The beginning

The Sys7em

Hi. My name is Yi-En. I’m 17 this year-well, almost. My birthday is in less than a month. 

 

Is Yi-En my real name? I do not know. Do I have a surname? I do not know. 

 

Where is my family? I do not know that, either. 

 

Well, you see… the place where I live in, JYP… we have something here called the Sys7em (pronounced as the System). 

 

My parents, well, everyone’s parents here… were forced to hand in their children upon birth. Yes, right after birth. No matter where you are, they will find you. The people from the Sys7em authorities.

 

The moment we stepped into (or rather, be carried into) JYP, our life as a part of the JYP Nation begins. 

 

We were all given the best of the best, brought up by the elites from the Sys7em. Well, who is the person in charge of the Sys7em, you ask?

 

Here’s a little bit of the background of the Sys7em that we were all required to study, just like how you normal people study History. This is our History. 

 

before the beginning-

Just like any other stories, this one begins with a “once upon a time…”. A group of assassins called the Oanans existed. Their whole lives were dedicated to killing and killing only. They were supposed to, anyway.

 

They were allowed to have children once they turn 18, but it’s not what anyone would imagine it to be. Of course, romantic relationships were not allowed between the assassins and the humans from the outside world, neither was it allowed among the assassins. There were too few female assassins to begin with, anyway. Therefore, the male assassins would inseminate with chosen women on their 18th birthday. This rule was decided by the ancestors, otherwise the population of assassins would decrease until it would cease to exist. The women were not allowed to speak nor show their faces during the process, and they were to be taken care by the ancestors of the assassins until the child was born. And right afterwards, the women were set free and were never allowed to return again. Who they were or how were they chosen was never told. 

 

There were two brothers, Park Sunghoon(19) and Park Sungjin(17). They were trained to kill, trained to never feel. However, the younger brother, Sungjin, broke THE rule. He felt something for a girl, and the something is love. It was dangerous, really. It was forbidden. He already failed his mission, which was to kill and to fall in love with the target… It was a terrible mistake, one that shouldn’t have happened. 

 

Of course Sunghoon was fuming when he found out. All that “I’ll do this myself.” and “I couldn’t today, she was surrounded by people all day.” finally made sense. He didn’t know what to tell their father, Park Joon, the leader of Oanna.

 

He knew that their father would kill Sungjin and his girlfriend himself if he ever found out, and he couldn’t let that happen. He loved his brother too much to let that happen. Therefore, he decided to take matters into his own hands. 

 

He asked Sungjin to flee, to go far far away with his girl. Sungjin was reluctant to leave at first, but Sunghoon convinced him to. And so he did, far far away he went and Sunghoon had covered for them, saying that his brother was killed in the mission. 

 

His father didn’t believe him at all. After all, Sungjin was one of the best assassins under his training. He had never failed, even during the hardest missions. How could he brought down in a small mission like this? It was supposed to be done in a split second, the target was just a weak girl for god’s sake. So why would his son be killed that way? 

 

And so he decided to dig deeper into the entire thing, at the same time convincing Sunghoon that he’d believed in his younger son’s death. The moment he found out about the truth, his wrath was uncontrollable. He couldn’t let that pass. He was ashamed of his sons. How could they ruin the image of the legendary Park family like this?

 

Rumours were spreading and slowly the entire group of Oanna found out. They all had different opinions, some supported Sunghoon and some didn’t. For those who did, they started believing in feelings, in love. 

 

Of course, as the leader, Park Joon couldn’t let that happen. It would bring the name of the Oannas down and the other assassin groups would soon overpower them. 

 

One day, he called for an assembly in the main hall. Everyone was required to present themselves and there were no exceptions. 

 

That day was the day everything began. 

 

the beginning- 

“Good morning, my fellow assassins. Today, I have gathered you all here for one purpose only. That is, to clear things for once and for all.” 

 

Sunghoon was brought onto the stage by two of Park Joon’s guards. His hands were cuffed behind his back. He was thrown on the floor and the entire audience gasped. Murmurs started to be heard and it got louder every second.

 

“As many of you might have already known, my son here, Park Sunghoon, has done a terrible, terrible mistake. But that does not compare to the mistake of his brother, Park Sungjin, who is now, I believe, enjoying his so called ‘freedom’ with his little girlfriend, far far away.” The audience quietened down as Park Joon began to speak again. 

 

“I am ashamed of them and I am incredibly sorry that this had happened. I was told that because of these rascals, some of you had begun to waver, I’ve heard things like brotherly love, sisterly love, love, love, LOVE! Bull!”

 

“It is entirely my fault that my sons have failed me and my people like this. Therefore, I have decided that I will make it up to all of you.” He started pulling out his sword and there were gasps again, this time louder. 

 

“With the death of my son, Park Sunghoon. I warn that, from today onwards, my people, all of you, shall never disobey the rules. It was decided from the moment we were born that we, cold-hearted, highly-skilled assassins shall never feel, never compassionate, and never, ever love. If there is anyone of you who think that what I’m doing is not right, please leave Oanan and never return again. However, please remember that I will find you, and we will find you. And you shall regret your choices the moment we do. You are free to choose now, my people. This is the price of freedom. Free yourselves if you dare, but always be prepared for the consequences of your actions. Remember, we assassins are trained to never feel.” 

 

The sound of the sword slicing through Sunghoon’s head was heard throughout the hall, and it caused an uproar. His head, detached from his body, fell onto the ground with a ‘thud’ and slowly followed by his entire body. And there he laid, lifeless. 

 

On that day, a large population of Oanan had left, thinking that what  their leader did was cruel. For them, assassins do not kill assassins. It was wrong in every single way. They fled far far away too like Sungjin did, thinking that they wouldn’t be found.

 

But boy were they wrong. The moment they’d settled down, the moment they’d started a family, that was when the Oanans reclaimed what they’d lost. They took away their children, every single one of them. If they resist, then their child would be killed in front of their very eyes. 

 

As years passed, Sunghoon’s only son, JinYoung had grown up and took over the position of his grandfather. Slowly, this action of taking away the children of the ex-members of Oanan had revolutionised. Using his ancestors’ mistakes as his guidance, he’d come up with the Sys7em, where they not only took away the children of the ex-members, but also the children of the normal people. After the death of his grandfather, he’d also changed Oanan into JYP. It had expanded dramatically ever since and he’d built what resembled a kingdom underground. 

 

It was a perfect spot, really. Underground, all concealed from the outside world. There, he’d ruled as if he was the king, he was even more powerful that any of his ancestors had ever been. Even though he was too lost in his power, JinYoung was never dumb. He’d only achieved his position because of his brain, because of the Sys7em, which he’d altered year by year in order to fit in the modern days.

 

And that was how thousands of teens, children, infants… were trapped in that underground training centre. It is luxurious, really. But it was a nightmare the deeper you look into it. Trained to kill, trained to never feel. That is their motto till this day. 

---

a/n

Hi guys! I'm back again with another fic! *pops confetti* 

I know, I know... I was supposed to write a sequel to my previous (and also first ever) fic here, but one day I had this idea in my mind, and I couldn't get it out ever since... and ta-dah!

I really hope that I can actually finish this one this time, because I usually don't finish the things that I've started. Boohoo T_T 

Therefore, please give me lots of love to keep me going! Comments are welcomed, good or bad, I'll accept them with an open heart ^^ 

Till we meet again, annyeong~ ^_< 

p.s. please bear with me as I cannot exclude this boring introduction! I have to build up the story, yo! In case you can't tell, I'm trying to sound all fancy because you know, this is supposed to be intimidating, RIGHT? I mean assassins, hello? Beheaded assassin? Hello? hahahha. But I know that it might end up not that intimidating after all, because I know myself well and I don't like depressing stuffs! Keke