Let Love In

Let Love In

“Yixing, we should totally join the service club,” Kyungsoo tells Yixing during lunch once again. The boy has been talking about joining the club nonstop since they got out of the auditorium this morning and Yixing is ready to punch his best friend if the latter doesn’t stop talking.

 

“No, just join by yourself.” Yixing replies already munching away on his sandwich. He says he's on a diet again and Kyungsoo thinks it must be one of Tao and his' monthly diet.

 

“But I don’t want to be alone,” Kyungsoo pouts looking down at his food tray in front of him.

 

“You’re the one who wants to join, so go do it yourself. You know I’m not interested in those kind of clubs.” Yixing says a little too harsh but he knows Kyungsoo will keep bothering him one way or another. Kyungsoo snorts at the last sentence because since when was Yoxing ever interested in any clubs at all anyway?

 

“Let’s join together. It will be fun!” Kyungsoo promises. To be honest, he’s not entirely sure but it shouldn’t be that bad, right? He secretly giggles to himself at the thought of interacting with Junmyeon, his main motive in joining the club.

 

“No, that’s what you said when you wanted to join the knitting club in high school!” Yixing rolls his eyes. When they were in high school, Kyungsoo convinced Yixing to join the knitting club saying it would be fun but sadly they were stuck with a boring advisor and five other students. The two couldn’t quit because they needed to join at least one club and all the other clubs weren’t accepting applications anymore.

 

“This time it will be fun, I swear!” Kyungsoo wishes because if it’s not Yixing will surely kill him. He gives him a smile nervously while Yixing glares at him.

 

“Why do you want to join anyway?”

 

“Some classes accept it as a grade instead of doing a fifteen page essay so If you’d rather do the essay then good luck,” Kyungsoo tells him knowing Yixing would rather die than start a fifteen page paper. “And it’s for a great cause!”

 

“Since when did you start doing things for a great cause?” Yixing snorted at his best friend’s statement.

 

“The day I started doing your homework,” Kyungsoo retorted. Okay, Yixing will give him that but he still thinks Kyungsoo has another reason for joining. Like that hot council Vice President maybe? What was his name again Junmoney? Junmoans? Whatever thats's not the point.

 

“True true, but my answer is still no,” Yixing laughs at Kyungsoo’s annoyed face.

 

“Ahh whatever! just join with me,” Kyungsoo begs and puts on his best puppy dog face. “Please yixing~”

 

Yixing tries to look away because he can never say no to Kyungsoo once he puts on his puppy dog eyes. Those huge dark brown eyes staring right into his soul begging for him to give in to his best friend. However, before Yixing can answer, Kris and Chanyeol enters the cafeteria together.

 

“Hey little brother!” Kyungsoo looks up and sees Chanyeol marching towards him with Kris in tow behind him. The oldest raises his hand and waves toward his youngest brother. The buzzing of the cafeteria stops causing Kyungsoo to look around at the other table. Everyone, Kyungsoo notices, stopped what they were doing to look at his brothers before going back to what they were doing a few seconds ago.

 

Kyungsoo isn’t really surprised at the fact that his brothers practically turn heads wherever they go. Though he wishes they would stop gathering attention whenever he’s around. Kyungsoo thinks it’s embarrassing but Kris and Chanyeol are already used to it.

 

Yixing cheerfully greets them when the two approaches their table because at least Kyungsoo will stop talking about the service club for a second.

 

Chanyeol settles next to Kyungsoo while Kris remains standing.

 

“How’s your first day?” Kris asks while Chanyeol steals a fry off Kyungsoo’s food tray.

 

“Hmm,” Kyungsoo pauses making his brothers worried before continuing, “it’s alright. I’ve only met half of my professors and so far so good.”

 

Kris and Chanyeol looks at each other and breathes a sigh of relief. They don’t have to kick anyone’s today after all. The two have always been protective of Kyungsoo since they were young.

 

One time, a kid in Kyungsoo’s first grade class made fun of him. Chanyeol was a second grader and Kris was in third grade. After school, Kyungsoo came home crying and the two were really worried because he refused to tell them what happened. When Kyungsoo got to school the next day, the boy apologized asked to be friends. Turns out, his older brothers devised a plan together and told the boy to stop torturing him.

 

---

 

“So when do we start setting up for rush week again?” Jongdae asks Junmyeon but he doesn’t answer. Following the latter’s gaze, he turns around and sees what his best friend have been staring at for the past ten minutes or so, eyes landing on a short doe eyed boy next to the bookshelf. “That’s it. who is he?”

 

“Wh-What?” He stutters, quickly breaking his gaze away from the guy.  

 

“Who is he?” Jongdae asks again subtly pointing at the boy behind him a few feet back.

 

“Just someone from the assembly this morning,” Junmyeon  turns away a bit embarrassed because did his best friend just caught him staring?

 

“Oh, a freshman! You’re such a creeper sometimes, do you know that?” Jongdae teases him while Junmyeon frowns at him. Still Jongdae loves teasing his best friend and he’s not going to let this matter go right away.

 

“No, I am not a creeper okay?” Junmyeon denies, how dare Jongdae accuse him of being  creeper. Okay he must’ve been staring at the guy for too long but that doesn’t mean he is a creeper.

 

“Oh please Junmyeon, you’ve been staring at that cute boy for the past ten minutes. Why don’t you just go up to him?” Jongdae tells him completely enjoying this.

 

“I can’t. I think he has a boyfriend,” Junmyeon confesses and thinks of the dimples guy sitting right next to him.

 

“Are you sure about that?” When Junmyeon shakes his head, Jongdae rolls his eyes. “See, you’re not even sure for all we know he’s single and ready to mingle! I say, go up to him and introduce yourself or do you want me to do it for you instead?” Junmyeon facepalmed at his best friend.

 

“You can be so annoying sometimes you know that?” Junmyeon says shaking his head as he stands up from his seat.

 

“Yeah, but you love me.” Jongdae laughs and shoos Junmyeon away towards the boy. He watches Junmyeon approach the said guy and giggles to himself. Oh this is going to be good, he thinks.

 

---

 

“Hey,” Junmyeon greets him flashing one of his angelic smile. Kyungsoo jumps back and his eye widens, startled. “Oh, I’m so sorry did I scare you? I’m really sorry.”

 

It takes a moment for Kyungsoo to reply because he was a bit surprised when Junmyeon approached him.

 

“No, no it’s okay!” Kyungsoo says and smiles when he sees Junmyeon’s face full of worry. The third year student stares at Kyungsoo, noticing his heart shaped lips. “Uhm, hi!”

 

“You’re a freshman right?” Junmyeon asks as he stares at Kyungsoo’s dark brown orbs. The younger one nods and flushes because did Junmyeon see him staring then? “I saw you this morning. I’m Junmyeon by the way.” He adds holding out his left hand for a handshake.

 

“Kyungsoo,” the younger one takes Junmyeon’s hand and shakes it for a few seconds. The two not breaking eye contact. “You’re part of the service club right?”

 

“Right, actually I was wondering if you’re interested in joining,” Junmyeon flashes a smile again and this time Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel like he’s floating on air.

 

“Uhm, do you mind if I think about it some more? I’m kind off on the lookout for another club.” Kyungsoo replies trying to sound like he wasn’t just begging his best friend to join Junmyeon’s club an hour ago.

 

“That’s alright. Rush week isn’t in a week so you have a lot of time,” Kyungsoo notices Junmyeon’s smile falters a bit and thinks he should’ve told him the truth instead when the other answers cooly and adds, “It’d be great if you choose our club though.” Again, Kyungsoo’s heart flutters and oh my god he has to tell Yixing about this but then realizes he can’t or else the teasing will be non-stop.  

 

“Sure,” Kyungsoo says and feels a bit stupid later because how dare he answer Junmyeon this way. It doesn’t bother the older though because he just smiles at Kyungsoo again. “Ugh, would you stop smiling at me dammit!” Kyungsoo thinks to himself.

 

“Alright, see you around Kyungsoo-ssi. It was nice meeting you.”

 

“Nice meeting you too.”

 

Junmyeon turns around and starts walking towards his seat. He finds Jongdae laughing at him and smacks the back of his head. Jongdae yelps and straightens in his seat before asking, “So what happened? What’s his name?”

 

“Kyungsoo. I might’ve promoted our club a bit.”

 

“Are you ing kidding me? Out of all things you could’ve said, you chose to talk about our club?” Jongdae stares at him in disbelief.

 

“Well, I somewhat blanked out in front of him.” To be honest, Junmyeon did try to think of something else to say on the way there but nothing would come out of his mouth while he stood in front of Kyungsoo. Jongdae rolls his eyes again for the fifth time today.

 

“Well, you did get his name and number right?” Jongdae asks in a hopeful tone.

 

“His name is Kyungsoo but I didn’t get his number,” Junmyeon sighs resting his head on the table.

 

“Well let’s just hope he joins our club,” Jongdae thinks this is ridiculous and pats his best friend in the back. “You did ask if he’s single right?” He asks and Junmyeon groans once again.

 

“Oh dear, my grandpa got more games than you Kim Junmyeon.” Jongdae thinks to himself before secretly laughing at Junmyeon.

 

---

 

After school, Chanyeol heads off to a bubble tea shop a couple of blocks away from the University, located near the high school.

 

It’s 4PM and as usual the bubble tea shop is packed. Dozens of high school students and University students line up just to get their daily dose of milk tea and to get a glance of the handsome tearista with in the house.

 

Chanyeol walks in and sees Sehun taking the last order, pink hair tucked in under a black hat and a name tag on. Chanyeol makes his way over to the counter, Sehun punching in orders on the ipad and doesn’t look up at his next customer.

 

“Welcome! What would you like for today?” Sehun greets the customer in his most enthusiastic voice but still sounding like a , unaware of who’s in front of him.

 

“You,” The customer beams and Sehun looks up astounded. He glares at his boyfriend for his lame joke before speaking.

 

“So the usual for today?” Sehun asks him and Chanyeol just nods.

 

The first time Chanyeol dropped by, Sehun was on cashier duty. Chanyeol have never been interested in bubble teas but he decided to try it out and that’s where he met or rather saw Sehun. The younger’s hair was still beach blonde and still in the same uniform as he’s wearing right now.

 

Since then he would drop by at least once a week ordering just so he could sit down and watch Sehun. It’s rather creepy but it’s not until two months ago that he was able to gain some confidence to finally talk to Sehun. Sometimes Sehun would take his break when Chanyeol comes in the shop and Chanyeol would stay in the cafe until closing time.

 

Sehun, Chanyeol learns is still a high school senior and he began working in the shop about four months ago because he doesn’t want to depend on his parents for everything. Chanyeol smiles and ruffles Sehun’s hair when he tells him that.

 

“Sehun-ah, I like you.” Chanyeol blurts out one day. The two were sitting down on the swings at the park when Chanyeol decided to tell him. Sehun doesn’t say anything after Chanyeol’s sudden confession. Although he’s feeling a bit nervous, Chanyeol decides he’s not going to take it back no matter what. He likes Sehun and at least he let him know about his feelings. Chanyeol gets ready to stand up when Sehun grabs his arms.

 

“So you’re going to confess without waiting for my answer?” Sehun frowns  and Chanyeol panics for a moment until Sehun’s mouth curves into a smile. “Hyung, I like you too.”

 

---




A/N: ugh school . I was going to update during the week but you know life lol i hope you all enjoy this chapter though. much longer than the previous one. hahahah please leave comments so i know what to improve on and if you like anything please let me know ;u; okay im out again