3/3

The Art of Falling In Love

“My parents love me,” Baekyun says as he follows Chanyeol into the house. The taller turns back and looks at him, stunned by the outburst – or maybe by the resentment in Baekhyun’s voice. “They love me. I don’t need your pity.”

And it’s true. Baekhyun knows it. Knows that deep down he is loved, he is cared for…but with a whirlwind love like his parents’, sometimes he does wonder if there is room for him. They are like a storm sweeping through, so powerful and so sure, so entangled around each other. They spin and spin and spin – sometimes he does feel like he can’t run fast enough to catch the storm.

 “I know, Baek,” Chanyeol replies gently. “I know. But - ”

But the house is empty. But no one is here to greet him.

This would never happen at Chanyeol’s house, Baekhyun is sure. The ordinary parents who fight over leftovers in the fridge, they would be home for their son.

 

.

 

 True to their words, his parents hurry home the next morning. They greet Baekhyun with all of the hugs and embraces for as long as he’d endure them.

“Ah! Who is your friend?” His mom asks when she finally pulled away.

“This is Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says.

“Nice to meet you,” Mrs. Byun beams at him. “Are you boys hungry? Let’s go out to breakfast.”

Breakfast is at a small bistro near home. His parents ask all of the usual questions and it’s just like any other time. Except Baekhyun can’t shake the weight of Chanyeol’s look of pity when they had walked through the door the night before. He pretends to not notice how long it takes his parents to reply back to him, because they would get side-tracked by each other.

Chanyeol fills in the gaps between Baekhyun’s quiet murmurs and his parents’ moments. He talks about his music, about Baekhyun’s friends. He makes Baekhyun’s mom laughs. Baekhyun is left to marvel, again, at Chanyeol’s ease around people.

He wonders why Chanyeol chooses to be by himself when he so clearly gets along with everyone. He wonders who else Chanyeol has charmed with his deep voice and boyish smile. Mostly, Baekhyun wonders what it would be like – to sit and get lost in Chanyeol’s eyes while someone else watches on with envy.

Baekhyun stops. No. This is…this is not at all what he had intended. He wanted to show Chanyeol what it was like – to love so completely, so deeply…it wasn’t in the plan to fall for Chanyeol, too.

 

.

 

Truthfully Baekhyun has fallen so many times. Sometimes in a flash – bright and beautiful; sometimes in the lull of the night, with slow smiles and soft brushes of the lips. But this time it’s different. Something is different. Chanyeol is different.

Chanyeol didn’t give him that instant flash of heat, warmth that coiled deep in his gut. With Chanyeol, it is so different – the warmth is everywhere; it spreads and spreads and cocoons Baekhyun until he can’t breathe.

Even now, as they sit side by side on the bus to go back to Seoul, Baekhyun can’t shake the weirdness off.

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol speaks up as they pass by the sign welcoming them back to the city. “Your parents clearly love you. And I understand a bit better now – it’s the way they look at each other, like they are caught in the moment and everything fades.”

“No,” Baekhyun sighs, “I am sorry. Everything does fade, sometimes even me.” He shakes his head when Chanyeol opens his mouth to protest. “Stop. I am okay, it’s not something I resent them for. I think it’s beautiful. And I know they love me.”

“But it gets lonely,” it’s not a question, “I mean, you are an only child.”

“It does,” Baekhyun admits. “Yeah.”

“So then your books…”

Baekhyun chuckles, “I always tell myself it’s not because I am lonely. I just enjoy the stories. But…I think, I was wrong. I think…part of it is because I am, I mean who knows, and maybe I am just like those lonely housewives.”

“You don’t have to be,” Chanyeol intertwines their fingers together. “I’m right next door.”

And it sounds like a promise. Baekhyun’s heart clenches.

 

.

 

Nothing big happens. Usually this is the point when Baekhyun would indulge himself in some big confessions. With his previous exes, there had been such grand gestures; so many planned events. They had gone all of the extra miles that Baekhyun had subtly asked for. But this time, he doesn’t ask. He can’t bring himself to even hope for something more.

“It’s because you really like him,” Luhan says quietly.

“I’ve liked my previous boyfriends!” Baekhyun retorts with a snort. Hadn’t he? Hadn’t there been love?

Luhan studies him for a long moment, “What did you do after your last break up?”

“Hmm,” Baekhyn hums, thinking. “I got mad at my furniture and took it out on my poor couch.”

“And then?”

“And then I…introduced Jongin to Kyungsoo,” He finishes, “Well, I couldn’t help it! They looked so cute together.”

“That’s what I’m saying, Baek. You fall in and out so fast. One moment you’re cursing Jongin to Hell and the next you’re introducing him to your good friend.” Luhan throws up his arms for emphasis.

“So?”

“So. Can you imagine introducing Chanyeol to someone else, to me?”

Baekhyun clenches his jaw, because no, he doesn’t want to think of Luhan and Chanyeol together.

“Exactly,” Luhan chuckles. “It’s more real this time, it’s not just some boy you fall in love with for whatever artificial reasons. It’s Chanyeol. And it’s scary.”

 

.

 

It’s Saturday night again. This time Baekhyun calls up Luhan and Jongdae. It has been forever since he has gone out. Luhan arrives with Kris in tow, which is not really that surprising. What Luhan wants, Luhan gets. Baekhyun shrugs on his jacket just as Chanyeol arrives.

“He knows your passcode?” Jongdae asks, “And he didn’t even have to sleep with you?”

Baekhyun glares at him, “We are neighbors! It’s practical. What if I was choking or something?”

“Whatever. Hey Chanyeol,” Jongdae finally greets.

“Uh, hey. Baek, I need to ask you something.”

“Uh, sure.” Baekhyun says, grabbing his jacket. “What’s up?”

“We’re just about to head out,” Luhan pipes, “You going, Chanyeol?”

“Well…”

At Chanyeol’s hesitation, Baekhyun gives him a small smile, “You don’t have to.”

Kris gives his friend a weird look, “Just meet up with us later.”

Maybe this is it. Maybe Kris knows something. Maybe Baekhyun hadn’t gotten his hopes up for nothing. He grins, nodding, “Yeah. Did you need something?” And it’s all there – he is so excited because finally….just finally!

But Chanyeol just looks at him, chuckling sheepishly, “Ah….I just needed some cooking oil.”

And of course Chanyeol does.

 

.

 

Baekhyun realizes belatedly after eight soju shots that he really, really hates drinking. In fact, he doesn’t even remember the last time he has had this many. The world is beautiful, fuzzy around the edges; there were a swirl of colors and people…and someone is standing a bit too close.

He giggles, feeling warm palms slightly pinching his waist. It’s all wrong, the hands are all wrong, but Baekhyun’s body is too sluggish to protest. The smile is charming, perfect teeth flashing, but it’s all wrong. The guy leans in, in, in, until Baekhyun could count the freckles on his face. It’s all so wrong, but Baekhyun doesn’t care because the right person would never go for him. The right person just wants cooking oil.

Baekhyun gasps, feeling tongue running along his teeth. And it’s all so wrong.

 

.

 

Waking up the day after has never been that bad, until now – but then again, Baekhyun had never woken up next to the toilet before. His mouth feels fuzzy and his body hurts everywhere. Baekhyun pushes himself up and into the shower.

By the time he gets out, he feels a million times better. There’s a slight knock on the door. Baekhyun wraps a towel around his waist and shuffles to the door, wet bangs falling over his eyes. It’s really time for a haircut.

“Morning!” Chanyeol says, hand holding a bag of something. “I got soup. Luhan told me how much you drank last night.”

“Oh, thanks,” Baekhyun grins, ruffling his wet hair. “Yeah I did have a lot to drink,” He leads the way to the kitchen, “I don’t know why.” Baekhyun’s rambles on about his night but stops when he realizes Chanyeol isn’t really responding.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun turns around and finds Chanyeol by the entrance, leaning against the doorframe. There’s a weird look in Chanyeol’s eyes, a weird tension in his stance. “Are you okay?”

“Erm,” Chanyeol laughs, “You have a sassy walk. In a towel.”

“Oh my God!” It hasn’t even occurred to him. Baekhyun flashes hot and cold at the same time. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine, I didn’t mind the view.”

“.” And just like that, things are okay. It should be awkward but it’s not – nothing has ever been weird with Chanyeol. He is standing in his kitchen with no clothes on, with the guy he is pretty sure he is in love with, who doesn’t seem to return the feeling….and it should be awkward but it’s not.

Baekhyun gives Chanyeol a sheepish smile and heads to his room. And he almost has a heart attack when his bed moves. Or, at least the lump on his bed moves. Since when was there…oh jeez.

“Baek? You want me to heat – what is that?”

“Erm.”

“Baek, did you…last night?”

The lump moves again. Baekhyun almost has a heart attack because he doesn’t – can’t – remember what happened. And he certainly does not want Chanyeol to stand there and witness some one night stand…well, the morning after of a one night stand.

What had happened? There was a guy…and some kissing…and maybe it got a little heated?

“Does your friend want some soup?” Chanyeol murmurs and Baekhyun realizes how close they are, Chanyeol standing right behind him, hands on his shoulders. It’s suddenly too much, Chanyeol is too close and he is too bare, the heat seeps and spreads throughout his body and, oh God, Baekhyun, this is not the time!

And suddenly, suddenly, the lump rises. “Morning.”

“Hello,” Baekhyun swallows. “I’m Baekhyun.”

“Jonghyun. And who is that freakishly tall hottie behind you?”

“Chanyeol.” And Baekhyun shivers because Chanyeol’s chest rumbles when he speaks. “I brought soup.”

“Thanks, you have a very nice boyfriend.” Jonghyun directs this at Chanyeol, “He lets me stay the night, but nothing happened -  I swear. He fell asleep in the bathroom.”

“It’s true! I woke up next to the toilet!” Baekhyun hears himself speaking up, then realizes what Jonghyun had said and, “We are not together!”

“Oh, my bad. Is it okay if I take a shower?” Jonghyun gets up, fully clothed – Baekhyun breathes out a sigh of relief – and heads towards the bathroom. “Baekhyun?”

“Oh, yeah, yeah. Please. Use anything you need.”

Jonghyun ruffles his hair as he passes, “Thanks.”

Chanyeol chuckles, arms coming to wrap around Baehyun’s chest, “My boyfriend is the best.”

“Don’t hug me, I’m !”

 

.

 

Breakfast – lunch? – is a good time. Jonghyun is funny, and helps fill in gaps about the night before. Apparently Baekhyun had been very friendly, very…friendly.

“I’m surprised nothing happened,” Chanyeol says.

“Well, he kept going on about some guy,” Jonghyun mock sighs, “Broke my heart.”

“Our Baekhyun is a heart-breaker,” Chanyeol replies, nodding grimly.

Baekhyun huffs, “Shut it, both of you.” Mostly aiming this at Jongyun because he doesn’t really want the other guy to go on about Baekhyun’s ramblings about “some guy.”

Chanyeol grins, looking straight at Baekhyun. That weird something in his eyes, the weird look from the kitchen, is back. Baekhyun feels something fluttering in his chest. And it’s scary.

“Not together, huh?” Jonghyun scoffs.

But Baekhyun’s not really listening anymore.

 

.

 

After Jonghyun leaves, Baekhyun and Chanyeol settle down to watch a movie. It starts slow at first, then quickly snowballs into something more. Baekhyun braces himself as another sneeze racks his body. Poor Sarang jumps every time; she finally gives up on napping next to him and gives Baekhyun a dirty look before she leaves him, presumably to some place quieter.

“Traitor,” He mumbles. “Just like Jongin.”

“Jongin?”

“My ex. Kyungsoo’s dating him now.”

Except it isn’t fair because Jongin is so dear. As far as exes go, Jongin is probably the best Baekhyun has ever had.

Baekhyun closes his eyes are moment and thinks he must have fallen asleep when he hears someone call out for him. A cold hand gently feels his face, Baekhyun leans into the wide palm, a calloused thumb his cheek.

Baekhyun’s eyes snap open, “Chanyeol.”

“Hi,” Chanyeol smiles slowly. “You look like crap.”

“I feel ten times worse. I think I’m coming down with something.”

“Poor Baek,” Chanyeol chuckles. “Maybe you shouldn’t run around all .”

“I wasn’t running around all .”

Chanyeol scoffs, “That’s not what I saw. Anyway, do you need anything?””

“Hm, no. Just…stay, please.”

It’s quiet in the room except for Baekhyun’s sniffles. And it’s the way Chanyeol looks at him, that quiet contemplative gaze…the same gaze in his kitchen from before.

“Of course, anything you need.”

And it feels so nice. So nice to have Chanyeol’s fingers interlaced with his, so nice to be able to lean into Chanyeol’s space.

“I…” Baekhyun says hoarsely. “Don’t be too nice to me.”

“Why?”

Because I am falling so fast and it hurts.

Chanyeol shifts so they can lay down on the couch, Baekhyun curls into his side. “I could never not be nice to you.”

The pain starts slow, at this finger tips, traveling up his arm and into his heart. Baekhyun wonders if a heartbreak is the same as having a heart attack. He wonders if he is allowed to be so sad when Chanyeol is so close. He wonders…a lot of things until he has to take his hand back; unable to give Chanyeol an explanation as to why, so he just smiles and shrugs, trying to shift further away.

 

.

 

It takes Baekhyun two excruciating weeks to get better. He blames his weak immune system. Chanyeol is there every night, tucking Baekhyun in, making sure he eats properly, helping him with school work and even reading romance novels aloud. The stories are so much better with Chanyeol’s narration and Baekhyun flushes at some of the racy parts because…Chanyeol’s voice gets a notch deeper, and Baekhyun feels his toes curl.

He fidgets, pulling the blanket up to his chin, “You’re a good voice narrator.”

Chanyeol is leaning against Baekhyun’s bedboard, on top of the blanket. He puts the book down, “Thanks. You want to nap?”

“Mmhmm.”

Baekhyun is so comfortable. Warm and comfortable.

“Thanks for being so nice to me,” Baekhyun says, eyes are so already closing. I love you.

 

.

 

Luhan eventually shows up, with a mask.

“You’re a bad friend.” Baekhyun glares from his place on the couch. “I’m not even sick anymore.”

“Then come out with us tonight!”

“It’s not Saturday.”

“Well, Chanyeol’s free tonight,” Luhan says, bouncing over to sit next to Baekhyun. “And Kris is throwing a party! We’re invited.”

“Oh, Chanyeol didn’t tell me about a party.”

“It’s last minute, we all planned it just now.”

“You guys hang out…without me?” Baekhyun gapes. Then realizes the absurdity of this statement, because…of course they do.

“Yes? Chanyeol said you were getting over something and none of us were to bother you,” Luhan looks grumpy, annoyed, even crosses his arms. “But he finally gave the greenlight! Which, by the way, I don’t appreciate because you were my friend first!”

“Chill, Luhan. You know I love you most.”

“Good, I’ll tell Jongdae.”

 

.

 

The party is in full swing by the time Baekhyun decides on an outfit and they finally make their way over. Luhan immediately disappears into the crowd, leaving Baekhyun on his own. Jongdae finds him a moment later, though, and pulls Baekhyun into a weird circle in the kitchen. Chanyeol is there, arm wrapped around a petite male.

“This is Jino.”

Baekhyun nods, suddenly missing the weight of those arms around his shoulders. He waits for Chanyeol to move to stand next to him, but Chanyeol sticks by Jino instead. Baekhyun realizes he is being childish – it’s just that in the past, his previous exes…but well, they were interested and of course, Chanyeol is not. Baekhyun realizes he had always been a bit spoiled, never having to do the work in any of the courtship.

“What are we doing just standing around! Shots!” Jongdae shouts. Leave it to Jongdae to get things moving.

And it doesn’t take long for things to happen – a hand there, a lingering gaze here. Baekhyun giggles, no longer able to keep up. Had he had all of his senses, he would have beaten himself up for being stupid. But somewhere along the night, Luhan had given Baekhyun pitying looks and kept ing drinks into his hands.

So, really, it’s Luhan’s fault that Baekhyun is in the corner of the living room, someone’s tongue the roof of his mouth and someone’s hand trying to push up his shirt. Baekhyun realizes he needs to stop it. He tries to signal to the stranger that this is not really the time. And that he is really in love with someone else. But it’s so hard with a tongue down his throat.

“Whoa, there,” Someone’s deep voice calls out. “Excuse me, I need to see my friend here.”

There are lots of noises, scuffing about. There is some shouting. Just lots of noise and movements. What is happening? Baekhyun remembers thinking something unpleasant before he phases out…

 

.

 

Baekhyun jolts upward – very quickly realizing he is not in his bed. Firstly. That is…firstly. And secondly, he feels the bile rising up from his throat and prays to whoever is out there that he doesn’t end up puking on this very nice bed. He manages to get himself up and dashes around the hallway until he finds a restroom. Ah, toilet bowl, we meet again.

“Baek, you okay?”

It’s Chanyeol. “Hm.” Baekhyun finally empties his stomach, flushes, and sits back against a wall. He stares up blearily, “What happened? And ow, why does the back of my head hurts?”

“You fell.”

“Oh.”

The night before comes back in fragments: Chanyeol trying to get him to drink water, Luhan dragging him out to dance, seeing Kris and Luhan make out on the couch. Baekhyun grimaces. That is not an image he wants to conjure up.

“What happened, Baek?” Chanyeol asks, “What happened to you last night?”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s just…something you said, when I was trying to pull you away from that guy.”

Baekhyun tries to remember. “I don’t know what I said.”

“You said I would never get it, that you’re just wasting your time.”

Baekhyun freezes.

“What do you mean? Do you mean our talks, about me asking you for help? Do you think I will never be able to finish my song?”

“Why…why did you pull me away from that guy?” Baekhyun asks instead.

“Because that wasn’t the place, Baek. What would people think?” Chanyeol sounds annoyed now. His tone is part exasperated and part condescending. “I am sure you could have found a better place than some corner.”

Baekhyun rubs his eyes, too tired to take the bait. “You see. You’ll never get it. It has nothing to do with your song. It has to do….to do with how much I like you. I like you so much.” He smiles, it’s self-deprecating and tired. “But you will never it. I look at you and I think, he has to know – he just….has to look at me and he will know. I’m so sure it shows all over my face. But you just…you just don’t see it.”

“How was I supposed to know, Baekhyun? I can’t read your mind!” Chanyeol retorts, turning to face him.

Baekhyun nods. “I know.”

“And I am not a fairy tale. This is not some story. I don’t have the words written out. I am not a romance hero. I can’t be that for you.”

“I know.”

“I like simplicity.”

“I know,” Baekhyun gets on his feet, steady and resolved. “I know. You will never be what I need. I am not going to ask you to change, or compromise or…give up any part of yourself. You’re right – you can’t read my mind. I like you. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way about anyone. I’m sorry, I’m probably ruining your morning, ruining this friendship along with it.”

“Baek - ”

“No. Just…let me have this. They always leave, you know? They say I’m impossible. I’m going to just save you the trouble. So bye, Chanyeol.”

And Baekhyun leaves. Leaves it all behind. Leaves Chanyeol in that restroom, still sitting on the floor, still looking flabbergasted as if Baekhyun grew two heads right there in the middle of his apartment.

Oh well.

 

.

 

Baekhyun goes through all the normal routine. He goes out more than usual. He buys five new books and reads through them so fast he can’t differentiate which plot belongs to which book.  It doesn’t matter. He doesn’t get mad this time around, doesn’t throw things and curse at inanimate objects. It’s a quiet kind of hurt. It’s expecting Chanyeol to come through the door bringing Chinese take-out, it’s missing mundane conversations, it’s hearing his keypad beeps and knowing it can only be one person.

It’s being disappointed when he opens the door and sees Luhan instead.

“Thanks, so nice to see you,” Luhan huffs. “I hate you.”

“Hi Luhan.”

“Do you know Chanyeol’s keycode?”

Baekhyun frowns, “Yes? Why?”

“Because he hasn’t returned any phone calls and we are worried he might be dead.”

“No. He…I always hear his guitar. He’s there.”

“Oh Baekhyun.” Luhan pulls him into an embrace before Baekhyun realizes he’s crying. “Why do you do this?”

 

.

 

Chanyeol stares at his wall. He registers his keypad beeping and hears the click but it doesn’t occur to him that someone is breaking in until he sees Luhan, arms crossed, glaring him down.

“How?”

“Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol nods. “So what’s up?”

Luhan doesn’t budge, “No. What’s up with you? What is wrong with you? Baekhyun is perfect! He is amazing! Why are you here and why is he there?”

Chanyeol has always prided himself on his even temper, so it surprises even himself when he throws kicks his guitar aside. “What do you want from me, Luhan? Did you know he confessed, right on my bathroom floor? Went on and on about how he couldn’t expect anything from me but he likes me. I’m not that kind of guy – Baekhyun….he probably had it all planned in his head, you know? How our relationship would be, probably how I would confess.”

“Oh boo hoo,” Luhan is not a sympathetic creature. “Some great guy loves you and wants to have a relationship with you, poor Chanyeol.”

“He said so himself, that he was impossible! That his boyfriends left!”

“Because they were scumbags! Scumbags he found when he goes out, they’ve never been worth anything more than what Baekhyun romanticizes them to be. Their loss.” Luhan pauses. “And you know what, your loss. They didn’t deserve him and neither do you.”

"I don't know what to do, Luhan."

"Yes you do," Luhan says. "There is a reason why you always stayed by his side, a reason why you pulled Heechul off of Baekhyun at the party. There is a reason why Heechul hyung is sporting a sore jaw." The look Luhan gives him is meaningful.

Chanyeol remembers. He remembers pulling the older male off of Baekhyun, remembers how angry he had been when Heechul accidently pushes Baekhyun in the middle of their scuffle. He also remembers the look on Baekhyun's face - so beautiful and sad, when he told Chanyeol it was all over. Chanyeol doesn't want it to be over. He wants to be the one Baekhyun makes out with at a party, wants to be one Baekhyun dances with, wants to continue to be the one Baekhyun relies on whenever he is sick. He thinks about what Luhan had said and he knows, he knows Baekhyun is a great guy and some day someone will realize that. Chanyeol doesn't want that to happen - doesn't want Baekhyun to be with some guy, someday. He wants Baekhyun with him, today.

And he still doesn't get it. He doesn't understand grand gestures or cheesy one liners; but for Baekhyun, he thinks he can try.

 

.

 

And that’s how Chanyeol finds himself climbing up Baekhyun’s fire escape, struggling to carry his guitar up the narrow ladder. He takes a deep breath and knocks on the window. Baekhyun’s face appears moments later, eyes blown wide with surprise. But Baekhyun doesn’t open the window and Chanyeol has to shout over the glass barrier.

“Baek! Baek, open up! We need to talk.”

Nothing.

“Baek, come on. I wrote this song for you, I didn’t even know it. Don’t you want to hear it? I finished it, Baek.”

Baekhyun moves to close the drapes.

Chanyeol tosses pride away as he steels himself and takes a deep breath. He positions the guitar and starts playing – slow, sweet, melodious – and what the hell, he starts to sing.

 I do believe all the love you give
All of the things you do
Love you Love you
I'll keep you safe Don't you worry
I wouldn't leave Wanna keep you near
Cause I feel the same way too**

Finally, Baekhyun pushes the window up. “Stop, stop. You’re embarrassing me.”

“Baek….”

“It was so hard to get over you, I can’t do it again.”

Chanyeol tries to climb in before Baekhyun slams the window shut again, “Stop. Let me speak.” He takes a deep breath, “Look. I’ve always liked you, too. I just didn’t…know. All the things that you said, I thought we were too different. And you always blew hot and cold – you would pull back sometimes and I just didn’t know…and then all of the sudden when you confessed to me, I thought it wouldn’t work. We are too different.

“But I see it now, Baek. I see why we work, because...things are just better with you.”

 

.

Baekhyun comes to realize that everyday is beautiful with the right person. Baekhyun appreciates the occasional flowers and Chanyeol's clumsy attempts to romance. He laughs when Chanyeol tries to show grand declaration of love. It's heart-warming and wonderful, it's both silly and still so touching. But Baekhyun learns a lot about love by being in love with Chanyeol - that yes, he still dreams and appreciates all the gestures that come from being in a committed relationship; but no, he doesn't need them to know Chanyeo loves him. It's all in the little things, it's in the way Chanyeol still looks at Baekhyun like he has a secret (but Baekhyun thinks he knows now). It's the way that Chanyeol considers him, in that quiet and contemplative gaze. It's the way that he can hold out his hand and he knows Chanyeol will take it. 

But it's also in the way that Chanyeol will wash his dishes when Baekhyun has too many things going on, in the way that Chanyeol would roll his eyes but will read aloud for as long as Baekhyun wants him to. They do argue over dishes, they argue over groceries - but they also get so caught up in each other that Jongdae has to kick Baekhyun while making gagging sounds.

Baekhyun knows theirs is a love people write about; and some nights, he even puts his book down early and just snuggle in with Chanyeol instead. Just because he can.

----------------- END

 

** The lyrics are not my own. Original song goes to: Bumkey & Rhythmking "LOVE SONG"
Baekyeol performed the song before and omg how perfect is it for them!?