The sequel

We can't be

C H A P T E R  T H R E E : T H E  S E Q U E L


It’s been a month but Kyungsoo stills with her. I don’t know what exactly he was trying to imply when he said I am the one who he truly loves but I still find myself waiting for him. I am stupid, maybe I am. I am the girl who can’t move on and stuck with this stupid thing called love. I don’t know anymore, whether to believe him or not. He’s with her and he is happy. He’s smiling genuinely and I hate it. Why am I so stupid to be fooled again? But then I can’t even turn my back to him. I’ve been stuck with him. I entered this world of him not knowing if there’s any exit. He’s happy but how about me? Why am I always the one who have been put aside? Am I really not special? Do I not worth it? Am I not worth to be loved? It sickened me.

“____-ah!”

I turn around to meet the transferee. He had been following me since day one and it was kind of annoying. Am I the only one he could ask about things? I mean, he have been asking me this and that. On the other side, I also feel thankful because he was there to talk to me when I lost all my friends after the break up. I knew it, they made friends with me just to get close to Kyungsoo. They ! It’s really hard to find a real friend after all. I turned to him and ask,

“What again Mr. Kim?”

Kim Myungsoo, the new buddy in the university. He’s jolly and very friendly and I don’t get it why he chose me to tour him around when everyone is telling him no to get close to me.  I’ve heard some of our classmate telling him horrible things about me which is not really true. I don’t know if he believes them or not. But then, isn’t he weird? He heard lots of horrible things about me but then he still chooses me. Maybe, he was really just a good guy.

“Where’s the music club? I love singing, so could you—“

“No!”

I cut him off from his sentence. Lunch had passed, so most probably Kyungsoo is there. I don’t want to meet him now. I don’t know what to say or act if we find him there. So, better keep that topic off.

“Why? But I love to know where—“

“Okay, I got it. That’s our last stop.”

“But why?”

“They say, save the best for last.”

I countered. Please buy it! You need to buy it!

“Oh, you’re right. Alright then!”

He cheered and I let out the air I never thought I have been holding. He smiled cheekily which I find really cute and somewhat suspicious before snatching my hand. I tense up for a second before looking at our hands. Why is he holding me? I won’t get lost or what. I am not used to it. I am not used to people holding my hand, well except for Kyungsoo and his friends.

“Ahm… Myungsoo—“

I tried to speak up but being cut halfway.

“It’s nice holding your hand. It’s soft, let me eh?”

He pleaded with puppy eyes and how can I say no to that? He somewhat reminds me of Kai. Kai had been doing this a lot when he wants something. And being me, I always fall for aegyos. I just nodded and smiled at him before we continue our tour around the big university. This will be exhausting.

***

“You know what, they tell me things about you.”

Myungsoo started as we sat in the school cafeteria. I never thought that touring a transferee like him will be a pain in the . It’s so tiring, but at some point it was enjoying. Enjoying because I am with Kim Myungsoo, the jolly guy that can turn your mood upside down. He can make you feel happy by just cracking a silly joke. Being with him is not boring but definitely tiring.

“I know. I’ve heard it all. Maybe not all, but I always heard it from them.”

I answered plainly as if I don’t care. Actually, I really don’t care now. I’m getting used to it. I have been dealing with them for almost how many months and everything they say is nothing to me now. I am used to them, all their insults and such. I am not longer affected. If I tried to defend myself they will just tease me more so better keep my mouth shut. Sometimes, they will bully me but then there are also these times where they were scared getting near with me. As if they are afraid that someone will hurt them if they continue blabbing words against me.

“But I don’t believe them.”

I almost choke myself after hearing him said. I looked up to him and saw him staring lovingly to me. Whether to feel shy or disgusted, I don’t know. He smiled a smile that could light up your world and I found myself smiling back. He is really weird. He’s the first man who doesn’t believe with the words that they have been saying against me. Although, Kyunsoo doesn’t believe them too, because he knows me better than I know myself. But excluding him and his friends, Myungsoo is the only one who believes in me. It was refreshing, knowing that I could still made friends. I cleared my throat and composed myself as I leaned back.

“Why? You don’t know me at all.”

He smiled before answering,

“Maybe I don’t know you much, but I could tell. By just looking at you. It’s your eyes that are telling the truth. The moment I look at you, your eyes telling me that what they say are not true and I believe in your eyes.”

“You’re weird.”

I said almost chuckling. How could he? By my eyes? Isn’t that weird? I just smiled before sipping my juice and then roamed the place. I think there’s a purposed why I met him. Maybe for me to know that there are still people who I can trust. I should be positive, and meeting him is one way. I looked at my watch and it says six o’clock in the evening. I stood up that made him looks at me.

“Let’s go. You want to go the music club, right?”

He stood up and then took my hand. Look at him, as if he knows where we are going. I chuckled and then lead him to the music room. Lights are off, so Kyungsoo wasn’t inside for sure. I turned the knob and then entered the room with Myungsoo after me. I clicked the lights on and about to retort something but then I saw Kyungsoo lying on the floor. Panic kicks me, so I run to him. He’s pale and he looks so devastated. His eyes are close that made me gets nervous than ever.

“M-myungsoo! Help me. Oh my gosh!!”

I called out, tears almost running. Myungsoo looks so shock but still walks towards us. He signals me to keep calm as he tries to hear his heart beating. He was about to lean down to his chest when Kyungsoo opens his eyes. He sat up immediately that made their heads bumps onto each other. His eyes widened as he saw me beside him. Oh boy! I almost lost my life. What is he doing? I am worried to death. This guy, seriously.

“Arck! That hurts!”

The both of them whined. I blinked my eyes don’t know what to feel or what to react. So, he was just sleeping? And nothing happens to him? So, he’s okay? After all, he was okay. I release the air I am holding and then look at him. Why are you making me worried? Why are you like this? You keep on playing with my heart and I hate it.

“W-what are you doing here? On the floor?”

I asked looking at him. He glance at the guy next to the both of us and then to me. He’s really mesmerizing, despite the fact that he looks so pale and thinner that before.

“Are you with him?”

I nodded and then he pushed the boy away from him. Rude. Mean. Kyungsoo is really something.

“Why are you with him?”

“She’s touring me around. We want to go here but then we find you lying on the floor and that made her panicked.”

Myungsoo answered for me. I blush a little after hearing him explaining. Now, he knows that I panic when I saw him sleeping. He can just leave that information with two of us but then he tells him. Now, what? He smiled and then looks at the boy. His heart-shaped lips, ghad!

“What?”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo, I’m the transferee.”

He said extending his hand for a shake hands. Knowing Kyungsoo, he doesn’t like it so I have to nudge him just to accept it. He took his hand and then shook it for seconds before looking back at me. He stared at me and somewhat I felt a little scared. It looks like he stares to my soul.

“You go with me, now!”

He exclaimed standing up. Myungsoo and I stand up as well. Kyungsoo took my hand and then drags me away leaving Myungsoo behind. This guy is really rude.

“Yah!”

I whined trying to stop him from dragging me.

“Myungsoo! I’ll call you later! Sorry!”

I shouted knowing that Kyungsoo wouldn’t let go of my hand. Myungsoo smiled and waved at me, I waved back just when we turned to the corner. I tried to yank my hand back to me just for no good. Seriously, how can he be so strong? He just looked at me and then smirked. This handsome man doesn’t know when to stop.

“Yah! Where are you taking me?”

“I’m taking you home.”

He said laughing. I blushed but glared at him but then he just smiled. Can he just stop smiling? He looks so adorable for goodness sake. How can I stay mad at him if he’s this squishy?

“Bastard.”

I blurted that made him tightened his grip on me. It hurts, for real. Forcing me inside his car, he closed the door. We are now sitting at the back seat of his car. Him, looking at the tinted window while letting a sigh and me who is just sitting and staring in front of us. He looks back at me and then sent me a glare. What again? His eyes are so hypnotizing.

“I told you to wait for me but then you are flirting with the new boy!”

He exclaimed angrily. I snatched my hand back that he was still holding before sending back his glare. Now, it’s my fault? Who was the one who said wait for him but then the next day still flirting with his girlfriend? Definitely not me. It’s been him. He really has the guts to gets angry at me when he’s the one who isn’t fair between us? I really should just punch him the face to wake up.

“Excuse me, but I am not flirting.”

“Then what did you call that? You supposed to tour him not to call him. You already have his number huh?!”

He stated raising his voice.

“So what? He’s a friend. Why you care? It’s not like—“

“I supposed to care. ‘Cause you are my business, you are my girl. And mine alone.”

He said cutting me off pulling me into a deep kiss. With all my gathered strength, I pushed him away before opening the door and about to step out of the car, but then his strong arm stops me from doing so.

“ you! I am no longer yours. Is having one girl not enough for you? you Kyungsoo, you and your stupid head.”

I shouted with all of my anger.  

“ me then! me but you know what? I only have one girl in my life and it’s you! Why are you like this? Don’t you feel it? I love you for goodness sake. I am always watching you, threatening all the boys who tried to be with you. Don’t you know that? Are you numb?”

He countered that made me speechless. What did he just said?

“Listen because I won’t say it again.”

He started before taking a deep breath.

“I am in an arranged marriage with Minah but believe me I am already doing my best to call the wedding off. I am almost there, so will you please behave? Don’t get too close to that Kim Myungsoo or else I am going to break his neck.”

He continued threatening me. While I still try to comprehend his words, he extends his hand on me.

“So slow.”

He said pulling me close to him. He hugs me so tight. So, he was just fooling around? He’s pretending that he’s happy but he was actually not? So, he really loves me and not Minah?

“I love you.”

He whispered and kissed me on my temple. I felt him smile as I relax against him. My heart is beating fast and I also felt the butterflies. I am happy, for goodness sake. I am suffering not knowing that he is too. We are both suffering for being away from each other.

“Why don’t you tell me earlier?”

“Because that will make the situation harder for me. No more explanation please, let me just cherish this moment.”

He said pulling me for a tighter hug. This man, seriously he’s so sweet.

***

“You didn’t call me.”

I bowed my head and blurted a sorry as Myungsoo sat beside me. I forgot to call him since Kyungsoo took my phone saying no phone for the night. We spend the night at the park catching up. He told me that Minah’s mom is the one who is behind the arranged marriage and of course that’s because of Minah who is head-over-heels with him. He said that Minah insisted to be partnered with him and almost begged his mom. At first, Kyungsoo’s parents didn’t want it since they already know that Kyungsoo and I are together, but then with all the threatening they made them agree. Kyungsoo on the other hand also agreed for the sake of his parents and tries to play the game. Little by little, Minah’s parents’ company started to have a finance problem and of course that’s because of Kyungsoo who has an access underground. Kyungsoo asked Kris for help. Kris is the leader of a Chinese gang who works really well. His gang was called Wolf (That’s their group name in my other fanfiction. Fate: Byun Baekhyun. You can check it out but it is currently on hiatus with 42 chapters available)

Kris and the Wolf members are good when it comes to business. They offer Minah’s parents’ company some business proposal that will lead to bankruptcy. Kris and the rest of the wolf members will make their company’s income rose for about three months and after that losing of money will begin. The business that Minah’s parents’ company will start to face a problem like inside jobs and such that soon will lead to bankruptcy. That took him so long to deal with Minah, acting like everything is alright while the Wolf is the one who’s doing the job. After the bankruptcy, the wedding will be called off and the span of days that I needed to wait is about twenty-eight days or almost one month.

He tells me lots of things about it and I felt bad for Minah for the first time of my life. If it’s not for her greediness this will not turn out to this, she doesn’t deserve this but at some point she also does.

“I forgot, really. Sorry.”

I answered and then looked in front of us as the professor discussing the things about receivables. It’s uncomfortable, I felt like someone is staring at me. I tried to push it aside but then it was bothering me somehow. I looked around and saw no one looking at me until my eyes landed on Kyungsoo. He’s pouting but his eyes were glaring at the boy next to my seat. I chuckled and look away. I saw him look away too and then took something inside his bag. I just shrugged it off and then after a while I felt my phone buzzed. Looking at my phone, he just sent me a message. Do Kyungsoo, you are really something.

From: Do Kyungsoo

BEHAVE. Remember, I am going to rip his body into two and I will break his neck.

His message as it says. I smiled and then tap the reply button. Can he be more cute?

To: Do Kyungsoo

I know you won’t do it.

And then click the green button. I keep my phone back to my pocket and then went back from listening. It’s funny and I love it. He seemed to be so possessive and I am loving it. Every single thing about him is just too cute for me. Just then, I felt it buzzed again.

From: Do Kyungsoo

Try me!

I rolled my eyes and then tap the reply button.

To: Do Kyungsoo

I am doing nothing. I am just talking to him.

From: Do Kyungsoo

I know. Haha! Just behave, ‘kay?

To: Do Kyungsoo

Alright.

He didn’t reply afterwards. Finally, he knows how to back off.

“Tell him I won’t steal you away from him.”

Myungsoo whispered next to my ear. Close to me that is not pleasing to Kyungsoo’s eyes. Gosh, he’s teasing him. I looked at him and then push him a little away. Kim Myungsoo really knows how to mess with Kyungsoo. Sometimes, I find it really obvious that he’s trying to get into Kyungsoo’s nerve. And when I say it’s obvious, it really was.

“How d’you know?”

“Eyes, dear. I told you, I only believe on what eyes are saying.”

He simply said. Eyes, yes eyes again.

“You are weird.”

“So, are you? You both are weird. Your eyes telling me that you both love each other but I don’t get it why he’s with someone else.”

He said doubting whether to interfere with us or not.

“Long story bro~”

He just nodded and then went back to his business. I received another text from Kyungsoo that made me blush.

From: Do Kyungsoo

Too close, _____-ah! Too close. I promise to leave you hickeys later for him to know where to stand.

I looked at him and saw him smirked before leaning back to his seat. Oh boy!

***

I don’t have any class for today now and I am quite tired, yea I guess. I am walking along the hallway when suddenly a hand stops me.

“Who—“

“Hey, babe!”

“Kyungsoo-ah!”

I announced quite shocked. He smirked and about to drags me with him when suddenly another hand stops us. Why do people like stopping someone’s business now? Is this some kind of viral today?

“Where are you taking her? Aren’t you supposed to be with Minah, your girlfriend?”

“She’s my girl Myung.”

Kyungsoo countered. Wait, what? Myung? He called him Myung? So, he already gave him a nickname. Myungsoo on the other hand flinched after hearing Kyungsoo’s words. He simply raised his brow and smirked,

“Oh, I see. So you’re playing with two girls? Why don’t you give me one. I’ll take _____-ssi and you take Minah?”

Wow! They are talking about me while I am in front of them. Great, just great. Can they be a little bit sensitive? Like, hello? I am hearing you talking.

“Look, I am not in the mood to play with you. Let her go before I really break your neck.”

Kyungsoo said warning the boy. He looked so pissed. Myungsoo laughs really hard before letting go of my hand. What is wrong with this people? I really don’t get them. I mean, the environment between this two is so unpredictable.

“That’s funny bro! See you at 10, same place.”

“Alright.”

Kyungsoo said before we ditched the place. Wait? What’s really is happening here? Do they know each other? What’s with their conversation? It looks like they know each other for a long time now.

“Do you know him?”

“Who?”

“Don’t play dumb with me Kyungsoo.”

I said warning him. He knows me very well, he knows that I don’t like it when people are hiding something from me. It somewhat irritates me. I mean, I don’t like it when I feel so clueless.

“He’s Kai’s cousin. He grew up in Hong Kong and then visits here to have fun with the guys. And, he also knows our situation. He’s just playing with you. He loves to play.”

“I knew it. That’s why he didn’t believe them.”

I announced faster. So, that’s the reason. The eyes, my !

“But it also true that he believes on what he sees on someone eyes, it’s true but weird.”

“Eh? But I thought—nevermind, doesn’t matter.”

I answered and then walk besides him. I am thankful that there are just few students around and they didn’t bother to look who I am with considering he’s wearing a disguise. For me, wearing disguise made people feel curious. So, for me wearing disguise is a wrong decision but that doesn’t matter now. As long as we are together, I couldn’t care any less.

“What’s with the meeting at ten?”

“We decided to end the play earlier than what we’ve planned. I want to be with you soon. I can’t wait any longer.”

I nodded and then let him drag me to wherever he wants. I hope that whatever they will do won’t hurt anyone so bad. I know he’s trying to free himself from that damn arranged marriage but I hope he won’t hurt Minah that much. Yes, I hate her but I still have a heart. She is just a human who fell deeply in love with the wrong guy. Of course! Kyungsoo is mine, so she fell in love with the wrong guy.

“Don’t hurt her.”

I mumbled under my breath. Kyungsoo squeezed my hand and then smiled sweetly.

“If that’s what my princess wants, I won’t. I’ll just call the wedding off, is that enough?”

 I nodded.

“What about their company?”

“Let me think about that later. Let’s just date, okay?”

I smiled brightly and then dragged him somewhere I want to go. He smiled as he fastened his pace and then wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close to him. I hope this will end soon, I can’t wait to be with him again. It’s hard to hide but I guess this will worth the wait. Besides, I know he loves me.