Tae, Did Kookie Do That To You? (2/?)

Tae, Did Kookie Do That To You?

“Surprise!”

 

Jungkook’s eyes blinked in utter disbelief. He didn’t know how to react when he opened the door early in the morning, hair messy like the birds nest, his tooth brush still in his mouth, the toothpaste foam at the corner of his mouth threatening to drip onto the floor, his previous sleepy eyes went wide awake at the woman standing right at the doorstep of their dorm.

 

Taehyung peeked from the back of Jungkook with the others. The woman standing at the door, two huge travelling luggage at her sides all dressed in fancy look but still had that Korea theme. Her hair medium long and ebony, not a single grey hair, skin tone slightly lighter than Jungkook. Her facial appearance beautiful for her age but is definitely in her middle age.

 

Her facial features caught the members’ attentions the most because Jungkook looked so much like her. Doe eyes with cute baby fat underneath, prominent nose but smaller than Jungkook’s, lips red and thin and cute bunny teeth in display when she grinned beautifully.

 

“M-mom…?”

 

The hyungs snapped their face towards the maknae, mouth slightly opened. “MOM?”

 

The said woman pouted and faked a hurt expression. “What? Just because you’re a well-known celebrity, doesn’t make you a no-mom, young man.” Jungkook groaned in exasperation. Yup. Definitely his mom.

 

Out of the blue, Taehyung jumped forward, shocking the maknae to death when the said hyung grabbed Jungkook’s mom’s hands and flapped them up and down, face beaming happily.

 

“Yea! Jungkook’s mom! You’re here! I’ve been wanting to meet the baby’s mom for so long!” Taehyung grinned his trademark box grin and Jungkook’s expression was so priceless at the moment at the mention of the nickname, and it’s in front of his mother of all people.

 

Mrs Jeon seemed fazed by the sudden reaction from the cute young man but she burst into a small laugh. “Nice to meet you too, baby’s hyung.” Taehyung beamed more, Jungkook groaned again. The others chuckled behind.

 

“Taehyung! Kim Taehyung, ma’am.” The said brunette beamed.

 

Mrs Jeon raised an eyebrow at the familiar name. “Taehyung? As in the famous Taetae?”

 

The beautiful lady casted a knowing look at Jungkook and the maknae unconsciously blushed. Feeling flustered and panicked for the lady might slip out unwanted information, he threw the toothbrush, spit the remaining foam to the ground(ewww cue the members with disgust looks on their faces), wipe off his mouths using the hem of his shirt and screamed with an all too bright tone.

 

“Mom!” He successfully karate-chop the locking hands of Taehyung and Mrs Jeon before hugging the woman, tearing her away from Taehyung.

 

“Mom, you’re here! Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” Jungkook said, voice successfully imitated the happy tone similar to that of Taehyung’s, acting as if he’s thrilled to the brim at the surprise arrival of his mother.

 

His mother, knowing exactly what her beloved son was up to, acted along and laughed. “Surprise, didn’t I tell you?” Mrs Jeon patted her son’s back and closed her eyes, secretly feeling the warmth of her son’s body in her embrace she had been missing for the past few months already.

 

“How’s my big baby? You’re okay?” Jungkook groaned again at the nickname and pulled away but arms still around his mother. “Mom, seriously. You people should stop calling me that.” He mumbled, practically to everybody. Despite the seriousness in his tone, the visible pout on his lips compltely betrayed him and the others snickered at the effort.

 

The mother smiled and flicked his forehead, earning a hiss from the ravenette. “You’re still a baby for me. Remember that I’m still your mother, young man. And it’s nice seeing you too after 5 months not being home, Jeon Jungkook.”

 

The youngest of them all blushed at the realization of his own behavior and apologized softly to his mother. The others gawked a bit because the power of a woman and a mother. Even to the hyungs the maknae had never straightforwardly apologize for his wrong doings . Never get on the bad side of women. Never.

 

“Err…These are the hyungs of my group, mom. Hyungs, say hi.” Jungkook, still flustered and dazed by his mother’s surprise visit awkwardly extended a hand towards the olders.

 

“Hello, Jungkook’s mom!” They all waved at the middle-aged yet youth looking woman cheerfully, despite their morning looks and still sleepy states.

 

“Hello, everyone.” Mrs Jeon waved at the same motion as their hands, eyes turning crescent as she smiles widely. “Hello again!” Taehyung chirped. She chuckled at the unusual yet cute behavior of the older than Jungkook’s hyung. “Hello to you to again, Taehyung-sshi.”

 

She glanced at her son. Unbeknown to all of them, except for Jungkook of course, a small knowing smirk tugged at the corner of her lips and her eyebrows raised in a millisecond short, a pungent alarm for Jungkook and the ravenette gulped.

 

Oh no. Should have known.

 

“Well, everyone. Not trying to be impolite for I’m the guest here but shouldn’t you help me with the luggage?” The black haired lady pointed towards the bag with a gentle warm smile. The others snapped from their hazy conditions and immediately scrambled on their feet, strings of incoherent apologizes slipped out of their mouths as they fight over who should bring the luggage and who’s going to the honored lady.

 

And the said lady let out a small laugh while Jungkook, in the background, slapped his forehead and grunts for the rest of their way to the living room.

 

After setting the luggage besides the wall, they all sat on their respective seats, but Jungkook (who had run to the bathroom and rinsed his mouth in a good five seconds before running back to them) and Taehyung, being the two youngest in the group, sat on the floor on crossed legs in order to give space for the mother to sit in the sofa; where their usual seats are.

 

“So errr… Mrs—” Namjoon begin.

 

“It’s Mrs Jeon, by the way.” The said lady smiled. Namjoon grinned good naturedly and cleared his throat before he speaks again, “What brings you here?”

 

“Well, I’m in my three day holidays. My husband’s out in a business trip for the week and I’m all alone in home so I thought maybe I could spend the time with my son and his friends.” Mrs Jeon looked expectedly at the boys, a sudden blankness came in her eyes.

 

“Or am I not invited here?” Her tone of voice which was before all gentle and happy was now dripping with sudden sadness and despair, face expression darkening.

 

The rest (excluding Jungkook who knew better of her act) panicked and waved their hands in an ‘x’ motion in front of their faces vigorously.

 

“No! No no no! Not at all. You’re not a bother. Not at all, Mrs Jeon!” They half-yelled in unison, all panicking and frustrated at the thoughts of hurting a lady’s and also a mother’s feeling right after they met. Not cool, man. Not cool.

 

Mrs Jeon’s dark expression dispersed into its previous cheerfulness and gentle look before she laughed. “No, no. Of course not. I was just kidding.” The others sighed in relief whereas Jungkook kept his poker face on. Unbelievable. He thought.

 

“So, if that’s the case then, how long will you stay?” Jin’s turn to ask, big doe eyes in view. Mrs Jeon took a moment to drink in the young man’s facial features.

 

He really is the mother figure of the group with that big kind eyes and gentle face. She mused mentally. She wonders just exactly how the 23 years old man teaches Jungkook when he swears. Is it just how she reacts when the youngest cursed (yes, she did some—lots actually, research on the group like I mean, come on, her son’s cooperating with that group)

 

“Not long. Just two days short.”

 

“Two days? That short??” Taehyung suddenly whined, a pout resting on his lips afterwards. He had just thought of the things he wanted to do when spending the rest of his free time with the lady, after all, she is Jungkook’s mother. He had been wondering how his mother would look like and did Jungkook took down her personality.

 

Jungkook, on the other hand, was sighing in relief at the announcement because mom can be quite open with people whom she had just met, especially when that people is my friends.

 

The ravenette cringed at the memory of one of his Busan friend’s meeting with his mother. It did NOT went good.

 

“Yea, tops. Anyways. This little guy over here doesn’t like the idea of me staying with his friends too long.” Mrs Jeon pinched Jungkook’s nose playfully and the offended male scoots away from her hands, grumbling something under his breath with an almost invisible blush on his cheeks.

 

“Eh? Why is that?” Taehyung leaned near him with a confused look on his face and Jungkook just sighed. “You boys must have known just how rarely he calls me. Unlike Seokjin over here.” Seokjin’s head perked upwards at the sudden mention of his name. Mrs Jeon smiled warmly at him.

 

“That’s very nice of you. Keeping in touch with your mother for hours even if it’s unconfidential.” Seokjin grinned sheepishly at the comment and stiffled his chuckle behind his hand like the usual. Namjoon (cue the abashed Jungkook) on the other hand seemed to sink in his seat at the comment from the older lady.

 

Namjoon hadn’t been in contact with his mother for almost two weeks now (usually he would send a call at least once a week but because of the tight schedule and all the works and responsibilities he didn’t have the time.). He felt bad for his mother who must be worrying herself out just because of her ungrateful child. He made a mental note to contact the old lady later on.

 

“Yea, well, Seokjin hyung’s a nice umma’s boy. Right, hyung?” Yoongi playfully patted the older on the back, receiving a glare and a pout from the said male which of course just amused them even further.

 

“Shut up.” Mrs Jeon chuckled, feeling warm at the friendly and comfortable interactions between the seven boys.

 

“So, mom. Did you tell manager hyung-nim bout’ this? This whole little trip of yours?” Jungkook asked, waving his hands around to indicate the huge luggage. “Of course I did, silly. Not telling him this before hand would definitely caused you all trouble. Why do you I knew about your day offs, hmm? ” Jungkook nodded his head briefly.

 

His attention was quickly directed towards Taehyung when the said male nudged at his rib to gain his attention. Jungkook leaned near him sideway and the older leaned near, placing a hand beside his mouth to whisper into Jungkook’s awaiting ear. The younger listened focusedly, nodding at every words the older said before somewhere in between those lines, something intrigued him and his eyes widen with interest. He looked at his hyung, parting his lips in silent awe and Taehyung giggled in agreement before they both leaned near each other again, Jungkook listening in pure concetration and Taehyung whispering excitedly.

 

Mrs Jeon watched the two boys silently, smiling secretly to herself as she sees how her son’s eyes glitters, fingers twitching with excitement at whatever the new information he gained from the other. Just then, Jungkook suddenly snatched Taehyung’s hand into his, eyes staring in disbelieving shock. Taehyung responded with an eager nod, grinning that cute box grin of his that Mrs Jeon found so endearing when she looked at a picture of him grinning happily beside a shy smiling Jungkook.

 

Mrs Jeon tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, trying to hide the oblivious smile threatening to split her face. She had never seen her son so happy and bright, eyes so wide adoration and love aside being with her and her husband before. This is a huge pleasant surprise for her, to say the least. She hadn’t expected for someone to have so much affect on her son in such a short period, let alone now.

 

Then again, one of the main reasons she’s there was to see the said bubbly boy herself.

 

_______________________

okay, it's short. well it's written in a hurry and this is just a cover-up for everything once i can get back to it after my writer's block so....huhu...I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY ANYMORE