The Fair

My Day at the Fair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a short shuttle ride we arrive at the fairgrounds.  "Wau!"  Both guys are as eager as the kid.

 - "We need to buy ride tickets first," I say.  Ticket prices are ridiculous.  I purchase 60 tickets as I figure there's more to do and see than just go on rides. 

Loy looks at the sign and reads:  "$100 for 200 tickets!   Who would buy 200 tickets?"

The guys are at the window next to us and we hear Jaejoong:  "200 tickets please?"

I turn to Loy:  "Evidently they do."  We both start laughing.

 - "Mworago?" Hyun Joong asks.

 - "Anieyo!"  I say, waving my hand, but still giggling.  "Where to first guys?  Rides, animals or exhibits?"

 - "Rides!"  Jaejoong says.

 - "Animals!"  Loy says.

 - "What is ‘exhibits’?" Hyun Joong asks.

 - "Omo,” I sigh, I'm in for a long day.  "Alright, I’m the tie breaker and I say animals."

 - "Ah," Jaejoong pouts.  "Ellen-ssi just sides with her son."

 - "Deh!"  Hyun Joong joins in on the teasing.

 - "Omo!  Loy is it alright if we do some rides first?"

 - "Sure!"  Thank goodness for an easy going kid.  Hyun Joong and Jaejoong hi-five each other and the kid.

Walking to the carnival area we take a look at all the rides.  Loy had been eyeing the giant Ferris wheel (gondola ride) since we got there.

 - "I want to go on that!"  Loy points.  Hyun Joong is already shaking his head.

 - "Andwae!"

 - "You jumped off a ten meter platform; this is a piece of cake."

 - "Yah Joong, you're going to let the kid be braver than you?"

 - "Shiro!"

 - "Loy, Jaejoong, grab him."  We were in front of the ride and there was no line.  Okay maybe I was being mean, but he'd relax and have fun eventually.  My two partners in crime dragged the still protesting Kim Hyun Joong into the gondola.  I can't help but laugh.  "Kim Hyun Joong-ssi, if you wanted to escape you could've easily done so already."  He shrugged his shoulders and laughed. 

Hyun Joong was starting to relax and enjoy himself.  That is, until we arrived at the Top.   - "Yah, this is freaky, why aren't we moving?"

 - "They're loading still.  I don't like this part either."

 - "Relax," Loy says.  Glad that someone is more of a scaredy-cat than him.  "It's not like we're in the open.  If we fall, we'll roll."   I don't think this was very reassuring.  Hyun Joong's eyes got very round.  I saw him grab the cross necklace he wore.

 - "Gwenchana," I reassure him and reach across to pat his shoulder.  He smiles that really cute smile.

 - "That was fun!"  Hyun Joong says now that the ride was over.

 - "Giant slide next!"  Loy announces.

 - "Alright, you guys go, I'll take pictures."  I nobly volunteer.

 - "Andwae,” Hyun Joong says.  "Ajumma can go, I'll take pictures."

 - "Hajima!"  I yell as I'm getting pulled by Jaejoong and the kid. 

Hyun Joong smiles and waves at me.  The three of us scream our heads off as we go down laughing. 

The log ride followed.  I was actually looking forward to it.  The ride looked like fun and neither Hyun Joong or I thought the drop was too steep.  He with his fear of heights and me...?  I didn't want to get wet.  It seemed we were both wrong.  The drops were bigger than they looked and the splash was much wetter.

 - "I look like a drowned rat!"  I complain as I look at my shadow.  The hair I painstakingly straightened that morning now became an unruly wave.

 - "Jeogumyo,” Hyun Joong's bad attempt to comfort me, I think.  Jaejoong and the kid are smirking.  Hyun Joong removes his hat, placing it on my head.

 - "Gomawoyo, but what about you?"  His own hair was no better than mine.  It had grown out since the end of 'Inspiring Generation' and had some serious hat head going on.  It was our turn to laugh.   He shrugged his shoulders at us.

 - "I'll buy a new one."  I really should protest, but how often in my life will I get to keep Hyun Joong's hat, sweat and all.  I smile to myself.

 - "Arraso, can I pick it out?"

 - "Anieyo!"

 - "Waeyo?"  I pout.  "You don't trust me?"

 Hyun Joong picks out a new hat, in black, of course, and the kid decides he's hungry.

 - "How about some lunch," the kid says.

 - "Begopayo?"  I ask the guys.

 - "Deh!"

 - "We brought our lunch, let’s get you guys some food and find a seat."

 - "Arraso."  The two guys respond.

We take a look or should I say 'a sniff' at the food vendors and the guys decide on barbecue.  With a giant turkey leg in one hand and a giant shish-kabob in the other, the guys are good to go.

 - "I can't believe you guys are going to eat all that,” I say.

 - "Waeyo?"  Jaejoong asks while Hyun Joong just continues to eat.  I laugh at them.

Completely stuffed from lunch we use this time to check out the animals and other exhibits.  We let the kid lead the way.  He is in his element acting as tour guide and talking with the guys.  He always wanted to adopt a teenager, I suppose this is as close to that as he was going to get.

 - "This rabbit has a double chin,” Hyun Joong points out making us all crack up.

 - "Mwo?  It does!"  It really did have a double chin.

 - "If this won 3rd place, I'd hate to see how big first place is," comments Jaejoong, making us laugh even more.

In the next room were the goats.  We passed one particularly sleepy little goat.  It was so sound asleep its head was set at the oddest angle.

 - "It looks like Joong when he sleeps."  Jaejoong says.  I couldn't resist jumping into the teasing.

 - "You're right Jaejoong.  I'm sure I've seen pictures of him like that, right down to the little bit of drool in the corner."

 - "Yah!"  Hyun Joong yells while we all laugh.

We pass by the butterfly encount

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter