Current

The Sys7em

YI-EN’S POV 

So yeah, that’s how I ended up here, deeeeeeep underground and sitting around a table at lunch with my two best friends(and also my only friends), Jaebum, whom we call JB and Jinyoung (Ironically, he has the same name as the creator of JYP so we call him Jr.). They're goofing around with each other as per usual and I’m just sitting here, feeling extra lonely because HELLO YI-EN NEEDS TO HAVE FUN TOO?! 

 

Now, don’t get me wrong. It is intense here in JYP, but we still live like normal teenagers do. Except for the trained to kill part, y’know. 

Okay, I guess that I’ll have to explain about the current Sys7em again, because it’s kinda confusing, you see… 

 

When I was first brought here by my assigned guardian, Junho, I was given a card, sort of like an identity card just like everyone else. My newly-given name, birth date, ID number and my guardian’s name were written on the card. That’s how we all got our identity. 

 

Every guardian in JYP has at least 3 ‘children’ whom they’ll have to look after and train. So yup, you guessed it right. JB and Jr. are my ‘brothers’. As for where did the guardians come from… they are either the descendants of the previous members of Oanan or one of the JYP Nation who chose not to leave JYP.

 

Wait, I’ll have to explain this too. Gosh. 

 

You see, once we turn 17, we will be sent to the outside world for the first time our lives on our first missions ever. But since it’s already the 20th century for god’s sake, things are not how it used to be anymore. We don’t just go out, kill and return immediately. It’s not how it works anymore, Park JinYoung realised that this method was too risky, which leads to the amount of education that we were all given since young. 

 

So, yeah, we all have to go undercover and complete our missions slowly and quietly. Time is not an issue anymore as long as we don’t take, you know, a decade or something. We kill, we conceal, and we disappear, back into JYP to report ourselves. Once we’ve completed our first missions, we are given a choice, to leave JYP or to stay and complete more missions and slowly become one of the guardians. 

 

Just like normal teens, we all took classes too. Science, Mathematics, English, History, the usual classes that the normal people from the outside world take, we do, too. However, we were all forced to learn MORE. All of us can speak multiple languages and as for History, we all have to learn the histories of the outside world AND JYP. Yup, what a pain in the , I know. And to top that off, we all have all sorts of ‘assassinating’ type of classes too. But don’t worry, we don’t actually train by killing actual humanbeings. It’s already the 20th century like I said, yo? The places where we train in are kinda cool I’d say, there are fake humans for us to kill, yeap. And they’re all created digitally by the one and only Park JinYoung. 

 

All this exposure to the outside world is not doing any good to the Sys7em too, you see. The more we’re exposed to the outside world, the more ‘human’ we become. That’s why JYP decided about the ‘complete your first mission and you’re allowed to leave rule’, because who wants an assassin who FEELS to stay in the dark, cold, JYP? 

 

I know what you’re all wondering, do I feel anything? Of course I do. I’m what I consider lucky, you see. My guardian, Junho… He is unlike the other guardians. He, together with his fellow guardians from 2PM (it’s just a fancy name that they gave themselves while they were once a teenager like us too, no biggie.) weren’t actually the previous assassin newbies who decided to stay like some of the other guardians did. They were descendants of the members of Oanan, their ancestors decided to stay back then, not them. And it had caused them to be forced to stay as guardians in JYP. 

 

The six of them, Junho, Nichkhun, Woohyun, Jun.K, Chansung and Taecyeon are considered as the warmest guardians in JYP, because they actually FEEL. They are the only guardians currently who actually teach their ‘children’ the importance of feelings. But of course THE Park JinYoung is oblivious about this. He would be furious is he finds out that the guardians who were supposed to be on the same boat with him regarding the rules are actually teaching their ‘children’ what’s against the rules. 

 

What he does know is that even when the guardians are strict, some of the students do get feelings too, and he did not want to go through the trouble of repeating what his ancestor did before, so he decided to give them the choice to leave, but of course they’ll have to be ready to have their future descendants to be taken away and back into JYP.

 

That’s the power of the Sys7em, you can leave this time, but can you pass down your consciousness to your future children who’ll not even know about your existence? Quite unlikely, to be honest. 

 

———

Narrator’s POV 

Yi-En was laying on his bed in his shared dorm with JB and Jr., trying to read a book but failed miserably as he kept getting distracted by his ‘beloved brothers’, JB and Jr. who were giggling non-stop and a little bit too loud for Yi-En’s ability to remain concentrated. With a grunt, he put down his book and glared in the direction of the two lads, who were enjoying some sort of pillow fight/tickling battle on JB’s bed. Yi-En rolled his eyes at them for the nth time in his lifetime. 

 

“Can you guys please shut up? Can’t you see that I’m actually trying to read a book here?” Yi-En shouted at them and received a whispered “Oops” by Jr. followed by the two’s giggles again. 

 

“Don’t be such a , gosh.” JB said as he tried to fix Jr.’s hair, not noticing the slight blush on the other’s cheeks. 

 

“Excuse you?” 

 

“What? Am I wrong? Try to relax a little, dude. Come and join us, will ya?” 

 

“In my defence, I did try to when I was younger but somehow you two just end up leaving me out again. So yeah, I’d rather not.” 

 

“Well, I can’t help it that Jinyoungie and I are so compatible together. We’re obviously meant to be.” JB replied playfully and pulled Jr. in for a back hug. Jr. was blushing a deeper shade of red this time, but he still managed to nod and stuck his tongue out at Yi-En. 

“Yup, you two are gonna get married and have beautiful, beautiful babies.” Yi-En replied sarcastically and went back to reading his book. 

 

“Of course we will. I’ll not forget your invitation card to our beautiful wedding.” 

 

Yi-En rolled his eyes again. 

 

I hate my life. 

 

———

 

After dinner, JB had left for his class and that left Jr. and Yi-En together in their shared room. Yi-En was, as per usual, reading a book again and Jr. was dying from boredom on his bed. 

 

“Hey Yi-En.” 

 

“What.” 

 

“Talk to me.”

 

“I am.” 

 

“No, you’re not concentrating on me but on your book. But that thing down this instant and TALK TO ME.” Yi-En could hear the pout in the other’s voice and he chuckled quietly.

 

“Okay big baby.” He put down his book and headed to Jr.’s bed, sitting on the spot where Jr. was patting on. 

 

“Yi-En, have you ever liked somebody?” 

 

“Err, no? I don’t even know anyone other than you guys?” 

 

“….”

 

“Why, do YOU like somebody?”

 

Jr. nodded shyly with his head down.

 

“Well.. who is it?”

 

“It’s a secret.” 

 

“Is it JB?” Yi-En asked straightforwardly and Jr. nearly choked on his own saliva.

 

“Wh-what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” 

 

“Come on, it’s not like I don’t notice how you blush whenever you’re around him. You’re too obvious.”

 

“I did not!” 

 

“Yes you did. Now, tell me. What’s the problem?”

 

“Um… I don’t know… I just… don’t know if this is right.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“He is supposed to be like my brother, for god’s sake. It feels so wrong… to be feeling this way for a BROTHER.”

 

“I mean, you’re not related or anything. So that should be okay.” 

 

“I know, but still… what if he only thinks of me as his brother?” 

 

“Err, I don’t really know. Maybe you should ask him? Tell him how you feel.” 

 

“I can’t. What if I get rejected?” 

 

“Well, you still have me.” Yi-En winked at Jr., causing him to scowl.

 

“Eww. No thanks.”

 

“I am deeply offended. LOL nah, I’m just kidding. But seriously, this boy and boy thing, how does it work?”

 

“Yi-En, do you not go for Education classes?” 

 

“I did, but they only taught about the normal thing, you know. I’m curious about the opposite. To be honest, I don’t really know how does the normal thing work too because there are no demonstrations or something, you know?”

 

“Gosh Yi-En, are you really THAT innocent?”

 

“What?” 

 

“Have you not used the computers before? Or your phone? To search online? That’s like the only connection that we have with the outside world.” 

 

“I actually have not thought about that.” 

 

“You’re dumb then. JB and I have searched them before, you know. Together. It felt weird, and for I moment I wonder how it would be like if… you know, there were two guys instead of a girl and a guy.”

 

“And..?”

 

“And so I searched it by myself one day. I was shocked, really. I didn’t even know that it was possible. The people call it being ‘gay’” 

 

“Gay?” 

 

“Yeah, that’s when a guy likes guys.” 

 

“Oh… so are you gay?” 

 

“Gosh, how many times do I have to tell you, Yi-En? How can you be the oldest among us and also the dumbest?”

 

Yi-En scratched his head and chuckled awkwardly. 

-----

A/N

so yeah

chapter 2 is yup

hip hip hooray 

weee

yay

lol.

It feels weird to call Mark Yi-En lol. But I have a reason for that hahahahha.

You'll find out soon enough keke

yup and I included a bit of 2PM too because why not

And Junho feels, FEEL. Har Har Har dat pun.

Whut, I am not weird. I certainly am not.