So pretty

That which only exist in our minds

As they made their way to Jong Kook's car, Jihyo started feeling rather apprehensive. Sure, Jong Kook oppa had kissed her till her toes were curling, and he definitely looked like he had enjoyed it immensely, but that didn't necessarily signify that he feels anything special for her. If he had liked her, surely he could have given her clear signals way before today? Jihyo gnawed on her lip, her level of anxiety creeping up.

"Jihyo yah, where shall we go now?" It was a question that he'd asked of her often enough in the last 4 years, but his tone was different. It was more tender and somehow... intimate. And he was looking at her as if he only had eyes for her. Suddenly reassured, she answered shyly,"Anywhere you decide, oppa".

Jong Kook considered for a moment and drove off. Silence ensued as both of them didn't know what to say to each other, after that huge and disorientating leap forward in their relationship with the sweet and hot kisses they just shared in the room. They had many things to ask of and say to each other, but the place and timing had to be right. As a bid to break the awkward silence, Jong Kook asked if she wanted some music and the player.

It was his own album 'Men are all like that'. "Ah oppa, I didnt know you only like listening to your own songs!" she teased.

"No... I just... its a habit of mine to listen to my older songs when I am preparing a new album. So that I can get some inspiration for what kind of music I wanna make..." He was somewhat embarassed by her teasing.

"Daebak!" She didn't know that he had been preparing for a new album. She was going to ask him more about it when the song 'So pretty' came on.

"I... wrote the lyrics to this song and sang it with you in mind". He wondered where that came from, but the moment he said it, he realised that was the truth. It was the first time that he had admitted that fact to anyone, including himself. He felt his cheeks heating up but reckoned it wouldnt be visible when its so dark in the car. 

"Oppa..." her heart warmed and she felt as if she was melting into a puddle. She marvelled at the fact that this man beside her always manages to touch her heart with sweet words and gestures, something no one else, including her previous boyfriends, can accomplish.


 

Author's note: sorry for the short update as Im currently v busy and also lacking inspiration on how to continue the story. I may convert this into a collection of short stories instead. Thanks for reading so far!!