Two

The Scarred Shadow (The Shadows III)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGRI’s POV

 

I saw Jiyong the moment he came in to the living room but I pretended not seeing him standing there, scratching his head as if he found something really stupid. I took a quick swig of beer from the bottle I’m holding and kept my eyes on the television.

 

I heard him sighed audibly and it made me want to laugh. I couldn’t remember ever seeing Jiyong this awkward with me. He cleared his throat loud enough to have anyone in the house hear him that I stopped pretending of not knowing he was standing there. I lifted my eyes to him and waited for him to speak.

 

“Seungri. . .” he started and I could just tell in his voice that this was something he’d rather not do. “So, uh. . .”

 

I can’t believe his being awkward right now. “What?”

 

“I. . . don’t really mind you staying here,” he said. “But. . . Dara. . . she got some. . . ideas that, well, she wants me to. . .”

 

I raised my brows when he stopped talking and closed his eyes for a moment. My urge to laugh at him was getting seriously high and I didn’t really want to piss him off. But he seriously looked stupid right now and Jiyong never looked stupid, not at all. He’s always cool or badass but never stupid.

 

I can tell he was going through an internal struggle. I watched him took a deep breath and swallowed hard before he opened his eyes again and said, “She wants me to take her here. . . in the living room. . .”

 

I stared at him, dumbfounded. That was all he wanted to say? “I don’t mind sharing the living room,” I answered. I’ve been using their living room as my bedroom for seven days already. I didn’t have it in me to go back to my place where Sohee and CL where staying. “It’s not my living room, after all.”

 

“You need to leave, Seungri.”

 

“Eh? Why?”

 

Jiyong stared at me as if he was begging me to understand. I blinked at him, not really understanding why he was acting so weird. “It’s not that,” he muttered. “Oh this!”

 

Understanding suddenly hit me, making my eyes go wide. “She wants to have in here?”

 

Jiyong frowned. “It’s not ,” he said. “It’s not like that with her.”

 

“What? Making love?”

 

“I don’t want to talk to you about this anymore.”

 

“So you’re going to just. . . give her whatever she wants?”

 

He didn’t even hesitate for a second. “Yes.”

 

I sighed. I know I couldn’t stay with them forever but the reason behind me being kicked out by Jiyong right now seemed so. . . I don’t even know if I find it funny or ridiculous. I stared at him for a long time before sighing. “You totally lost it.”

 

I stood up and shook my head. I was overstaying, I know that but I couldn’t believe I’m being kicked out like this. “Oh well, it’s not my place anyways. . .”

 

I started heading towards the door, sighing audibly. “Stop doing that, Seungri. I already feel bad for kicking you out like this,” Jiyong called after me, making me smile. That was enough. I wasn’t going to take this against him but I’m surely going to use this to make fun of them in the future.

 

I know what they went through – Jiyong and Dara – I was there, I witnessed almost everything. If there were two people on this earth who deserves all the happiness the world could offer, it would be them. They survived every obstacle thrown at them. I didn’t want to admit it but I envied them. I’m jealous of how strong Jiyong and Dara’s love for each other. I leaned my body against the wall next to the closed door and closed my eyes. For a moment, CL’s face popped up into my head and it shouldn’t be her face that should be popping up in any corner of my mind.

 

“Is he gone?” I heard Dara asked from the inside. Well, she wasn’t really being quiet about it.

 

“I can’t believe you made me do that,” Jiyong said in a low voice as I pressed my ear against the door.

 

“Don’t you want to be alone with me?” Dara asked and I can just imagine the pout in her face from her tone. It made me chuckle and roll my eyes at the same time.

 

There was silence. “You know the answer to that, pancake.”

 

I made face and shivered. Why is his voice going all mushy like that? Eww.

 

“I still want to hear it though.”

 

“Kwon Jiyong is not Kwon Jiyong without Sandara Park beside him,” Jiyong said.

 

“I love you so much,” Dara said in a tight throat, sniffing.

 

I pressed my ear harder against the door when I didn’t hear anything further. I frowned but straightened up and cursed under my breath when I heard a loud moan after a while. I glared at the door as images started running through my mind. I need to get away from this place. Another moan sounded from the inside that made me take a deep breath before turning away from the door and sprinted as if my was on fire.

 

 

 

 

I wasn’t really sure how I managed to get back to my place with Sohee. I just found myself in the basement where there’s a small bar and different alcohol I could drown myself with. I was already on my fifth glass of scotch when I felt another presence in the room. I turned my head to the side and was greeted by the sight of CL in a white, large tee which reached just above her knees. “What are you doing here?” I snapped.

 

“Grabbing a drink,” she said and went to fix herself something before sitting on the stool beside mine. “So. . . you’re back.”

 

“Obviously,” I snorted as I gulped my drink in one go, my eyes stuck on her exposed thighs. “What are you wearing?” I growled afterwards.

 

“Well, I didn’t expect you to be here and stop glaring at my shirt; this poor little thing didn’t do anything to you.”

 

She crossed her leg, making the hem of shirt, exposing more of her thigh. I mentally swore and started drinking directly from the bottle of scotch I was holding, all plans of pouring the liquid to my glass forgotten.

 

I looked away. It’s not right to look at her. It’s not healthy to look at her. And why am I even looking at her? I shouldn’t look at her. I shouldn’t think of her. I shouldn’t have dirty thoughts of her but hell, it was as if logic left my body and went somewhere else. “Why? Why are you even here?”

 

She sighed. “Sohee asked me.”

 

“Bull!” I hissed. “We both know why she asked you to live here with us but why did you say yes?”

 

“Seungri, I –.”

 

“Don’t even pretend that you don’t know why she’s doing this and don’t even tell me you feel bad for her because you barely know each other!”

 

She stared at me as if she was about to say something but decided against it at the last minute as she sighed and looked away. I watched take another glass of alcohol down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter