Punches

Eight Minutes 'Til Liftoff

Rating: PG

High School AU
Taeyeon/Jessica

There are too many angsty Taengsic fics and since I've half a foot back on the bandwagon of kpop (#justice4fx #givesoshirest #justice4snsd) I thought I'd help remedy that.

 

 


Jessica Jung has never been good at sports. Her younger sister likes to joke that she inherited all the athletic genes while Jessica got all the lazy genes.

 
Perhaps Jessica couldn’t run a mile under 10 minutes unless she really tried or shoot a basketball with the ‘proper’ form but she sure could pack a hell of a punch.
 
Jessica Jung’s fearsome punch was how Jang Wooyoung found himself on his back on ground in the school parking lot.
 
There were gasps from all around as he had hit the ground.
 
“Aish.” Jessica hissed as she looked at the knuckle that caught Wooyoung’s jacket zipper as she punched him in the stomach. “That kind of hurt.” She shook her hand massaged her wrist.
 
They were flanked by some of the cheerleading team, the boy’s volleyball team, and Jessica’s friends. The school’s band of outcasts.
 
“Yah, Jessica Jung,” Ok Taecyeon helped Wooyoung up. “You didn’t have to do that.”
 
Jessica scoffed as she rubbed her bruised cheek. “Tell your teammate,” pointing at the dazed Wooyoung, “to never try to sneak up behind me again.”
 
Kim Taeyeon shook her head. “What are we going to do with you Jessica, you always get into fights.”
 
Jessica smirked as she brushed off her leather jacket and stretched her shoulders. Her friends high fiving each other at Jessica’s victory.
 
She sauntered over to Taeyeon, chuckling at how the cheerleaders behind the captain gathered closer together.
 
“Maybe I’ll stop fighting if you would finally go out with me.” She winked as her smirk grew wider.
 
She her heel and rejoined her friends, scuffed boots kicking one of them gently on shin as they moved to congratulate her with hugs and wolf whistles.
 
“Y-Yah!” Taeyeon stuttered as a few of the cheerleaders giggled.
 
“You gonna call her?” One of them nudged her.
 
“Yeah, she got in a fight with Jang Wooyoung for looking at you funny.” Another said.
 
“Aish,” Taeyeon threw her hands up. “Go away Yuri. It’s none of your business you guys.”
 
“Hey!” Jessica’s voice drew their attention. “Call me! Kim Taeyeon!” Jessica turned to give the cheerleaders one last glance before putting on her sunglasses and piling into a car.
 
“Ohhhhh.” The others cheered. “Taeyeon’s got a date.”