Let Love In

Let Love In

It takes a couple of days and a lot of begging before Yixing finally agrees to join the service club along with Kyungsoo. Today is the start of club rush week in the University and Kyungsoo is determined to get into the club. 

“Remind me why did I agree to this once again?” Yixing grumbles from behind as Kyungsoo drags him to the sign up booths situated in the middle of the front lawn of the school. 

“Because I’m doing a month worth of your homework,” Kyungsoo reminds him feeling annoyed because why the is Yixing walking so slow. The club is only accepting 20 freshmen and if they don’t get there fast enough, Kyungsoo will forever be mourning his lost chance with the club’s president, Junmyeon – not that he knows he have a chance. 

“Make it two,” Yixing says interrupting his thoughts. Until now, Yixing has no idea why his best friend is so eager to sign up for the club. 

“No, just one,” Kyungsoo tells him firmly. There is no way in hell Kyungsoo will do Yixing’s homework for two months. Over his dead body, he thinks. “Now shut it and move along.” 

The two makes their way past different booths before Kyungsoo finally spots the booth he’s been looking for. There were already a bunch of girls lining up in front. He pulls Yixing with him and walks quickly towards it but not until a tall figure blocks their way. 

“Hey, little bro. Where are you going?” Kris asks stepping in front of them. Kyungsoo looks up and sees a bunch of flyers in his brother’s arms. Right, Kris is the captain of the University’s basketball team. Off to the side, Kyungsoo sees his brother’s boyfriend, Baekhyun handing flyers out as well. 

“To sign up for a club,” Kyungsoo tells him trying to get a view of the service club’s booth. If he doesn’t go now, he won’t be able to sign.

“Which one? You know you can always join Chanyeol at-"

“Just the service club,” Kyungsoo cuts him off because he really needs to go. He waves off his brother and walks away with Yixing in tow. The two settles behind a hoard of fangirls trying to sign up as well under the blistering heat. 

“I swear, I still don’t know why you picked this club out of everything else. I mean it’s better than that knitting club in high school but,” Yixing goes on and on until they’re in front of the line. 

“Hi, I’m Jongdae. If you two want to sign up, just fill out this application and we’ll let you know if you get it or not by next week," a guy who’s clearly not Junmyeon beams. 

While filling out the application, Kyungsoo looks around for Junmyeon and sees him at the side talking to a bunch of girls. Kyungsoo is about to look away when Junmyeon spots him and waves. Kyungsoo waves back in return and hands his application to Jongdae who is eyeing the two of them. 

Yixing and Kyungsoo are about to leave, when Junmyeon rushes up to them. 

“So, you decided to join?” Junmyeon asks him, smiling. 

“Yeah, just this morning actually,” Kyungsoo tells him.

“But you begged me to–“ Yixing starts off but Kyungsoo elbows him. Junmyeon just laughs at the two. 

“Anyway, we have a class so,” Kyungsoo says and Yixing snorts at his best friend’s attempt to change the subject. 

“No, that’s okay. See you soon?” Junmyeon smiles and Kyungsoo nods. 

“Now, I see why you wanted to join,” Yixing teases Kyungsoo as soon as Junmyeon is out of sight. 

“Oh shut up,” Kyungsoo replies a bit annoyed that his best friend has caught on so fast. He should’ve known, now he needs to put up with Yixing’s endless teasing. 

“You could’ve just told me to make your life easier. I would’ve agreed in no time,” Yixing chuckles. 

“Yeah, and I could’ve saved myself from doing a month worth of your homework,” Kyungsoo shots him a glare. 

“Hey, what can I say? You’re bad at hiding things and I’m just that good at figuring out people you’re interested in,” Yixing says and Kyungsoo whines.

“But hey! he’s hot,” Yixing admits and Kyungsoo groans some more. 

“He’s pretty cute,” Jongdae says approaching where Junmyeon is standing. The latter hums in reply watching Kyungsoo and his friend until they’re out of sight. 

“Is that the last of it?” Junmyeon asks facing Jongdae. 

“Yeah, here’s all the applications for today,” Jongdae hands him a stack of paper and adds, “I put Kyungsoo’s on top by the way.” 

Jongdae winks at him and receives a mortified look from Junmyeon. 

“Never do that again,” Junmyeon tells him and Jongdae just giggles and walks off leaving the rest of the work to Junmyeon.

When Kyungsoo gets home, he sees Baekhyun in the kitchen cooking dinner. His brother and Baekhyun have been together since their senior year in high school and have been inseparable ever since. Sometimes Baekhyun would come over and cook them dinner and that’s when Kyungsoo likes him the most because surprisingly, his cooking isn’t that bad. 

“Where’s hyung?” Kyungsoo asks grabbing a drink from the fridge before sitting down next to the counter. 

“Showering. You don’t mind bibimbap for tonight, do you?” Baekhyun asks and Kyungsoo shakes his head. Baekhyun smiles and adds, “So which club did you join today?”

“Service club.” Kyungsoo tells him taking a sip of his drink. 

“Hey, isn’t Junmyeon in that club?” Baekhyun asks and Kyungsoo almost spits out his drink. “He’s really handsome, isn’t he?” 

Kyungsoo reddens at the thought of Junmyeon’s smile. Baekhyun giggles at Kyungsoo’s reaction and adds, “don’t you think he’s cute?”

“Who’s cute?” Kris interrupts.

“Oh, no one,” Baekhyun smiles and winks at Kyungsoo. The latter bites his bottom lip and looks away while Kris gives the them a suspicious look. 

 

 

---

 

how long has it been since i last updated omg ;_; i'm sorry