Deal

Thaw My Heart

(P.O.V. YuHwa)

           I don’t know what to feel right now… I’m burning on the inside but my face is warming up too. I glance over at his limp body in the corner where I kicked it. His chest is raising so it's a clear sign he's alive still. His skin is so pale I couldn't possibly tell by his completion what state he's in. The only thing giving him color is that long brown hair of his. Why bother growing it out that long, you look enough like a beggar as it is. I look over to the clothes line outside and his uniform is flowing lightly in the wind, I should get them down before it rains again- wait why do I give a damn again? Cause' he'll milk his stay with that towel still around his waist YuHwa. Maybe he is just some punk trying to get a free meal from a petty little girl. I almost pity him. What could have affected him harshly enough to get him to hit rock bottom like this? Pah, probably some girl he’s hung over. Heh, hung-over.

I sit up at the sight of his shoulder stretch upwards with his head struggling to lift off the ground. His collar bones becoming defined as his chest lifts up. As he sits up straight he lets out a sigh and grabs onto his bangs.

YuHwa: "Strange time for a hangover to be kicking in."

He slowly turns his head to look at me. He seems to be confused for a moment then his gaze turned into strong brooding stare. All I do is smile, then drop my grin as throw his clothes at him down the hall. He gets into the bathroom and hastily gets dress as it seems since when he got out buttons were higher than others, his shirt was untucked, and a pocket was hanging out.

YuHwa: "You looked less wasted in the towel."

He approaches me and grabs my arm forcing me onto my feet. With the slight shimmer of light passing through his eyes coming from a biker who’s passing by the window he looked as if he was about to go insane. But whether or not he is legitimately insane doesn’t matter to me. Just try something you punk.

Junhong: "You have some nerve. Aren't you the least bit wary of the situation you're in?"

YuHwa: "What's there to be wary about? All I see is a tantrum."

Junhong: "Tch..."

He throws my arm to the side and his attention is caught by some people passing by the door. A smirk shows through the dimple on the side of his chin. What's going on in that brain of his? He stumbles out the door like a Titan character out in the streets. As he runs out he begins to attract the attention of the neighbors. I rush out to bring him back inside then Mr. Han walks up to him and smacks Junhong's bum with his cane. Heh, thinking you can turn me into a fool?

Mr. Han: "Hey sonny, don't embarrass young YuHwa like that. If you're going to be with her your image reflects her's as well."

"'Be with...'" What do you mean by, an... Aneo! I walk out barefooted and expect Junhong to be irritated by how unhelpful the town folk are to his plans but the instead the gleam in his eye became filled with intent similar to Moriarty. He did not think of that on the spot, he must have just weaved a through the hole he had fallen in, I’m sure of it.

Mr. Han: “ YuHwa, you need to keep this boy in line.” He says strictly with a point of his finger . “He’ll learn though, don’t you worry. He seems fit enough to handle you!” He then pats Junhong stiffly on his stomach leaving him hunched over as he walks away in a trail of laughter. Goodness, you can actually hear the tobacco smoke in his lungs as he speaks.

Junhong: *coughcough* “He hits hard for a man his age!”

I turn around and he takes my wrist backwards pinning me onto the brick ball that borders my house. Facing him he quickly comes at me straight on with his face and in my confusion… I head-but him in the chin due to our size difference. HA, get on my level you freaking titan. I look up at him and his bleeding lip. What, were you gonna bite me? I lean back and just smile at his stupidity, tracing my tongue across my front teeth.

/high school bystanders whispering/: “omg don’t stare!!” “Hold up why is he bleeding?” “Was she biting onto his lip while…” “Who knew she was so…!!” “It’s always the quiet ones I swear!” “Ahem, won’t be so quiet anymore~” *giggles* “She scored a cute one! *sigh* I wish I had a boyfriend...” *laughter*

I wince in the direction of the chatter and glare at the group of high schoolers who live in this neighborhood. I lock their attention on my and jerk forward at them so they’ll scatter. Even from their point of view did that even look like anything? I push him off with my forearm. Andas I was about to lock the gate his comment left me astonished.

Junhong: “You only care about one thing huh? Your image.”

Although this was true, I wasn’t going to admit it of him of all people. But how did he come to this conclusion?

YuHwa: : "What makes you so sure?”

Junhong: "By how offended you get by your neighbors pairing you up with me. You should be flattered to have a guy like myself be coupled up with.”

YuHwa: “Get over yourself. I’d never date someone as self absorbed as you.”

Junhong: “Ditto. But we both need something from each other as it seems.”

YuHwa: “What could you possibly have that I would require?”

Juhong: “Your self preservation. Wouldn’t want your neighbors to imply… Well, just look at me in this state.”

His disheveled appearance made me begin to grit my teeth, this sly little - *hmph* But he’s quick on his feet. I have to respect that. So he did purposely walk out like that. He’s playing his cards quite well. Let’s see if I have a few tricks left.

YuHwa: “... What is it that I have?”
(P.O.V Junhong)

    She’s so typical, why did that ahjumma have me cross paths with her? Some messenger, can’t even carry out her duties properly. At least things are working in my favor.

Junhong: “A roof over your head, appliances, some place warm. Though I have one, I’d rather not go back there at the moment.”

It wouldn’t kill my parents to worry about me for once. Not even one message since I’ve gone missing and I’ve only seen a few guards lurking about the school grounds. Speaking of which. Does she not know that we’re deskmates? She was so frightened when I called by name earlier. Well to be fair I do sleep with my head buried in my chest.

YuHwa: “Fine. I can work with that.” she says with no hesitation in her voice. In fact it was filled with confidence.

Junhong: “You’re putting so much trust in a uniform. You know nothing about me.”

YuHwa: “Are you trying to get out of this deal?” I open my mouth to reply but close my lips, “That’s a no. Besides, you know nothing about me neither.”

… Fair.

 

 

 

 

 

YO, I UPDATED. I really wanted to get into the plot in this chapter but that would have made this update 5-6 pages long instead of the 3 that it is at right now. Well heres an early Christmas present guys!! Who knows I might have increase in motivation and update sooner than the *cough* 3 months *cough* that took me to put up this chapter... ^^ happy holidays <3