CHANCE

CHANCE

I entered the coffee shop to look for him. I roamed around the shop if he's there or at least a hint of him going here. The familiar scent of the coffee flashed memories of me and A. I remembered the time how he saved me from that coffee spill. Instead of me getting all wet from hot coffee, he received all of it. I would be happy to see him here even if he is soaking with hot coffee yet, no sign of A is here. 

 

Now, I kept asking myself, where would A go. I kept driving and driving until I reached our favourite hangout place, the amusement park. I tried to come in and look for him but it was already closed for it was already midnight. Slowly, I climbed the gates and jumped on the other side. I looked around and saw the old building where it used to be a horror house. I remember the time we went inside that building and when we got out, he was soaking in his sweat, his shirt was crumpled and he looked stressed. I laughed at him yet I felt sorry because it's my entire fault. I was so scared in the fake ghost inside that's why he looked abused. Oh I wish I could hug him again when I’m scared. I wish I could feel those muscles in his arms again. I started to run as soon as I saw the policeman running after me, climbed the gates as fast as I could, got in my car and drove as fast as I can.

 

When I stopped, I reached the park. I got out of the car and sat on the bench. I felt the cold breeze in my cheeks as I looked at the stars. I stiffened when I remembered something. The day we first met. When a 5-year-old me was bullied by 5 girls, a handsome knight came to my rescue. You said I was a princess and I don’t deserve to be bullied. I ask why you can’t be my prince. I know it was a ridiculous question that's why you laughed before you answered that every princess doesn’t need a prince charming but a knight who will be there to save her. When I came back to reality, I was already crying ha-ha. I miss him, I miss my knight.

 

The next stop is the school. I remembered we always go to the rooftop, and talk about life or just sleep. I looked at my watch, 2 am. I just wanted to rest. I wanted to escape in this world for a few minutes. As I lay my back at the corner, I closed my eyes. I did not sleep. I did not take a nap. I just closed my eyes and rested. I can feel his presence. I can feel his warmth. I opened my eyes and saw no one. No A. No Ashton Ford. No knight. Just me. I hugged my knees and started to weep. No. I will not be weak. I will not cry for I know that I will find him. As I stood up, I walked pass the hallway, went pass my car, and just walked where my feet could take me.

 

As I walked pass the bus station, I remembered the day we first met. There was a robber and took my phone. You ran after the man and beat him up. Well, a handsome, tall, muscular, brown hair with green eyes guy helped me. We became friends and you told me you couldn't leave me for you always have the urge to save me from all my accidents. As I continued to walk, I reached of favourite place, the exact place where I realized that I am totally in love with my knight. I am in love with Ashton Ford. The cliff. The cliff where we watched the sunrise and the same cliff where we watched the sunset.

 

 As the sun starts to rise, I sat at the bottom of the tree and watched the birds as they flew above me. I closed my eyes. If I could, I'd make a deal with God to go and make things back to normal. I want to see A. I opened my eyes and saw a figure of a person far from me. Tall man with well-defined body, messy brown hair. As I looked at him intently, I saw his green eyes sparkle. A. My eyes started to water. I tried to stand up and run to him. To hug him tightly. Yet, I can't move my legs. He gave me a soft smile. As a tear rolled upon his cheek, he began to walk backwards. He gave me another smile, yet this one was a sad smile as he stepped backwards and fell on the cliff. I was too shocked to react. He jumped off a cliff. I know he saved me a lot of times, yet I didn't do anything to save him. Slowly, I walked at the end of the cliff. There he is. Swimming in his own blood. There was a thick lump in my throat that I can't swallow. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I wanted to be mad at him, but I can't. He's dead. I would never see his eyes sparkle when I say something funny. I would never see his smile again, the way he smiles at me. I would never see him. There's no more A. No more Ashton Ford.