004

The Marked One
Please log in to read the full chapter

June 21st, 2014

 

 

 

There was just pain. It longed more than she thought and for a moment Miyoung thought that pain would never leave her.

But the worst part was not the pain. It was the images. She saw so many things and she knew that none of them were belong to her. Actually they didn’t belong to someone particularly, at least she decided this. Because there were so many things in these images, they could not just belong to a person.

Birth, death, happiness, pain, fear, anger, hate. And many of them. These were the only things she remembered from the images. Nothing else, just the feelings.

After all this pain, images, fears and loneliness she opened her eyes.

And unlike to her expectations there wasn’t darkness. There was sun. Bright and clear. She took a deep breath and it hurt her lungs a little. She tried to get up but she couldn’t find the enough strength for this. She waited and while waiting she closed her eyes. She tried to hear if tehere was anything around her. But there was only a silence. Just silence. And she wasn’t sure if she had to be happy about it or not.

When she felt ready, she tried to get up again. Her legs were still weak but she was able to stand. She turned around, she looked to see something, someone or anything else but there was nothing. Just silence.

Then she realized where she was.

She was at the north side of Seoul. The side that destroyed by the angels just after the Fall. It was the first place –maybe not in the world but in the South Korea- purged by the angels. The purge to world became a better place. A better place without humans –the devils on the earth.

Miyoung didn’t know so many things about that night. At that time, they –her father, her brother and she- were at the opposite side of the city. All they heard was angels purged the area and area was now a better place.

She could say that it was a pure lie. A look was enough to tell this.

Everything she saw was… just nothing. There were empty buildings, it was easy to say that they were abounded long time ago. Windows were broken, doors were opened –actually there weren’t so many doors. Some cars were dropped out on the streets. Everywhere was covered with broken glass and dirt and trashes. Also there were some plants started to grown up on those remaining things.

Everything seemed…They seemed so empty. They seemed so dead. They seemed so painful.

And she was thrown off in this dead place. Just like a trash, just like a dead rat.

Miyoung knew what would go to happen to her. She was going to die. In a slow and really painful way. Every human knew that if the angel left the one who marked by him/her, the marked one would die.  Some said the abounded marked one would just die in a corner alone and silent. But some said the marked one would die screaming with an incredible suffering. She even heard by an old woman the suffering would be nearly the same as angel’s the suffering from the Fall. All of them were rumors but all the rumors were saying the same thing in the many different way.

The marked one would die after abounded by the marker angel.

So… I am going to die.

The thought was funny actually. She wasn’t going to die in a duty or in another escape from angels; she was going to die in a vacant area, she was going to die all alone.

In the end everyone is going to die alone my dear. It was a sentence from her grandmother. She died even before the Fall. She was a happy woman even she lived so many things in her life. But Miyoung always found her a little bit strange. She told this thing when Miyoung was just 8-year old. Even she didn’t understand what her grandmother was trying to say she had cried. I didn’t want to be alone, even while I’m dying. She was so afraid at that time. The thought of being alone was so scary and it didn’t change still. She was still afraid and she still didn’t want to die alone.

All her thoughts interrupted with a face just occurred in her mind.

Her brother. She promised her. She promised to find him. And she promised to not to lie.

She got up. She shook off all the thoughts which were running in her mind. She couldn’t die he

Please log in to read the full chapter