I.

Armchair

[JESSICA'S POV. WILL BE NARRATED IN THE FIRST PERSON]

 

I have felt a deep disdain, a blistering fury, a desire to annihilate her the moment I saw her. Yes, that blithe of a young lady they called Sunny Lee who had slandered my name from the day her former love latched on to me not by my will but his. Sunny felt betrayed though fair maiden never gave word of requited love to Jonghyun. Sunny, for the irony of her name, was rather gloomy the days leading up to my engagement to Jonghyun, had been spreading words with my name like wildfire. I was furious, furious I say! I knew that revenge had to be mine. 

To my face, Sunny, however was thoughtful and polite, demure at most but I know that this was but a facade which had now just been cracked. I had just broken the porcelain mask that was plastered on her face, one of doll-like quality, revealing Baphomet in its rawest. Never hath anyone done me as evil as to crush my reputation and to stomp on my pride. But I shan't fail. I shan't. 

A fine afternoon as I frolicked in the November sun which was chilly though it was at its warmest, I happened to have chanced upon Sunny who was walking rigidly like she was Pinocchio before the fairy turned him into a real boy. Rigid. Maybe she had caught a glimpse of my nearing presence, of the vengeful spirit that stirred in my bowels, proliferating and seeping through my corporeal being. Sunny knew this and like a lion smelt prey, I smelt dread. 

"My lovely dear." I said as I came up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. Sunny jerked and whipped around, frightened to see me standing behind her with an unpretentious smile on my face. I was unpretentious, truth be told. I had a sinister plan ahead which would hinder any pretentiousness from befalling me. I knew it would take effect. 

"Y-Yes?" Knowing the gravity of her sins, Sunny stammered like a little stuttering toddler. 

"Would you be so nice to join me for a reconciliation dinner tonight?" I asked politley, smile never fading. Sunny's face started to lighten and a smile came on her face as a nod followed.

"I would love to." seeing this as a form of reconciliation, she agreed. A wider smile, almost a grin, came on my face. 

"I shall see you tonight then," thus ends my interaction with her and I had hurried to the house.