly. She try to soothe Tiffany.

At the same time, Yuri approach his bestfriend in order to show his support to Taeng.

“i know you are strong man...so i hope you can be tough enough to face this...”, Yuri said it while hugging Taeng.

“it’s okay Yul...i’m fine...besides, i have you guys right...so you don’t have to worry about me...”, Taeng answer shortly.

“so if there’s anything else, i guess we should make a move now...”, Yuri suggest.

Taeng just nodded. After that, he walks towards Jessica and Tiffany. Suddenly he grab Tiffany’s hand and holds it tight which make Jessica in shocked. Yuri also got the same reaction. But then, Taeng forms a smile to them.

“yah !!! Kim Taeyeon !!! what is this???”, Jessica seeking for explaination.

“errr....Taeng...what are you trying to do?”, Yuri turns to asked.

“guys...first of all, forgive us for our acting earlier...”, Taeng explained.

“yahhhh !!!”, Jessica-

“actually guys, we are not divorce...because...we really cannot do it...and i as a man cannot let my one and only girl that i loves slip away from me again...”, by that Taeng softly pull Tiffany closer to him and currently they are facing each other.

“hmmm....i think its enough for once i’ve already lost her before, and i will not let it happen again...Fany ah...i love you with all my heart and life...i’m really sorry for being too late to realize that i only love you wifey...and from now on, i promise that i will be a good husband to you...Fany ahh...although i might not the best man for you but i promise that as times goes by, i will always trying my best to be the best for you...before this, i might not believe in love and fate but now i believe that those two exist because right now in front of me there standing my fate and my love...so Fany ahh, don’t ever think of leaving me again because i cannot live without you...will you promise me?”, Taeng tears down because he really means what he said.

Hearing those confession from Taeng making Tiffany so touched. She also can’t avoid from tearing down. Because she is so happy, she even are not able to make a word but just nodded to Taeng’s answer as a sign that she will not leave him ever again.

“i love you...”, Taeng kissed Tiffany forehead.

“i love you too...”, Tiffany tighthen their hugs.

Jessica and Yuri who witnessed the most memorable scenes also touched with the couple’s confession. They feels so happy because finally these two lovebirds reunite again and they hope this time it will be forever.

***

>>> BACK TO REALITY...

Tiffany is busy taking the order from her customer till suddenly a customer call her to make an order. Because she is lack of staff today since two of her workers were on leave so she becomes a little bit chaotic since she needs to cover those two. After few minutes, then only she is able to serve that one customer that call her earlier.

“i’m really sir for making you wait like this...i promise that this situation will not gonna happen again later...”, Tiffany admit her fault so she said sorry from that customer.

That guy just nodded without any word.

“thanks sir...so sir, may i take your order now?”, Tiffany asked politely.

The guy just sit silently for few minutes which make Tiffany keeps wondering what is wrong with this guy.

“excuse me...sir? may i have your order?”, Tiffany-

“i want you...”, by that Taeng put down the menu and head up his face to see Tiffany. He smiles widely to that woman.

“yahhhh !!!”, Tiffany automatically hugging that guy tightly. Yes, she really missed this guy badly. “why you didn’t tell me that you will come here?”, Tiffany-

“cause this is what we called as surprise my dear...”, then Taeng kissed his wife.  Only god knows how happy Taeng is right now.

From the kitchen, there standing a man watching over that scene. Although Ki Jun hurt so bad knowing that Tiffany cannot accept his love but at least he still happy to see the woman that he loves is happy right now. At first, it also hard for him to face Tiffany but now everything is over, and he knows that Taeng is the best man for Tiffany. He accept his fate that Tiffany is not born for him.

>>> TIFFANY HOUSE

“taetae...what are you doing here? Isn’t it late already...plus, its cold here...lets go in...”, Tiffany approach Taeng at the balcony.

“i like to sit here...i can feel the fresh air and the stars are so beautiful tonight...just like you my dear...”, Taeng answered.

“cheesy...”, Tiffany smiles hearing those words from Taeng.

Taeng smiles too. After that he holds Tiffany hands. “actually i have something to give you...”, Taeng-

“huh? What is it?”, Tiffany curious.

Taeng take out something from his pocket. And then he passed it to Tiffany.

“is this yours?”, Taeng-

Tiffany almost didn’t believe what she see right now. How can she still found this pink shawl again. She lost her words. Like a miracle, she never expect to have it again after she lost it at the resort.

“errr...how come you can have this? I thought i’ve lost it...”, Tiffany-

“it is what we called as a fate my dear...and because of this shawl i’ve got the answer to my doubtful heart before...”, Taeng-

“huh? What do you mean? I really dont get it taetae...”, Tiffany-

“it is love that makes the impossible becomes possible my dear...”, Taeng-

Tiffany smiles hearing Taeng’s answer. She understand what Taeng trying to say here.

“but honey,i bet after this, you shall not losing this shawl again...because if you do, i can’t promise that i can return it to you like this again...well, miracle do not happen everyday right...haha...”, Taeng said it jokingly.

“haha...i will take care of it more carefully from now on...”, Tiffany-

After that, they both keep silence again. They were drowning in the beautiful site of the sky that night.

“Fany ahh...i want you to know that you are special to me in every way...Thank you for being who you are and for letting me be myself when i’m with you...i might fell for you unexpectedly, but now i plan to be with you forever...because my love for you will be eternity...i love you Tiffany Hwang...”, Taeng-

“i love you too Kim Taeyeon...”, Tiffany-

 

~ THE END ~