II.

Armchair

I was very much enthusiastic to have Sunny over for dinner that as early as noon I began to prepare, setting the table and everything. But the highlight of everything was the trick I was about to pull on Sunny. Henceforth, I flee to my grandmother's chest hidden underneath my bed. My grandmother, a mistress of spells, had enchanted me time and again in my childhood with the potions and spells and incantations, as well as allowed me to take part in seances and witness exorcisms commenced upon by a medium. Time and again I had been curious to learn until in my early adolescence my grandmother finally opened upp the secrets of her abilities and these secrets, I held dear. 

One of my most favorite spells was one my grandmother concocted. It was avender in color and smelled of freesia and vanilla. It had a lovely scent but a horrible spell to cast upon whoever had the misfortune to come into contact with it. The beautiful, heart shaped bottle I shook and sprayed al over the lavish armchair that I had laid out especially for tonight's  dinner. The fragrance was invigorating, very inviting. All over the chair I sprayed it from a distance so as not to be harmed. As I moved away, I saw its purple haze fading away, becoming one with the velvety fabric of the chair. I was excited. Mighty excited to see what would happen to Sunny.  In fact, I was more excited for this than the dinner itself. 

[LATER THAT NIGHT]

Sunny took quite a long time in arriving and while waiting, I tried to steer cear of the chair. I mustn't come in contact with it for it might be me who would perish, the life in me snuffed by the purple death. So I stayed clear. Surprisingly, a few minutes later, the doorbell rang. I peered through and saw Sunny, simply dressed in a cardigan anda blue frock. I allowed the young lady inside and welcomed her with a smile. 

"Good evening." said she. The smile never left my face as I escorted her to the dining area. All the while, my inner self was smirking, smirking slyly at how innocent Sunny seemed. 

"Your house is rather a fragrant one." she remarked. I smiled at her in agreement and took a seat on the chair opposite the cursed one. Sunny had no idea that she was about to meet her maker that night. 

Our dinner was simple, chicken roast and potatoes. I saw that Sunny hadn't much of an appetite as her plate wasn't filled and had only but small cuts and pieces. I also noticed such a change in her demeanour. She was once quite like her namesake, at least during the start of the dinner but towards the end, she seemed rather morose and dizzy. Was the spell finally taking effect? I hope so.

"Sunny, you seem rather faint. Is everything alright, my dear? I asked with a pretentious kind of concern. Sunny had her hands on her forehead by this time and was complaining of "seeing stars". Her face which was once a shade of pallor hadn't a hint of it, burning red all over. 

"I feel...I feel funny." she told me. I knew she coudn't quite describe what she was feeling but I  could tell she was sick and about to meet her demise. Suffocation and hyperventilation soon followed as Sunny had her hands covering seemingly choking herself, coiled around her neck. Maybe she was too unconscious to wonder why I wasn't doing anything to help and was just observing her. 

Alas, the scythe had been lowered.

Sunny fell from the chair and began convulsing violently on the floor, face red, unable to breathe, chokingwith foam forming and bubbling at the corners of . It was there that I tood up and walked gracefully over to her side. The peacock-esque gown trailing behind me glamorously as though I was the princess of death.  Sunny looked up at me helplessly and began to beg for mercy and for help. I denied it to her and watched her suffer as suffering of the oppressors delighter my oppressed soul. 

Pretty soon, Sunny was on the verge of dying when I took my foot out and stomped her stomach, leading to one final exhalataion before certain death. Watching Sunny die in the hands of the spell was a delight that I reveled in watching.