II.

please don't go. please don't move.

now playing

I sighed and stretched as the lunch bell rang, indicating that it was time for..well, LUNCH. Jaebum, who conveniently became my desk partner, nudged me with a grin, gesturing towards Hyemin and Jinyoung.
Jinyoung, a natural woman-slayer despite his sometimes idiotic character, was chatting up his new desk-partner, a new transfer student.
Or rather, SHE was chatting HIM up.
According to what Jaebum had told me earlier, this should have enraged Hyemin, but she simply got up, grabbed Jaebum's arm and smiled at me.
"I'm gonna have to borrow him, is that alright?" she gave me a subtle wink. Although it sounded more like a command than a question, I complied with a nod, stifling a laugh. "He's all yours."
Glancing at Jinyoung, I took note of his charming smile as it melted away slowly while he watched the two exit the room. I hid a smile.
"Jung Hyemin, you sneaky girl."
I decided to leave before Jinyoung attacked me with an interrogation session, taking my phone, lunch box, and notes with me. The school was still unfamiliar to me, so with hopes of finding my own secluded place, I took my leave hurriedly.
I wandered around blindly for a while, stopping every so often to chat with a fellow classmate, before I found myself in front of a door labeled "Library." I smiled in satisfaction. "Classic."
I entered quietly, surprised when I found it to be completely empty.
A bit puzzled, I cautiously walked towards the back wall, where a window was spread, showing the view of the soccer fields.
I slowly took a seat and began to open my things. I unwrapped my lunch while scanning through my notes, when suddenly....
"Ughh...."
I yelped softly, jumping slightly as I whipped around to see another student lying on the windowsill further down the line. Before I could say or think anything, he sat up and scratched his head. "Do you know what time it is?" he grumbled.
"E-excuse me?" I stammered in response.
The guy sighed, still half asleep, and made his way towards me. I watched as he took the seat across from me and slowly opened his eyes. I blinked, staring straight into them as he repeated his words. "I said, do you know what time it is?"
Checking my watch, I furrowed my eyebrows. "Um..12:45? Lunch time?" I replied. The student chuckled softly before shaking his finger at me. "No, no, no. Right now is 12:45. Jackson's nap time."
I blinked. "You must be crazy." 
When I started to collect the things, "Jackson" widened his eyes and grabbed my wrist. "A-aniya! I'm not weird, I promise!" 
He made a face. "Don't make me seem like I'm a ert or a creep or something."
I raised an eyebrow. "You do a very good job at making it seem like you are," I pulled my wrist away before applauding him. "Congratulations."
Jackson narrowed his eyes before glancing at my nametag. "You're a first year student, aren't you?"
I crossed my arms. "Yes, I am. What's your point?"
He shook his head. "Aigoo, you first year students. Y'all get sassier and sassier as the years go by."
I rolled my eyes. "You've only been here for like, a year." 
He tilted his head. "How did you know..."
I made a face at him before looking away. "That's not the point," I turned back to face him. "The point is, why are you creeping on people at the library?"
Jackson returned the look with a scoff. "Excuse me, but you disrupted my beautiful nap time. With your...your...presence!"
"Mmm. Your reasoning is so amazing." I retorted. Jackson grunted before standing. "Yah! Why aren't you respecting your oppa!?"
I looked up at him. "Oppa my ..." I mumbled as I picked up my things and started for the door. 
"HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE. I'M NOT DONE JUSTIFYING MYSELF. STOP!"

Ignoring the protests of the stranger, I grumbled softly. "If you hadn't done anything wrong,  there'd be nothing to justify."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark POV:
I tossed the baseball up and down as I looked down at the sports fields. I hummed softly along to my favorite song at the time. Crush's Hug Me.
I chuckled softly to myself. Love. Hm.
I sighed before picking myself out of my seat. "Where is this punk?"
Placing my baseball back into my desk, I slipped my hands into my pockets and scanned the hallways before realizing that Jackson found a new nap spot this year.
'Ahh~' I smirked before turning on my heel and walking towards the library. Peeking in, I saw a very unhappy Jackson.
"Yo, what's with the long face?" I smiled and lightly tapped his shoulder. He ran his fingers through his hair. "She was too much for me..." he huffed. I raised an eyebrow and pulled out the chair across from him. "She? Your attractive freshman to hit on or what?"
He sighed with a nod. "I found her."
I stifled my grin. "Continue."
Jackson straightened up and looked at me with an excited gleam in his eye. "She was so...I don't know. She's kinda.." he grinned and leaned in. "Sassy and hard to get, if you know what I mean."
I laughed and punched him. "Pfft, you loser."
He shrugged. "Hey, guys DO like the chase. It's a known fact."
Shaking my head, I stood back up and gestured towards the door. "Whatever you say, Jackson. But for now, let's focus on lunch. Okay?"
Jackson gave me a look. "Dude, you know I never eat lunch."
I chuckled before whispering. "She might be there."
Immediately, he stood up and gave me an "I-got-you" grin.
Rolling my eyes with a smile, I followed his now-excited self.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<3