Chapter 17. Report

Dark of the Moon

Junhong led Youngjae to a part of the library where no one was sitting, and they got right into their books. There were a bunch of girls, studying together in the library while speaking quickly in hushed voices, but other than that, no one else was around. 

“So math first?” Youngjae asked him, taking out the heaviest book and flipping to the lesson that they were learning. 

“Sure.” Junhong said, he didn’t really need to study, he didn’t even need to pass this class. Once he was done here, then he was gone. But he needed Youngjae to start talking. 

“Okay, so you use this formula to do this…” Youngjae started to explain to him and Junhong tuned most of it out, he was waiting for the perfect opening to interject his real questions. But he also tried to overhear the girls muttering to themselves the next table over.  

“Do you get it?” Youngjae asked him after his explanation and Junhong gave him a warm smile.  

“Yeah, by the way, does Haeri have a lot of admirers?” He said, slipping the question in there. He noticed the distaste on Youngjae’s face right away, but the guy wasn’t about to deny answers. 

“Yes, that’s why you shouldn’t like her. It’s not worth it, besides she dumps all the guys every day because she needs someone better.” Youngjae said to him. “Someone that matches up to her intellect and status.”  

Junhong rolled his eyes, he knew exactly where this guy was going with this. It wasn’t the first time he had seen something like this, many guys were in love with a woman of the night, and displayed the same characteristics. “I don’t like her, but do you know if she has a boyfriend? Could that be why she’s dumping the guys?” He asked. 

Youngjae frowned, “Where did you hear that? No, she’s not allowed to have a boyfriend, she is too busy studying for that kind of free time.” He told him. “The girls better not be spreading the rumor that Haeri has a boyfriend, that’s just nonsense.”  

“Oh yeah, why do all the girls hate Haeri?” Junhong asked him, this one he was genuinely curious about. If Haeri wasn’t taking the guys away, then why would girls be so angry for? It didn’t make any sense to him, if there was no competition then you could get what you wanted, in his mind. 

Youngjae threw Junhong a look, “Are you serious?” He asked aloud, his tone matching the look on his face. “Just because Haeri rejects the guys doesn’t mean they give up, they only have eyes for her. Only having eyes for her means other girls don’t get a chance to be with the guys they have a crush on. And even though Haeri rejects them like no tomorrow, they never find a rebound.”  

“Girls are weird.” Junhong said.  

Youngjae scoffed at him, “I think you mean to say guys are weird. After all, who else would keep trying after being rejected over and over again?” He said, going over the math problem once more. 

Junhong felt the vibrating of his phone and immediately left the room to get it, he moved to a different corner of the library to avoid being seen by the librarian and answered it. “Hello?”  

“Hey, got any updates for me?” He asked. 

Junhong looked around before answering in a low, hushed voice, “I’m not sure if they’re even together, hyung.” He said. 

“What?” His hyung replied, “Then why does he insist she’s his? He always protects her on the streets. Chang Guk saw her in the streets last night but she disappeared in an instant.”  

“Maybe he just protects her because he feels bad. But they don’t even interact in school. Or maybe they’re long lost siblings and no one else knows yet.” Junhong said, theorizing the possibilities, granted he didn’t believe any of them. “But they’re weird at school anyway.” He said. 

“What do you mean?” His hyung asked.  

“Well at school, they mostly ignore each other.” Junhong said, “She’s the top of the class and he’s at the bottom.” He heard voices and immediately stopped talking. 

“Zelo?”  

The girls ignored him in the corner and continued talking to each other, “Did you see Haeri today? She sat next to JongUp like nothing. He doesn’t let anyone sit by him, why does she get to sit by him at lunch?”  

“He’s always sleeping at lunch, he probably doesn’t even know she’s sitting there, but you know no one wants to sit by him if he’s not going to talk to them.”  

“You know she’s tutoring him too? She better not be making on moves, JongUp is too good for that.” They whispered to each other. 

“Don’t you mean she’s too goody-two-shoes and he’s not?” The other girl replied as they walked away.  

Junhong frowned before bringing the phone back to his ear. “Sorry, hyung. I almost got busted.”  

“Don’t. You have a job to do.” He told him. 

“Well anyway, they’re both good-looking, but they don’t talk. Girls like him, guys like her, girls hate her since guys like her. But it’s more than that. It’s weird, people are weird, hyung.” Junhong said. 

“Get to the point, Zelo. We can’t talk for long.” He said. 

“Well, she apparently sits by him at lunch but they don’t say anything, he sleeps and she sits there eating. After school, he’s gone before her every day but one day. She dashes out of the classroom as soon as the bell rings, sometimes.” Junhong reported. “But either way, that’s all I could get right now.”  

“Good work, I’ll take care of it.” His hyung replied, “Once the plan is in place, your job is done.”  

“Okay, but also there’s this guy we could use if we need to put the plan into action. He’s in love with her and he thinks she only deserves to be with him.” Junhong said. 

“Good, we can use that. Make sure that Moon comes to me in the end.” His hyung said and Junhong hung up the phone and went back to Youngjae at the table. 

“Okay, let’s just go over English and then we can go home.” Junhong said, trying his best to earn the trust of this guy. He would be useful to him in the future. 


Author's Note;;
hey hey~ :) enjoy :D
and maybe i'll keep writing :3