Welcoming Wednesday

Luck Is Not Chance

There are times in our lives when we know we have to swallow our pride in order to achieve our goals.

“Take a seat.” Junior's voice is strict and without emotion as he stands side by side with Im Jaebum. I wanted to be glad to see that he was back, but with the -ish greeting I decided to keep it to myself.

With a quick glance around the GOT7 living room that I remember from the last time I had been there, I locate the others. They're all sitting on the floor behind JJ Project. Their eyes are all down casted to the floor, as if being scolded by a parent.

The atmosphere is heavy, and if I had known this is why Im-ing-Jaebum called me here, at 6 AM no less, I would never have come.

I sigh, but reluctantly take a seat in front of them. I hate the angle, it allowed them to peer down on me, forcing me to strain my neck in order to look up at them.

To explain how I found myself like this, takes me back to last night, when I received a text from Im Jaebum demanding I come over to their apartment at 6 AM. There were no details except for the fact that I would HAVE to bring about 7 or 8 bottles of hair dye. A million and one questions went through my head, to be very honest, but just chose to ignore my gut and do as he said. Even though it went against every nerve in my body, and now, I can really see why.   

“I'm going to ask a few questions and you will answer them all truthfully.” Im Jaebum's voice is ice cold and distant as he peers down at me as if I were a mere bug in his path. I could feel my body twitch with annoyance.

Be patient Mark. Be patient.

“Okay.”

“How did you meet us?” He says calmly. I want to groan with irritation, but I take a deep breath instead. There are always methods to people's madness. Since it's Im Jaebum, there is pretty good reason for this: he doesn't trust me.

“I was chosen by my class to tutor you guys. I met you guys over a course of a week. You on Monday, Junior Tuesday, Jackson Wednesday, Youngjae Thursday, and Yugyoem and Bambam on Friday.” I say in a neutral voice, anything to shield my growing impatience.

“Did you hate us when you met us?”

“Who wouldn't?”

“And now?”

“Tolerable.”

“So why the hell are you here right now then Nerd?” Im Jaebum looks annoyed and Junior nudges him to fix his tone.

“Ignore him. How long have you known Block B?” Im Jaebum's face is not amused as Junior takes over. The others in the back continue to stare at the floor as if it were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Huh?” What kind of question is this? Junior was the one who introduced me to them. “I met them some time after I met you guys. Why?”

“You don't ask the questions here Nerd, we do.” Im Jaebum hisses my way and I really wanted to know what crawled up his and died. “How long have you known the four-eyed Nerd?”

“His name is Taeil, Im Jaebum.”

“Do I look like I care? So just answer the ing question.”

I roll my eyes and sigh. He's acting more -ish than usual today. ing Bastard. “I met him a day after I met the maknaes. Why?”

“Again.” Im Jaebum growls and moves forward faster than I can react, hand gripped tightly in my hair. I wince more due to shock then the actual pain. The atmosphere plunges to the floor, spreading this heavy tense air that makes me shiver. “We ask the questions.”

“I don't give two s about your damn leader status here.” I grab his hand with my good hand and yank it away from me with all I got. Junior makes uneasy glances at us both. “Don't ing touch me.” My voice is sharp and I can see that Im Jaebum is taking me serious because he doesn't move at all. He just stares at me.

With our usual staring contest started again, Junior nudges him more roughly this time to get on with whatever the hell this is. We don't break eye contact and I bet from the outside it looked as if a Tiger and a Lion happened upon each other, ready to assert dominance over the other.  

“Hyung, you need to calm down. This is Mark Hyung we're dealing with.” Junior whispers to Im Jaebum. He ignores him, eyes narrowing. I want to add my own two cents, but realized it wouldn't help the situation at all.

“Your four-eyed friend seems to be close to Block B. He's probably their dirty little rat sneaking around using you. So if you want to join us, you better drop that damn pest. ASAP.” Im Jaebum crosses his arms and that is all I can take. THAT’S IT!

“Listen here you good for nothing bastard,” I get to my feet, getting as close to him as possible. Right in his face. “I don’t give a flying all the you want to talk about me, but you better not ing talk about my friends you .” I narrow my eyes and he stares back at me with as much rage as I have.

I’m assuming he didn’t expect me to speak back to him at all. He was sadly mistaken if he thought I was going to just sit back and let him run his damn mouth the whole time!

I hate liars.” Im Jaebum’s face contorts into one I never wanted to see. It was probably the face he showed right before he nearly kills someone in a fist fight.

"Good! So we finally agree on something then.” I don’t back away even though all the red flags were waving in my brain, warning me to at least take one step back.

However, I knew that one step would mark me lower in the food chain to him, and I wasn’t about to let him rest peacefully at the top. No way in hell.

“So how come it seems to me that you’re choosing those sick twisted lying bastards over us?” He states and it agitates me to no end.

“When the did I chose them? Are you not just stupid, but deaf too, huh ? I’m telling you not to talk about Taeil. I don’t care how much you talk, and how much you hate Block B. That has nothing to do with Taeil or me.” I finally force myself to take a deep breath and make a quick side glance to Yugyeom. “I know you don’t trust me right now, but I have my own reasons for joining.”

“Then state them, Nerd!” Im Jaebum, at the end of his patience, shoves me back hard enough to make me hiss in pain and end up on the floor.

“Hyung!” Junior rushes over to my side and a voice I didn’t expect to call out, does, right before I could open my own mouth to tell that ing off.

“Hyung, why are you acting like this? You know Mark Hyung isn’t that type of person.” Yugyeom is at his feet, looking completely pissed off. His fist are clenched in both hands and Im Jaebum looks just as surprised as we all are, open mouths all around the room. However, the shock doesn’t last long.

“Yeah? Then what about Jiho? Did he look like the type? Exactly, and look how that turned out. Yeah I was fine with messing with this guy, but we can’t just trust every ing bastard who walks in here and smiles and jokes with us Yug. We just can’t…not anymore.” Im Jaebum’s voice is enough to shut up any fight in anyone ready to retort his comment. Even me. It’s also enough for me to realize that not only is Im Jaebum hurt. The rest of GOT7 are as well. Without meaning to, I opened a wound I shouldn’t have.

It also hit me why this was all taking place. Why Im Jaebum’s acting like this and why all the Block B questions. The answer was obvious: Jiho.

Jiho. The leader of Block B, and also the president of the student council. Jiho. The name etched out with a nail on the wall of GOT7’s enemies. Jiho. Someone all of them knew, trusted, and got hurt by. Jiho. The guy…I seem to remind them of.

. ing hell. I didn’t want any of this to happen. I just….

“Want to get closer to all of you. I don’t know how to explain it well, because , it’s embarrassing. I’m…jealous that others know more about you guys than me.” I feel my face heat up and Junior who is by my side helps me to my feet.

The heavy and dark atmosphere disappears as each member takes in my confession and I was thankful I could breathe normally again. However, the stupid grins all over their faces was not appreciated.

“I’m happy he finally admitted it.” Bambam says happily from the back, moving his neck about. “I was starting to get stiff, and not in the good way.”

“Huh?”

“Yeah, I almost laughed at how serious JB Hyung looked!” Jackson falls over to his side in a fit of laughter and now I really am lost.

“You? Do you know how hard it was to watch it happen so closely?” Junior is laughing as well.

“Mark Hyung looked so scared when JB Hyung shoved him! I can’t believe he wanted to fight back!” Youngjae nearly snorts as he slaps Jackson, laughing out loud, mouth wide open.

“Wait…what the hell…was this…?”

I look around the room and Yugyeom is looking just as confused. “Wait, you guys aren’t mad at Mark Hyung?” He looks red in the face as he looks around the room frustrated. I feel you kid.

“Why the hell would I be mad at him? It’s called a prank Yug.” Im Jaebum laughs, a bright smile across his lips and even though I want to be super pissed off and kick him where the sun don’t shine, I find myself laughing as well. The weight of the world falling off of my shoulders.

Even though I know it’s a prank, I could tell those words that Im Jaebum said were real. It was real pain. Real memories. Real fear. I smile and look around the room.

“You guys are seriously the worse!” Yugyeom whines. Bambam hits him on the arm with a wide grin.

“It’s cause you can’t keep secrets! You would of gave us away. Though the added drama at the end was the best. I was so shocked you spoke.”

“Just means JB Hyung is getting soft~” Jackson teases and earns a hard whack from the leader. He pouts and whines.
Im Jaebum takes his attention away while the others break out into a convo about the little prank that I will never forget because I will get them back.

“Where is all the hair dye?” I look over to the black bag at my side. Some of the bottles fell out when I hit them earlier, but it all looked fine. He reaches down and looks through the bag. “Ready?”

“Wait, you can’t be serious?”

“Don’t be a dude. We’re all gunna do it too.” Im Jaebum grins, patting me on the head. It feels strange.

“I want to pick Mark Hyung’s color!” Bambam rushes to Im Jaebum’s side to shift through the different colors I hastily picked out.

“If you pick it, he’ll come out looking like a clown,” Youngjae teases. “I’ll pick it.”

“No way. I know Dimsum the best. He’ll look the coolest with gre – “Jackson huffs as I cut him off.

“If you even think about green hair, I will kill you.” I hiss which makes him look about nervously.

“I think a nice light brown would look good with his handsome face.” Junior insists, and I’m surprised he’s the most sane right now. Yugyeom shakes his head.

“That’s boring Hyung.”

Yah…aren’t you suppose to be on my side??

“Remind me again, why the hell we are doing this?” I question and Im Jaebum puts an arm around my shoulder, hand rubbing in a soothing manner.

“We seal deals by doing something spontaneous.” He informs with a chuckle.

“We’ve been doing it since we were brats. It’s kind of a tradition, I guess. You’ll get used to it.”

Just hearing those words make me oddly happy. It was as if he was saying that I belong here with them, as if I had always been there, and will continue to be there. I smile and nod my head.

“So what do you think about periwinkle?”

“Uh, wasn’t that some cat from Blue’s Clues?”

Im Jaebum grins devilishly. “Yeah, and also your new hair color.”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 

I don't know why I thought that the amount of staring I got when I dyed my hair red was bad. The reaction to my new periwinkle hair is no better. Though it seems it's more liked than disliked, with a few girls working up the courage to ask me the color and if I could take pictures with them.

But, with all this attention, I knew it was only a matter of time before they heard about it.

"It looks good though," Youngji plays with my hair, holding the ends up to the light. "How in the world did you even get this color?"

I sigh. "Don't ask." I remember the burn of the bleach on my head and the stronger burn of chemical when the color was added. It took hours. I came to school during 4th period.

"Hmm~ I wonder why the sudden change? Get dumped or something by that date of yours?" Taeil teases and I ignore him, resting my hand on my face.
Now how in the world do I tell them I joined GOT7, though...did I? No one explicitly said it now that I think about it. I guess I'll just keep it to myself until I'm sure.

"Will Tuan Mark come to the student council office. Tuan Mark of class 1, come to the student council office. Alone." The announcement goes off and I nearly slam my head into my desk.

"Not these guys. I knew this would happen."

"What did you expect, it's against the rules to dye your hair." Youngji sighs like an all knowing parent.

"Want me to go with you?" Taeil gets to his feet, even though he wanted to make it seem as if he were concerned for me, I already knew it was to see Piyo.

"Stay, I'll be back."

They give me slight nods as everyone watches me leave the room. I thought it was because they were scared or ready to start talking about me, but actually, with a quick glance, it was only girls. Girls with hearts in their eyes and probably drool running down their faces. When the hell did I suddenly get popular?

The walk over felt heavy. People whispered here and there again and rumors of me joining GOT7 went around. I could hear it all. Though I'm not surprised. The only people with dyed hair were the GOT7 members.

With my many encounters of Block B, I found that standing in front of Kyung has become one of the many things I'm coming to loathe entirely.

“Good to see you Mark,” Kyung gives me a slight smile as Jaehyo opens the door for me. I give them strange looks, as if I thought it were all a prank.

“Why the hell are you both being nice to me? It’s ing gross.”

“I think Hyung’s trying to get on your good side nowadays.” Piyo, who happily came to my side, whispers into my ear. “He’s not even that nice to me.”

I chuckle a bit. “Guess I should test his sincerity, right Piyo?”

“Uh, I don’t know if that’s a good idea Hyung….” He says nervously and I walk a little closer to the President’s desk. Jiho’s desk.

“So why have you called me here Kyung?”

“Well, the teachers are concerned, they wonder why you decided to dye your hair when you know it is against the rules. Apparently you have done it in your freshmen year as well.” He flips through a file and throws it on the desk with a smile. “It was reported that it was due to a prank last time, can I assume it has happened again?”

I shrug. “Assume what you want.”

His small smile flatters. “Mark, we need your full cooperation. I can’t simple let you off just because you helped us tame GOT7. So please tell me why your hair is dyed?”

I shrug again. “I just felt like dying it.”

He sighs deeply. “It has also been reported that GOT7 brought you to school today and also sported freshly dyed hair. Why is that?”

This guy is seriously annoying. I groan inwardly. “I’m not their keeper. How would I know?”

“Mark, if you would just – “ The phone on Jiho’s desk goes off and Kyung takes a deep breath before answering it. “Ah, Jiho, what’s up? It’s rare for you to call.”
A weird cold chill runs through me as soon as I hear Jiho’s name. It’s all that guy's fault. Whatever GOT7 went through, he did it all.

Kyung eyes me then nods his head as Jiho talks to him. “Don’t worry I got the paperwork ready for your return. Uh-huh, oh, I’m happy you asked. You see I’m with a student right now. Yeah, his hair is dyed and I don’t want to cause a ruckus since the teachers are very grateful to him. Huh? His name? It’s Tuan Mark.” Kyung says in a calm manner. Then he tenses up from whatever Jiho has said to him and he slowly brings his eyes to stare at me.

“Do I have something on my face?” I nudge Piyo who shakes his head, also staring at Kyung. Hell, everyone in the room was staring at his pale face and wide eyes.

“Sorry, yes I’m still here Jiho. Okay. Yes. I will make sure to take care of it all. Okay. I’ll call you later. Bye.” Kyung groans after hanging up the phone. “You may leave Mark.”

“Huh?”

“From my understanding you are a very close friend of the president and he wishes that you enjoy your school life more comfortably and without anymore issue.” Kyung shifts through some paperwork. “He is putting in the order for your dyed hair to be accepted on the grounds of helping the whole student body learn ‘gang-free.’ So, therefore, you are free to go.”

I blink a few times, confused. I’m a very close friend of the president? I didn’t even know we had a student council at all…so how? I nod my head. Well, if it gets me out of here, I guess I will take it. I’ll just assume he confused me for someone else.

“Hyung! I’ll walk you back to class.” Piyo walks me out into the hallway, humming to himself. “You know Hyung, it makes sense why you remind me so much of Jiho Hyung, it’s because you guys are friends.”

“Friends…?” I mutter to myself. I gulp. How could I be friends with such a guy? A horribly scary feeling creeps up my back.

“He comes back on Friday, so it’ll be a nice reunion.” Piyo informs with a smile and I can only feel dread from the news.

I have a bad feeling about this….
 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////  
 

“I say he was dumped,” Jo Kwon Hyung grins, hand running through my hair. I roll my eyes and move away from him, only to run into another pair of hands. Wooyoung Hyung.

“I say it’s the opposite, he must have got with GOT7, why else would they also have newly dyed hair. So you were into that sevensome, huh Mark?” He teases and I threaten to punch him in the face.

“I think it’s cute. Plus he’s lucky he knows Jiho. If not he would be in big trouble.” Min Noona smiles widely. “How come you never told us you knew him? We could've gotten away with so much!”

“Noona, I already told you. I never met the guy in my life. I don’t know why he’s saying he knows me. He has to have the wrong person.” I cross my arms.

“It doesn’t make any sense though. The name Tuan Mark isn’t common, especially in Korea. You’re a foreigner, so of course there is no way to mix you with anyone else.” Wooyoung Hyung disagrees. The other two nod their heads in agreement.

“Well, I never met him,” I look around the lunchroom, fear clinging to my every nerve, scared a GOT7 member would show up and find out. “Also, let’s not talk about this again. Don’t mention me, or Jiho, okay?”

“Why? Is it because your boyfriends will get mad? Makes sense since Block B and GOT7 have hated each other since the day they both set foot in these very halls. Though there’s a rumor that Jiho and JB used to be best friends at one point in middle school. I wonder if it’s true?” Jo Kwon Hyung whispers in our direction and Min Noona adds a story about the two of them taking down bullies and being A students together in middle school.

I can’t help but zone out. Could that be what happened? When he knew GOT7…was he really close to Im Jaebum? What in the world happened…?

“Dimsum! Hey guys.” I hear Jackson’s cheerful voice and turn to see his now blonde fluffy hair shining at me. I smile, blonde isn’t a bad look for him. “JB Hyung asked me to come get you.”

“It’s been awhile Jackson! Why don’t you visit me anymore?” Min Noona pouts, reaching out and clinging to his side.

“Sorry Nonna, I’ve been really busy with school. I stopped skipping classes remember.” His smile is bright as usual. It made the sense of panic I had earlier disappear almost automatically.

“It’s true. You guys haven’t been around much lately.” Wooyoung Hyung chuckles. “Tell JB to message me about that soccer game he wanted to see. I can get tickets anytime.”

Jackson nods his head and looks at me. “We should hurry. Lunch is almost over and I have physics after this.”

“Now he’s really sounding like an honor student!” Jo Kwon laughs and I can’t help but join in as well. I get to my feet after waving good bye to my friends and follow Jackson out the door.

“So what does Im Jaebum need me for?” I yawn and Jackson takes my book bag and slings it over his shoulder. He smiles and leans forward, stealing a quick kiss.

“Not too sure, but I think he wants to ask about your plans tomorrow night.” He puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me down the hall and toward the stairs. I want to question why kissing me became something natural, and something we don’t question at all. I gulp. Sorry Yugyeom, my heart is still with only you. I swear!

We finally make it to the GOT7 hideout and I’m greeted by Yugyeom, Bambam and Im Jaebum who were playing a card game.

“You’re finally here Mark!” Im Jaebum smiles and I’m ready to hightail it out of there. It’s almost as gross as Kyung & Jaehyo trying to act nice to me. However, it doesn’t feel forced. It actually feels like he is happy to see me. “About time Jackson, I told you to get him like 30 minutes ago.”

“Hey, I had to take a first, anyway I got him.” Jackson moves over to the table and takes a few cards from Bambam who protest.

“I was winning! Hyung!”

“No way, I was winning.” Yugyeom adds with a teasing tone and I take a seat beside Yugyeom as casually as I could.

“So what did you need me for Im Jaebum?”

“Why are you so uptight Mark? Just call me Jaebum or JB.” Im Jaebum says while looking at his cards. “I know we started off rough and all, but you’re one of us. So let’s be good friends from now on okay?”

We meet eyes and even though it’s our usual staring contest, it’s nothing like before at all. It’s just two guys staring at each other. One smiling while the other trying to figure out what to do with himself.

Do I call him that? I mean I am trying to get closer…so.

“Sure, Jaebum. So what’s up?”

“Want to watch a movie with us?”  He throws his cards on the table and heads to the window while the others realize they all have lost to him. He motions for me to follow him to the window and I make a glance to Yugyeom. He seems to be normal, chatting away about a new game that Im Jaebum wouldn’t be in, because he apparently cheats. I guess I’m the only one who’s really happy and nervous to be near the other. I get up with a slight sigh.

“Are we going to the movie theater? I gotta ask my mom.”

“Nah, it’s at our house.”

“I’ll think about it, unlike you delinquents, I have things to do.” I grin and lean my back on the windowsill. Im Jaebum reaches out, and for a split second I'm not too sure what he aims to do. That is, until his hand falls on my hand and ruffles my hair roughly. “Yah, Im Jaebum!”

“It’s Jae-bum. Also, you’re a delinquent now too.” He laughs and with the bell signaling it's time to head to class, he yawns. “Sure miss the days when I could skip and take a nap.”

“No one’s stopping you.” I say casually and he nods his head slowly.

“But you wouldn't like it, right?”

“When the hell did this become about what I like and don't like?” I roll my eyes and notice Yugyeom grabbing my bookbag for me.

Im Jaebum shrugs. “Maybe since the beginning? Anyway, if you’re coming tomorrow night, call me and let me know.” He waves before walking out of the hideout.

“! I have P.E today.” Bambam scrambles around to get his books and bookbag and waves quickly before jetting out.

Jackson hastily follows, putting his books together, sending a wave and then running out faster than I've ever seen a student run to class. Then there was Yugyeom. He smiled as I approached him.

“Aren't you going to be late to class? The middle school building is pretty far from here.”

He shakes his head and starts to walk down the hall. I quicken my pace in order to catch up. I wonder why he's so quiet, a fear creeps up my spine and I shove my good hand into my pocket. The locket is still heavy and I clench it tightly.

“Yugyeom.”

He looks at me with his usual face of indifference. “Yes Hyung?”

“Didn't you say that you won't stop talking to me? Why are you so quiet...you were talking earlier.”

He takes his eyes away from mine and fiddled with his hands again. “I’m just...being bad.”

“Bad?” Can this guy even be bad? He nods his head and I let go of the locket.

“You’re close to Jackson Hyung and even JB Hyung and even though they’re my brothers...I'm not happy.”

I sigh. “Jackson I can understand, but why is everyone trying to tell me I'm close to Im Jaebum? Jeez we’re like cats and dogs. You know th - wait. Are you jealous?”

His whole face flushes red and he doesn't answer. I can't help but laugh.

“If you’re jealous, just say it. I thought you didn't care at all.” I grin and he makes a face of annoyance. “That's cute.”

“How is being jealous cute Hyung? Also, I...like you. So of course I care. You’re the one being all touchy and close!”

“Oh~ someone wants me all to themselves.” I tease and he looks even more annoyed.

“So what? Can't I?” He stops walking and I can't help but grin wider. I never would have guessed he was this kind of person. I'm happy that I'm the one who gets to see this sort of side of him. I reach my hand up and ruffle his hair. He is not amused, but I find him to be the cutest thing on earth. “Don't treat me like a kid.”

“I'm not. I'm not even nice to children.” I correct. “I'm treating you like the most precious thing to me.”

He pouts and grabs the hand on his head. He kisses my hand and stares at me. I gulp.

“Now what are you doing?”

He smiles. “I'm doing the same.”

I take my hand away, red as a beet. It takes me a minute to collect myself, but then I realize the bell stopped. Probably stopped ages ago. .

“Let's head back.” I state and feel Yugyeom tug my good arm. He's looking at me with a face I've only seen once before. That ‘kiss me’ face. . . Damn. . Don’t look at me with those eyes! “Yugyeom.”

“Yes Hyung?”

“What...do you want from me right now?” I say softly, as if any loud noise could break the mood we fell into. He steps closer, not letting go of my arm. He leans forward and pressed our foreheads together.

"Can we stay like this for a while Hyung?"

“Is that all you want?” I chuckle and he closes his eyes, a smile gracing his lips.

“Yes.” He says as he slips his hands into mine and his added warmth makes my heart beat increase. I wonder what people would think if they saw us right now. I stare at his beet red face as he squeezes his eyes closed tight. Taking long deep breathes.

ing hell, he's adorable. I clear my throat. "Don't you dare even think about topping me."

"Hm?" He pulls his face away from mine to give me a questionable look. "Topping?"

"It's definitely not happening."

"O-okay Hyung."

“Good.”

 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UPDATE!

 

Okay sorry for this super overdue and late update. I didn't have time to write while I was studying abroad in Korea ^^ but now I am back, and ready to start writing again.

 

Now I have some slightly good news :) I am going to start a schedule for when I update this fic! This is in order to make myself writing more frequently and also to get this story going~

 

So I will do my best to update every Sunday. So the next chapter, hopefully, will be out Next Sunday in order to start the cycle :D

 

Anyway! ENJOY <3

 

Subscribe if you like what you read so far!

 

Comments are love and keep me writing~ tell me everything you want to say! I love comments :) the longer the better!


Upvotes are nice as well! Please and thank you >_< :D