two.

내 여자친구를 부탁해 | Please Take Care of my Girlfriend

That night when Kai came home to Krystal crying, it wasn’t because she passed that one audition she had been praying day and night for but instead she found out the love of her life was dying and he had always been dying since the moment she met him.


 

Krystal knew Kai took medication but when she asked about them, he said they were vitamins. Ten hours before Kai found her crying, Krystal had popped one into her system after she caught a cold, hoping it would make her feel better. Instead, she found herself in a daze and everything blurred together as if she was heavily intoxicated. Four hours later and she’s stumbling into the emergency room. Two hours after she makes it there, her vision returns and she finds herself seated at a desk in front of a very old doctor.

“Where did you get those pills from?” He asks her.

Krystal furrows her brows. “My bestfriend. He takes them. He told me they were vitamins.”

The doctor sighs as he shakes his head. “The pills you took are not vitamins. They’re painkillers for patients who have been suffering with terminal cancer for a long time.”


 

Terminal cancer.


 

Do you have any deep dark secrets that I don’t know about?” Krystal asks Kai at dinner.

“Why the sudden curiosity?” He asks in return.

Because, you’re dying.

She shrugs. “Do you have any wishes?”

Meeting her eyes, he slightly grins. “I wish for you to stop being so weird and eat.”

Krystal blinks as she thinks for a moment before eventually feeding her self. “Wish granted. What else?”

Kai sighs. “Meet a good guy and get married.”

But I only want to marry you.

“Can’t I marry you?” Krystal returns.

“I’m not a good guy.”

I don’t need you to be good, I just need you.

Krystal blinks with her eyes refusing to leave his. He really means it so even if she doesn’t want to, she’s going to grant it.

“Okay.”


 

That’s why she met Kris.


 

He looked well off and although that’s a shallow reason to approach someone, Krystal didn’t care. She was going to grant Kai’s wish one way or another.


 

It was raining when she first saw him. Kris was with Zitao outside the broadcasting studio and knowing Zitao is originally from a well off family, she quickly assumes Kris is as well, judging from his attire and stance.


 

Two days later and Krystal formally meets Kris for the first time in a dark corridor where the vending machines are located. Kris is in the middle of a call and sipping on some water when Krystal strolls in to grab a cup of water at the water filter. She searches around for a cup and heaves a loud sigh when she realizes there are no more. Next her eyes set on Kris or more importantly, the cup in his hands.

"Excuse me," Krystal says and when Kris spares her a quick glance, she points to the cup in his hands. "Are you done?"

"Huh?" Kris holds up the small plastic cup in confusion and Krystal nods. "Uh, I guess?"

Shamelessly, she holds her palm out for it and although Kris is utterly confused at this gorgeous dancer, he hands her the cup and watches her fill it up with water. The person on the other line and everything else becomes completely irrelevant when she takes a sip of water from the same exact cup he was just using a few seconds ago.


 

Krystal takes another small sip before she takes a moment to examine the cup. Her bottom lip pushes forward and she turns to Kris.

"Which side did you drink from?"

Kris blinks and his mouth is open but nothing comes out so Krystal shrugs and takes another sip.

"Does this count as a kiss?"

"Excuse me?" Kris gasps quietly with a grin of disbelief growing in his lips.

Sighing, Krystal takes one last drink and shrugs. "Wow, our first meeting and we had an indirect kiss. Okay."

And just like that, Kris watches the strange girl walk away like they just had the most normal encounter.


 

A couple days past and Krystal is back at the broadcasting studio for a last minute call to be an extra in a drama when they meet again. In heels that are too tall for her already tall frame, Krystal is dashing through the halls after she gets notification that they're reshooting the entire scene due to the fact that their main actress was dissatisfied. Cursing under her breath, Krystal considers taking off her heels while running down the stairs but that's too time consuming at the moment so she prays her ankles will survive after. She hears a door swing open and a person turns into the staircase, startling and wiping her off her feet—literally.


 

Krystal's loses her balance when her eyes set on a surprised Kris and falls straight forward towards him. Fortunately he has fast reflexes and catches her fall which ultimately turns him into her cushion. A blink of an eye later and Krystal finds herself literally on top of him with their noses a breath away. She blinks and he clears his throat awkwardly. A tingling feeling in her chest area breaks their gaze and her eyes divert to his hands that had landed on her s to catch her fall. Kris was expecting some sort of outburst and he was prepared to defend himself but once again, she surprises him.

"Wow," her eyes return to his, calm and casual. "We kiss on our first meeting and fondle on the second."


 

Their next few meetings are somewhat similar and even Krystal starts to forget the real reason why she had set her eyes on Kris in the first place. He’s charming and despite the lack of words they exchange, there’s a sense of familiarity whenever they run into each other. Krystal gets called again for another part and per usual, Kris is nearby. She learned not long after their second meeting that Kris is actually in charge of the Chinese production, explaining why he’s in South Korea.


 

Entering Studio A, Krystal was expecting a rowdy crew but instead she’s met with silence. The lights are on and the stage is lit but there is no one in sight which gets her worried. Just as she’s about to leave, someone calls her name.

“Soojung, right?”

She spins around and Kris is standing on the stage with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah," she replies a bit too sharply. "Is something wrong?"

He shrugs and Krystal watches in silence as he steps off the stage and towards her. His eyes are mysterious, just like the way he usually presents himself in front of others. It's not until he's a foot away from her that Krystal realizes she's been holding her breath.

"Let's go on a date," Kris states, softly demanding instead of asking and she a brow in response. The way his eyes set on her makes her stomach flip a few times over which surprisingly makes her nervous but of course, it doesn't show.

Krystal scoffs but Kris seems used to her odd personality already. "Wow, I guess you beat me to it."

The tall manga character grins and Krystal smirks.

"Shall we?" He motions towards the door and Krystal motions as well.

"Lead the way."


 

It was a typical movie date that bored Krystal to death. So she just slept through it all while using Kris’ shoulder as a bony pillow.


 

On the second date where Krystal has to actually talk to Kris and make her life sound interesting, she opted in getting drunk instead since talking seems easier when intoxicated.


 

“What do you think about marriage?”

The beating of her heart is so loud, her eardrums might explode.

“Marriage is like a toothbrush holder,” he mumbles in response.

“Why a toothbrush holder?” To Krystal’s eyes there is no way possible a toothbrush holder can be compared to marriage.

“Because.” Kai pauses for a second and Krystal begins to think he fell asleep. “Marriage brings two people together, like toothbrushes in one holder.”

Silence.

She feels the tears coming and shut her lids closed to prevent them. “Then I must be married already,” she mumbles in response.

“You fool." He speaks in a calm whisper. “You can’t get married without a wedding.”

Kai sighs and slips out of the bed in the direction of the bathroom. Once the door shuts behind him, the tears spill and Krystal feels like she’s drowning. The warmth in her heart transitions into a burning sensation, a lot like putting out cigarettes on an open wound. She forces the tears to an end with her eyes tightly clenched and fists turning as pale as snow. It ends with a hiccup and Krystal makes up her mind, she’s going to marry Kris.


 

The clock strikes twelve and Cinderella needs to go home now, except Krystal isn’t Cinderella and she’s way more pitiful due to the fact that Cinderella’s prince doesn’t die.


 

Her’s is.


 

The glass feels cold underneath her fingertips and Krystal sighs, winter is coming, Kai’s favorite season. Unlike her gloomy soul, Seoul is so lively and it’s a shame that only the moon can see how pretty the lights are at night. Kris’ apartment is quiet but a nice kind of quiet, one where it’s comforting and not consuming. She currently wears one of his t-shirts that cuts off around her upper thigh while he’s asleep in a separate room. Krystal cracks open one of the many windows and allows for the breeze to come in. Kai is like the cold, unresponsive and silently captivating while to her, Kris is like fire. He’s bold and daring. They’re both polar opposites but they conflict her mind in many of the same ways. As the days go by with Kris, she begins to forget that it’s all for Kai. Falling for Kris was not her original plan and it makes her scared because what if falling for him results in forgetting Kai.


 

A soft sound of footsteps grabs her attention and she turns just as Kris wraps his warm soul around her fragile self. She leans back into the heat and closes her eyes in peace.

“Is something bothering you?” He whispers with his breath sending goosebumps down her neck.

“You fool. You can’t get married without a wedding.”

Slowly opening her eyelids, Krystal sees the city lights again then she focuses on their subtle reflection on the glass. They look good together.

“Oppa,” she mumbles softly. This is it. “Let’s get married.”

Kris doesn’t respond and surprisingly it frightens her. What if she doesn’t manage to fulfil Kai’s last wish?

 

After a long deafening silence, Kris releases her and starts towards the kitchen with Krystal’s eyes capturing his every move. She watches him reach far back into one of the cupboards but due to the darkness, she’s unable to make out what he has in his hands until he finds the light by the window again. Her eyes set on the small velvet box in his palm before looking up to reach his expecting eyes in disbelief.

“Gosh Jung,” Kris says teasingly with a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. “Must you always try to beat me at everything?”

Krystal releases the breath she had been holding and Kris lowers down onto one knee in nothing but an oversized tank top and pajamas.

“I didn’t plan to do it like this,” he chuckles nervously underneath her tear lined eyes. “There was supposed to be—.”

“—If you dare tell me you rented out a restaurant, complete with hard to pronounce wine names, a personal orchestra and fireworks, I will slap you and reject this proposal faster than you can say marriage.” She tops it off with a smile then flicks away a tear before motioning for him to continue.

Kris blinks and gulps while thankful he didn’t get that far. “...Okay. Well then, will you marry me?”

The words hit her and Kai doesn’t come to mind. Instead, she sees her life with Kris play in his eyes and a smile comes naturally.

“Yes.”

Once the ring is slipped on, Kris captures her lips to seal the moment. The tears won’t stop coming and the fact that he’s stealing her breath makes her lightheaded.

“I love you,” he breathes with his forehead kissing hers.

With her lids closed, Krystal halts all lingering thoughts to focus on the moment. She takes in the rhythm of his breath, the way his arms wrap around her and where their skin touches down to the way her heart is racing. A smile makes its way across her lips and Kris drops a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“I love you too.”


 

Kai always does what she wants without fail. He always takes her side and never does he let her eat alone. Standing at the doorway to his room, Krystal can’t stand seeing his backside that is ignoring her.

"Do you think I'm just a doll you can play around with?!" He tosses his laptop onto the bed and faces her with a hard expression.

She knows why he’s doing this. It’s because he knows he doesn’t have long and he wants her to adjust to a world without him but Krystal doesn’t like it. Since he’s still here, she doesn’t want to adjust just yet. Despite wanting to scream at the top of her lungs at his idiot idea, she scoffs.

" it then! I wanted to tell you over a dinner I especially worked hard on but since you're being an , I'll just tell you like this!"

Kai gulps and she sees the guilt forming in his expression.

"I'm getting married!" She shouts with a hand pulling the door to a shut with a loud slam. One moment longer and she would’ve broke down.


 

A thousand times over, Krystal almost tells him of her feelings. At breakfast the following morning while they’re texting because technically, Krystal isn’t “talking” to him anymore, she rewrites the same message and deletes it every other second.


 

I love you.


 

“Apology accepted, only if you agree to walk me down the aisle,” Krystal says, not like she’s giving Kai much of a choice.

The shock on his face was something expected but Krystal has her mind set. “Me? Why me?”

Her eyes lock onto his and they turn gentle. “Because you’re all I have. Sometimes water runs thicker than blood and in my case, my uncles and aunts only “cared” because I have money. You’re my only family, Kai.”

He turns away with a conflicted expression and Krystal knows exactly why. He’s hurting and so is she. With a small nudge to pull him back to her, Kai nods.


 

She swears this will be the last wish from him. It will. Her eyes travel down her own body in the mirror as she tries to accept the fact that the beautiful girl in the mirror is non other than herself. Her mind is racing with a million thoughts and they’re all about how he’ll react to her. This is more nerve wracking than the entire wedding itself.


 

The curtains open and she holds her breath upon setting her eyes on Kai.

“W-what do you think?” Krystal manages to say.

Although he doesn’t say so, she sees right through him and knows this is paining him more than giving him happiness.

This is the last time, Krystal.

This is the last time Krystal will force him to do things for her. It’s just she couldn’t picture picking out a dress without Kai, she couldn’t bring herself to do it alone.

“You’re absolutely gorgeous,” he says in a soft whisper. “So gorgeous, my heart hurts.”

She smiles and pretends she doesn’t notice the way his eyes are turning glassy. Krystal wants to run away and just cry to the world about how unfair it is. Her best friend and the only person who she truly loves is dying.


 

Kai is dying.


 

Dying.


 

With him in a black tuxedo and by her side, the image is complete. If they were in Vegas, she would get him drunk and marry him right this instant but they’re not in Vegas and unfortunately, Kai doesn’t drink either. She turns to him when he’s not looking and wonders how he can control his feelings so well. It must be killing him right now, like how it’s killing her but still, his eyes are so soft and caring. Kai is truly a great person and maybe the reason why God is taking him so soon is because there is nobody who truly deserves him. Maybe.


 

“Can you take a picture for us?” Krystal asks the associate and Kai shakes his head when her arm loops into his.

“Yah, this is too much,” Kai argues quietly but she scowls at him.

“This is my last wish,” she reminds and he sighs with an eyeroll. “It’s the last one, Kai.”

Without another word he turns to face the associate but Krystal’s gaze stays on him for a bit longer. Her arms tighten around his and naturally she sets her head on his broad shoulder. Maybe in another lifetime, they can wed and spend a longer lifetime together. Hopefully.


 

She hears him leave but she doesn’t stop him. For the first time in a long while, Krystal wants to be alone so she dismisses the store associates to give herself a moment. Her legs give up on her and she collapses onto the ground with a cloud of white forming around her from the white dress along with the photo they had just took in her hands. Kai thinks Krystal is afraid to be alone but in all reality, she’s afraid to be in a world without him. Her eyes sting but the tears don’t come because she’s gotten passed that already. Now everything just goes numb.


 

When he returns home Krystal tries to act like she’s been busy when in all reality she’s been worrying over him ever since she let him leave the wedding boutique earlier that day. She turns to him but doesn’t utter a word. Turning back around, her teeth sinks down into her bottom lip as she hears him approach her from behind. Kai sinks into the sofa behind her with his arms wrapping around her and chin setting on her shoulder.

“I love you,” he says and she smiles when their eyes meet in the reflection on the laptop screen.

“I love you too.”


 

When Krystal’s parents died in that tragic automobile accident years ago, they left her with more than enough money for her to live comfortably. Due to that very reason, her Aunts and Uncles always bugged her with money issues and how she was too young to manage all of it. Of course Krystal wasn’t falling for any of their bull and they never saw a cent of it or her either. Today for the first time in years, Krystal has to face them again and she sighs knowing how Kris will now become their new target.


 

Just after she had finish kicking her estranged cousin out of her dressing room, a knock comes from the door and she sighs.

“Who is it?” She snaps.

“Me,” Sehun says and Krystal freezes. “We need to talk.”

Her heart drops and she jolts to the door at once to let him in. In a black suit, Sehun gives her a small smile on his way in.

“I know you know,” he says and Krystal her head at him. “It’s not too late to back out.” Sehun turns to her and Krystal tightens her jaw. “It’s okay to love him.”

She nods slowly. “I know. But this is the only thing I can do for him,” Krystal confesses weakly. “This is the only thing I have done for him, Sehun-ah.”

He lowers his eyes. “When did you find out?”

“Spring,” she answers. “I took his meds thinking it was vitamins and landed myself in the ER.”

Sehun scoffs. “Idiot.”

“Shut up,” she snaps with an eyeroll.


 

He takes a moment to look around before turning back to her. “You look beautiful by the way.”

“What’s new,” she retorts dryly before turning serious again. “How long does he have left, do you know?”

Sehun sighs and seats himself on the bed. “Not long but I’m not too sure myself.”

Krystal holds onto the vanity to stable herself. “I love him, more than anything, Sehun.”

He nods knowingly. “Soojung, I can take you away right now if you want to be with him. I will do everything for the two of you—for Jongin. I just need you to tell me.”

Sehun and Krystal have always spent most of their time bickering but that doesn’t mean they weren’t close and although he wishes she would say so, Krystal doesn’t.

“I,” Krystal inhales. “While trying to fulfil his wish, I fell in love, Hoon. I love Kris. He’s a great person and,” her face distorts and Krystal lowers her eyes. “I want to be with him too. It’s not that I don’t love Kai. I love him and I want to be with him but I can’t.”

With a sigh, Sehun nods. “I’d thought you would say that but it was worth trying.”

He rises from the bed and silently starts towards the door with his head down. Sighing one last time, Sehun turns to Krystal. “Please don’t ever forget Jongin. Like how you fear of being alone, he has a fear of being forgotten.”


 

The horrible wedding song plays and Krystal clenches her jaw. Clicking of shoes makes her turn to Kai and he holds out his arm to her. He’s smiling so she does too. The doors open and he pulls her along down the aisle to Kris.

“I love you,” Kai whispers with his eyes only focused on the front.

She doesn’t want to but she forces herself to face Kris and again her heart is conflicted by these two amazing men in her life. Kris is smiling so brightly and it makes her think back to Kai’s reaction to her in a wedding dress.

“I love you too,” she replies, knowing it will probably be the last time she’ll get to say it to him.

 

She wishes the aisle were longer so she wouldn’t have to let him go but of course, endings always come too soon. The three of them are all at the altar now and after exchanging a brief hug with Kris, Kai turns to Krystal with glassy eyes. Ignoring all the eyes and attention in the room, they take in this last moment before he passes her hand to Kris. She doesn’t want to yet so she holds on but Kai pulls his hand free.

“Please,” he says to Kris. “Please take care of her.”

Kris nods but it doesn’t relieve any of Kai’s worries at the moment. “I will. I promise.”

He turns to her and Krystal keeps her eyes locked on Kai’s until he turns away to take his seat. Although Kai may not think so, walking down the aisle with him was as close as they could get to a wedding. In a sense, Krystal will always believe a part of her is married to Kai.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Anyeong you! So there is one last chapter left. This chapter is I guess Krystal's perspective and her feelings that Kai didn't know she harbored. So tell me what you guys think.

 

Also, most of you probably know about the recent news of Ladies' Code so all I won't say much but to please pray for Eunbi and as well as a speedy recovery for the other members, especially RiSe. Like Kyuhyun said, she'll wake up no matter what.

 

And seriously, I always seem to post when I'm busy or sleepy so this chapter is also unedited!