Love filled with sadness

Nerd Vs Cold

     "I'll stay if you give me another $50?" Emma replied. L nodded and gave her another $50. "Thanks. Who wouldn't want to stay in this house. Oh wait, mansion." 

     "My sweaty!! Look what grandma bought today..." Old madam said with excitement. "Oh you have a friend over. Well this is the first time. Especially a girl." Grandma said. "Oh madam, we just met. I just helped him with something today." 
     "Oh, that's good." She said. Grandma turned around and ran up to L. "Today I brought a puppy. Since your my only grandson and you never dated before, so I brought a puppy to play with me. You know you are about time to date and then get married. But you wear these clothes every day. No wonder no one approaches you." Grandma said while patting her dog. 
     "I don't mind." Emma interrupted. "I mean, I don't really care how people dress. All I know is that if they are a good person, I'm willing to be their friend." L gave a little smile and looked down. Grandma saw him and giggled. She got up and ran up to Emma. "So your willing to be his friend?" 
     "Of course." 
"That's great." 
"Mom. I'm back. The car had some problem." Madam said while waking in. "Oh Myungsoo your home too. And... You brought a girl." Madam said. She examined Emma and made a dislike face. "You brought an underclass girl." 
     "Mom. You can't be so mean. She may not be rich but she is very nice. She have a kind heart." 
     "Kind? How long have you met this girl? 3 years? How do you know she has a kind heart?" 
     "Ma'm, I know you don't like me because of my background but I know, you can't judge someone by it's appearance." Emma said with an angry face. She finished and left the mansion. "Wait!" L shouted. Emma ran out and L followed her. "Wait!" L grabbed Emma by the arm. He released her immediately when he saw her looking at him. "Sorry. Don't leave. My mom didn't mean it." 
     "Why are you so brave or very courageous right now? What about the guy from today?" Emma said. "Why would you ask that?" L replied. "Because you always want me to stay. You used so many reason to make me stay." Emma thought for a moment. "Do you... Like me? I never seen someone fall in love at first sight." 
     "I don't know. If your going to leave, can I have your phone number and your name?" Emma hesitated. She took out her notebook and wrote down her phone number. "This is my phone number. And my name is Emma Park. My Korean name is Park Jiyeon. I heard your grandma call you Myungsoo. So I guess your name Myungsoo." Emma ripped the paper out of her notebook and handed to L. "You can call me..." He fixed his glasses. "L. My mom said that it's better if I use L. It's short and easy."  
     "Oh ok. But I still have to say. After today I don't think we're going to meet again. But your mom needs to know that not everyone is the same. She can't always judge by peoples appearance. I'm going to leave now. Bye!!" 
      "Ok. Bye." Emma rode his bike and waved at L. Myungsoo walked inside like nerd and smiled. Emma rode her bike towards the store, smiling happily. 
     "Son, why are you not at school today?" Madam said. "Did something happen? Did David bully you again? He beat you up didn't he? Last time I told you if he beat you up again, I'm going to announce to the school that you are my son and no one should bully you." She got up and looked at L in the eyes. L could see her watery eyes but he looked down anyways. "I know. But I don't want friends who only wants money. Or because I'm the principles son so they have to my friend." 
     "Even if they are your friend, at least they're not going to bully you." Her voice started to raise. "Do what ever you want. Schools about to end anyways. And prom is about to come. I've decided I want to bring Emma. I like her." L explained. "I think she's the one.  No ones ever been so nice to me before. And she understands me." 
     "How you know she understands you? You guys just met." L ignored her and went upstairs to his room. It took a lot of courage for him to stood up for himself. But he done so anyways. "This is the first time I ignored my mom."
     "Assistant Chao, go and find out who that girl is. I want to know more of her background. I heard him say, 'Emma'." Madam said. "What about her last name?" He asked. "Just search all the people who is Korean and is name Emma." She finished and walked towards her mother. "You really have to do that? I think that girl is fine." Grandma said. "That's what you think, I don't think so. If one day Myungsoo and that girl really be together, Myungsoo will definitely get hurt." 

     Emma parked her bike in front of the store and ran inside. "Hello boss!" Emma shouted. "I sold all 50 bentos. Here's $400." Emma took out the money and gave them to her boss. "You sold 50 bentos in 3 hours?" Boss looked very surprised and looked at Emma with big eyes. 
     "I met someone today and he brought them all. So I got $400 from him." 
     "Him?? You met a guy today? Selling all of them to one person only takes you 3 minutes. How come it took you 3 hours?" Boss asked. "It's private. I'm going now. I have go home and take care of my mom. Bye." Emma waved at her boss and left the store. She rode her bike back home and locked it out side her house. She took out her keys and opened her door. "Mom I'm home!" Emma shouted.
     "Emma, welcome back. I made your favorite shrimp soup. Come sit down and eat. This might be your last." Emma's mother said.  "Mommy, you shouldn't over work yourself. You should rest more. And in the future, when you get better, you'll always make me shrimp soup." Emma's mother gave a fake smile. 
     "I'm fine. It only took me 30 minutes to cook this anyways. I'll be fine. How come your home early today?" 
     "I sold 75 bentos. I think in 4 hours. So left early." Emma hesitated before she spoken again. "Mom I have to tell you something. Today I met a guy. He asked me for his phone number. I don't know why, when I gave him my phone number, my heart was pounding very fast. Can you tell me why?" Emma said while eating her shrimp. 
     "I think your in love. I think it's at first sight. Especially when you said you just met him. I have to tell you, love at first sight is very rare. Most of the time, they are the ones who love each other more deeply than the ones who slowly fall in love with each other. If he also like you at first sight, you guys are destined to be together. If not, you have to depend on time." 
     "I don't think so. He's a rich person. We're from a completely different class. You don't know, his mother is the owner of Princeton University and his father owns an advertisement company. The weird thing is, he's the schools nerd and coward. Many people bully him. I think all he's lacking is courage. But when he talk to me, he seems to have a lot of courage." Emma said. 
     "How come you know so much about him? Did he tell you?"  Her mother asked. "He told me about the school stuff, I heard the nerd and coward part from the person who always bully him, and the lacking courage is from my thoughst." Emma said. "Oh also he brought me to his house today. It's very big, like a mansion."
     Emma's mom made her eyes wide open. "He brought you to his house? Did he do anything to you?" He said while examining Emma. "He didn't do anything to me. I took him home because he was hurt. Also he's a nerd, obviously he wouldn't do anything to me." Emma said. She ate all the shrimps and started to drink the soup. "I think he likes you. Think about it, who would bring a stranger to their house? Why would he ask you for your phone number if he doesn't like you? Those things are basic evidence that someone likes you." Emma's mother said.
     "How you know he likes me? Don't tell me you saw it in Korean and Taiwan dramas. I'm telling you, they're all fake. It's made up." Emma said. "Some movies are based on real life relationship. People learn from them sometimes." Emma's mother said. She got up and went to her room leaving Emma drinking the soup by herself and thinking about what her mother said. "She has a point." She said quietly. Emma finally finished her soup. 
     Her phone rang and she looked at it. Someone she hadn't add to her contact had messaged her. She knew who it was. 

     -Hello!! It's me, Kim Myungsoo (L). You remember me from today right?-
               -Yeah I remember. Wait a second. I have to add your phone number to my contacts.-
     -Ok. I'll wait for your text.-

Emma added L into her contacts but was too nervous to reply. So she only wrote...

               -I'm back.-
     -Cool.-
               -So... Why you text me?-
     -I don't know. Want to talk to someone and the first person who came into my mind is you.-
                -That's good. I think I'm one of your important friend now. Do you want to call me? I think it's better.- 

Myungsoo didn't reply. He called Emma right away. Emma was very nervous. "He... He... Hello." L said. He fixed his glasses and laid down on his bed. "Hello. Is your mom ok? I think I mad her very mad today." Emma replied. "My mother is fine, I'm just worried about tomorrow. She said she's going to tell the whole school that I'm her son." L explained. "That's a good thing. The school should know that you are a rich person. Maybe they could bully you less. Or maybe never bully you again." Emma said. "But I'll have a lot of fake friends. I know people are going to encounter me because of my background. The only reason why I don't want to tell them is because I want to know if their is some one like me in this world. Who doesn't care about my background. Who only cares about me." 
     "So did you find that person...?" L was about to answer her question, when he heard a loud bang through the phone. Emma set her phone down on the table and ran towards her mothers room. She opened the door and found her mother lying on the floor. "OMMA!!!" She shouted. She shook her but her mother couldn't wake up. She ran to get her phone and ended L's call. She called the hospital. 20 minutes later, the ambulance finally came. 

     "Why did she hang my call? Did something happen? I guess I'll call her again later." L said. 

At the hospital, Emma's mother went to the emergency room. Emma waited outside. She was very worried and thinking about all the bad things that happened to her life. The emergency room door opened and the doctor came out. "Are you Emma Park?" He asked. "Yes I am, what happen to my mom is she ok?"
     "Your mother got Tuberculosis. In short it's called TB. TB is a contagious bacterial infection that involved the lungs. It could spread to other organs. In your mothers case, both lungs are affected and half way to its heart. I'm sorry." The doctor said. "How come last time you said she was fine?" Emma asked. The doctor sighed. "The last time you came check, your mothers lungs was both affected. There was no hope. She didn't want me to tell you because she know you will over work yourself, and she don't want you to worry. I'm sorry." 
     "I thought TB could easily affect other people. How come I'm not affected?" Emma asked.
     "Some people's body rejects certain disease. Maybe your one of them." The doctor said. "Can I go see her?" Emma asked slowly. "Yeah sure." Emma went inside the emergency room to her mother. She knelt beside her and cried. "Omma why didn't you tell me!! WHY!!!" Emma cried. "Don't... Cry..." She breathed hardly. "When I die, I'll be an angel and stay besides you. I'll always protect you." 
     "Don't!! Don't say that. Your not
going to die. I won't let you die. Your not going to die." She repeated over and over. "Don't cry." They held each other's hand and cried. "I want you to fulfill two of my wishes. One... Find your true love. Be happy. Two...  When I die, place me next to your father. I want to be next him." 
     "No!! OMMA!! You won't die. There could be a way. Please just don't die." She said. "I'm sorry. Mother can't always be by your side." Emma's mother struggled to talk but still finished her last words. "Promise me you'll fulfill my wishes." They were about to pinky promise but Emma's mother fell in a very deep sleep. "OMMA!?!" She shouted. "OMMA!!! OMMA!! OMMA!! You can't die. Doctor!! Save my mother!! Please. Just save her. Please!!" She cried out loud. Emma fell onto the hound and cried even harder. The doctor checked Emma's mother. At the end they nodded and left the room. 
     
     "Should I call her now?" L hesitated while looking at his phone. "I think I should call her tomorrow." He set his phone next his bed. "Good night to myself." He took off his glasses, placed it next to his phone, and turned off his light. 

(Next day)

Emma kneeling down in front of her mothers stone. "I did what you asked. I put you next to my father... Your love." She said. 

     "Madam. I found some background about Emma. Her last name is Park and Korean name is Park Jiyeon. I've talked to some of her neighbors. They said they only moved in for 1 year. Oh also they said today is her mothers funeral. And these are the reports of her father." Assistant Chao gave madam a folder filled with information about Emma's father. "So she used to be rich. But her father own others money. Have someone like this as Myungsoo's love, is a bad idea." Madam said. Assistant Chao didn't reply. 

     ~Omma, how can you leave me alone? What am I suppose to do with out you?~ Emma thought. Emma was looking around in her mothers room. All the happy and sad memories rushing up to her thoughts. She picked up a picture of her and her mother and hugged it tightly in her arms. She was about to sit down on the bed when her phone rang. She picked up her phone and answer the call. "Hello?" She said. "Hello. It's Myungsoo. Sorry I didn't call you yesterday." 
     Emma didn't answer. She was crying and trying to forget about the things that happened the day before. "Hello? Why are you not answering me? Are you ok?" L asked. "I'm fine. I have something to do. I'll call you later." Emma said. She hanged up and started crying. 

     "What happen to her?" L said to himself. "I'll just check her phone signal. But wouldn't that make me a stalker? Oh what ever. Don't care about it anymore." L used his phone and started to search for Emma. His phone made a beep. "Found it!" He shouted. He wrote down the address and left his house. L got to his destination and fixed himself. He rang the first door bell but nobody answered so he pressed the second door bell. He took deep breath and fixed himself again. 

     Emma got up slowly and walked down the stairs. She opened the door slowly and saw L outside. She opened the door and let him in without even asking him how he found out where she lived. "Are you surprised?" He asked then stopped. "Were you crying? What happened?" 
     Emma looked at him with very watery eyes. All of a sudden, she hugged him. L looked very surprised but some how he liked it. "I'm alone. I'm all alone. Why do every one I love have to leave me? My mother. My father. I'm all alone. Why.. WHY!!" Emma cried out loud. L hugged back and held her very tight. "You still have me. I will protect you..." He hesitated. "If I can. Your not alone. You still have me." 
     "But I'm still alone. I'm an orphan. No mother no father. What did I do to god to make hate me so much!?!" She shouted. "Just because you don't have your parents doesn't mean god dislike you. Maybe it's a sign of a new beginning. Also, if your mom and dad was still here, they wouldn't want to see you cry. So you have to be brave. Their still watching you. Their always by your side. Like angels." Emma let go of L and thought for a moment. "Your right if my mom and dad see me like this they would be very upset. I'm going to be strong. I won't let my parents down." Emma wiped her tears and looked up. "Thank you." She said. Then she made a weird face. "How do you know I live here?" Emma asked. 
     "I don't. I used your 'find my iPhone' and found where your phone is. At the end, I found this place." L explained. "You found me by my phone? Then, lots of people could find me. That's not good." Emma worried. "Don't worry. Only people you have on your contacts could find you. If you don't have them, you can't be found." 
     "Oh. Then why are you here?" Emma asked. "I thought something happened to you, so I came over to check." L said. "Can I go upstairs?" He asked while pointing up the stairs. "Sure. Come in." They walked up and sat on the sofa. "Are you going to live here by yourself?" 
     "I guess. I have to hand in my payment tomorrow. I might move out." Emma said. "Move out? Where are you going?" L asked. "I don't know. Maybe back to California to find my step-father. But I don't want to. I don't like him." 
     "If you don't like him, then don't go to him." L suggested. "Then what do you want me to do?" She asked. "You could stay in my house for awhile." He suggested. "Your house? I don't think your mom is going to let me. I made her very mad the last time I saw her." 
     "You could be one of my maids. Our rule is, meals for free and shelter. And you get $2500 a week." Emma's mouth opened very wide and then made a big swallow. 
     ~Living in a mansion, don't have to see your ugly step-father, get paid in the thousands, and I could see L everyday.~ "Ok. I'll be a maid. Do I get a single room? I don't like to share with other people." Emma suggested. 
     "Each maid get their own room." L said while fixing his glasses and gave a little smile. "Really!! When do I start?" Emma asked. "Tomorrow if you don't mind." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Well not really enjoy. It's kinda upsetting how Emma's mother died. But I do like the part where Jiyeon and Myungsoo hug. Anyways, please comment and subscribe.