I.

please don't go. please don't move.

now playing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1994. March 14.

Snow was falling lightly today...it looked so beautiful and clean.
Dongjoon-shi and I were planning to go out for a date. We hadn't gone on one for ages, ever since we had both Byul and Minwoo. Luckily, my sister offered to take the kids for the afternoon, and we were able to spend some time together. As soon as I finished at the office, I heard the bell ring, indicating that another patient had come in. It was 4:15, and I planned to meet Dongjoon-shi at 4:30, but I figured that since this was work, he would understand. I looked out the small window, where the secretaries sat and greeted the patient with much vigor. My first thought was that it was a pretty-boy. After all, the secretaries were almost fresh out of college. I remember telling the nurses to immediately bring the patient in, since I had no other patients on my schedule. I went to grab the materials needed for the check-up, when I suddenly heard one of the nurses call for me. "Dr. Kim!"
Her voice sounded frantic, so I rushed out the front, nearly having a heart attack when I saw my husband with his way-too-familiar mischievous grin painted across his face.
"Excuse me, Dr. Kim. I'm feeling something odd in my heart. I guess you could say it feels like...love?"
'Of course.' I had thought. 'My husband is still as cheesy as he was 14 years ago.'
He had brought with him, not only his being, but a bouquet of flowers. 
Just as he had confessed to me, those short 14 years ago.
White day.
A smile spread across my face as I accepted the bouquet, with a small crowd of people watching.
A replay of how we became each other's destiny.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blinked as I was met with a journal entry titled 'March 23'
"What, that's it? No explanation of how I was born? No other thoughts?" I mumbled with slight dissatisfaction. I slumped over and sighed before picking myself off the attic floor and climbing down to meet reality. 
Today was March 3rd, and my first day as a high schooler.
I peered into my sister, brother, then parent's rooms, respectively. As expected, no one was here to send me off.
Nothing new. My mother was probably driving to her office, with my brother, who was now working for her, in tow.
My father would be with my sister, making she starts another year splendid year in college with the right heart and mind. 
I smiled slightly, happy that my parents were still the same. The fact comforted me, rather.
Sighing, I entered my bedroom before washing up, changing into my uniform, and grabbing my bag. 
High School. The struggle begins.
I made my way into the kitchen where I saw a small lunchbox with a note on top of it.
"Good morning Haneul! The sky clear and bright, just as you are. Congratulations on your first day as a high schooler. Have a lovely first day, and don't forget to eat! With love, your whole family."
I rolled my eyes with a laugh before placing the lunch box in my bag and pinning the note on my bulletin board. It was already covered with identical ones, accumulated over the years. Grabbing an apple, I bit into it as I closed the door to our house.
As expected, the day was brisk and clear, like my mother had said. Smiling, I slipped my earphones into my ears and played Reply 1994's OST. It made me feel rather nostalgic for some reason. It made me feel the love between my parents.
I know, I know. I was a sappy, cheesy littlne child, but what could I say? It ran in the genes.
After walking for a while, I arrived in front of the school. I searched the crowd for familiar faces, overwhelmed by the number of people that were in my class. 
"Lee Haneul!" I heard a voice call for me. Turning, I saw the familiar faces of Jaebum, Jinyoung, and my best friend, Hyemin.
I felt the weight of what felt to be 200 kg lift off my shoulders.
"Hey guys! How are you?" I smiled in pure relief. Jinyoung ruffled my hair. "YAH. We tried to contact you so many times during break, and you didn't even bother to respond. What were you hiding from us, eh?"
Hyemin punched him. "I told you she was in the States. Goodness, do you ever listen?"
Jinyoung widened his eyes. "Really? What for?" Jaebum punched him from the other side. "She goes almost every year, babo. She was born there, remember?"
Jinyoung's expression had surprise written all over it. "Wow~ Really?"
I lifted my fist threateningly before poking his forehead. "I can't even tell if you're kidding, anymore."
Jaebum smiled and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Cheer up, buttercup. You know how that idiot is."
I laughed slightly before nodding. "Alright, alright." We continued walking, ignoring Jinyoung's protests.
Looking up at Jaebum, I whispered. "So, exactly why are you doing this?" I gestured to the unfamiliar skinship. He stifled a laugh and bit his lip. "Over break, you missed quite the story." 
I raised an eyebrow. "Enlighten me."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark POV:
"Mark. Mark Tuan. Earth to Mark." Jackson pulled my propped up arm out from under my chin and waved his hand in front of my face. "Hey, are you alright? You seem kinda out of it." I waved him away. "I'm fine, don't worry." 
He peered out the window before laughing. "What, are you checking out the new freshmen?" 
I looked over at him. "Seriously?"
Jackson raised his hands in defense. "Hey, it was a joke. But really, you never know. I heard there ARE a lot of pretty girls in the upcoming--"
I shook my head and decided to shut him out. "Jackson, only you..." I mumbled before lying my head down.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
First chapter is up! I know, it seems to drag a bit. However this is just the introduction chapter. Hope you all continue to support it.
Leave any thoughts or comments behind. I'd love to hear what you think.

With my love, 
savemylove <3