Don't be stupid, You know I Love ya!

Don't be stupid, You know I Love ya!

The next morning……

I have made up my mind.

As much as it kills me to do this, I’m leaving him. He wouldn’t notice if I was gone not the way he is now. It hurts that I have to resort to leaving, I have tried talking to him and trying to get him to open up but nothing.

I have been nothing but patient with him and he is treating me like I have the plague or something. I’m not entirely confident about doing this myself so I called Woohyun and Sungjong to come and help me. Knowing me, I’ll forget some stuff and I don’t want to come back once I leave, I wouldn’t have the stomach or the heart to face him.

It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I pictured it completely different. He would come home every night from work, I would be in the kitchen making a delicious dinner for him and that’s how I’d imagined our lives. Funny how reality has other ideas on how you live your life, it’s a cruel joke in my opinion.

I look at the half filled suitcase on the bed, my heart starts aching the more I look at it. I head to the bathroom to get my toiletries, Woohyun’s grandmother has offered to let me stay with her at her pension house in exchange for my “manly services” as she calls it.

I hear the door open and close and footsteps coming down the hallway, I go out of the bathroom, my arms full.

“Ah! Woohyun, Sungjong. Help me with this.” It was quiet, I turned around wondering why neither of them spoke up or said hello.

The stuff I was holding dropped to the floor with a loud clack, I suddenly felt numb as I stared into the bewildered face of Myungsoo. Why was he here? It’s only 2 o’clock and he’s home already?  My throat closes up refusing to let me speak, he looks from the suitcase to me a couple of times and comes forward.

“So Sungjong and Dongwoo were right, you were planning to leave me.” His voice sounds deflated. He walks past me to the suitcase, grabs it and chucks it off the bed, everything inside spills out.

“You can’t leave me, I won’t let you!” Myungsoo grabbing my arms and shaking me. Hot, fresh tears spill down my face.

“I am leaving, Myungsoo. I can’t live like this anymore, you ignore me and say such hurtful things to me.” I told him, struggling out of his grasp and picking the suitcase off the floor. “If you don’t love me anymore just say so because at least then I can walk away from this without feeling guilty.”

 

Myungsoo POV 

I didn’t know what to expect when Sungjong and Dongwoo had come to the company this morning and told me that Sungyeol was planning to leave me today. I didn’t want to believe it, he loves me just as much as I love him so there was no way that what they were saying was true.

My gut had been antsy when they left, the feeling only got worse and worse the more I tried to shake it off. I immediately ran all the way here just to be sure, seeing the almost full suitcase on the bed and Sungyeol coming out of the bathroom with all his stuff had been a kick to my stomach and a punch to my face.

Why would he leave me when deep down he knows I still love him with all my heart? Despite what I say or do to him, I know my behaviour has been deplorable these last few weeks but it’s not his fault.

“Sungyeol, listen to me. It’s not that I don’t love you, I still do very much-,”

“Then why have you been such a beast lately? And don’t think of avoiding the question because this is exactly why I’m leaving you.” Sungyeol says standing with his arms crossed and his lips pursed in a thin line. He stares at me with those dark, brown eyes that could always see through me.

How do I begin to tell him? What should I tell him? That I have spent every waking moment trying to protect our love and the home we have made together all because my father objects to this relationship? I inhale deeply and breathe out slowly.

“The first day of the job I know I was mean to you but I was just nervous to be working with my father. I thought that my dad offered me the job because he thought I was capable, as it turns out he gave me the job because he wanted to train me to take over someday but there was a condition.” I paused, taking another breathe.

“What was the condition?”

“He wanted me to break up with you, Sungyeol. I flat out refused and said that he had to accept that you would be in my life forever. That was when he made me a deal, if I succeeded in merging 10 companies with our company successfully then he will accept our relationship.”

Sungyeol dropped the clothing he was holding came to me, taking my hands in his.

“All the times I tried to get you to tell me what was wrong, why didn’t you just tell me the truth?” He asked looking down at our entwined hands.

“I didn’t want you think that my being with you was burden and I’m sorry if I made you feel unloved. You know I love you, right?” I replied bringing our entwined hands to my lips and kissing them. Sungyeol blushes slightly.

“I’m relieved that the problem wasn’t me but I’m pissed because I thought your father already accepted us a long time ago. How many have you merged so far?” He asks me, releasing my hands and embracing me.

“I’ve done eight so far, the last two on the list are the tough ones. I have a suspicion my father gave me them on purpose.” I wrap my arms around his waist.

“I can help if you want me too, I have free time before my course starts.”

“So I’m forgiven then? We are okay now?” I ask nuzzling his neck, he laughs and kisses my temple.

“I’ll tell you after the make-up .” He says and I feel his hands undoing my belt buckle. I grin and lift him up bridal style, placing him on the bed.

That afternoon was spent showing Sungyeol just how much he meant to me and that I will always love and care for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 months later…………….

 

Everything is exactly how it should be.

Myungsoo got all 10 mergers and his father has willingly accepted us, I am 5 months into my course and loving it. Our relationship, if anything, has gotten stronger. We agreed that we would have no more secrets from each other and in precisely 3 months, Myungsoo and I will be getting married!

Sungjong and Woohyun are taking care of the preparations, mostly they fight about what decorations and bouquets they should get. I am hoping that the theme won’t be anything drastic or distasteful since they haven’t come to me for an opinion on anything.

 Hoya and Dongwoo insisted on giving Myungsoo dance lessons, much to his annoyance and constant sulking, so he won’t look like a fool when we do our first dance as a married couple, I’m getting lessons too but I’m getting better quicker than what Myungsoo is, I told him to focus on trying to get the steps right than telling Hoya and Dongwoo not to touch me all the time.

 Sunggyu comes with me to the cake tastings and fittings, I sometimes get the feeling that he is jealous of Myungsoo and me. It doesn’t surprise me since Woohyun and him should have been married already but Woohyun keeps pushing back the date, claiming he isn’t ready yet.

I can’t wait for the day, the day when Myungsoo will be mine forever and I know he feels the same way. I get nervous when I think about it but it will all be okay since I know that Myungsoo will never leave me and I won’t leave him, not now or ever. 

 

The End 

 

 

 

 

 

Yay!!! Oneshot completed, Hope you like it! :)

Read and enjoy.