Trapped in an Elevator

Trapped

It was a snowy day in Korea when Henry decided to go and visit a friend for the weekend, he wanted it to be a surprise so he didn't bother calling before he goes. He stopped by the mart to get a few stuff then he headed straight for his friend's house. He stopped at the front door to get off the snow off his clothes and then he got in the front door and went in the elevator; at the corner, he saw a girl with groceries. He asked what floor she is and she replied "There are only two floors here" 

"Right, yeah... my bad" he said as he pressed 2. On the way up, there was a loud clanking sound and then it happened. The elevator stopped and the only light left is a hanging bulb seeping thru the tiny space at the second floor. "We're so close" she said "Don't worry, my friend lives here. He can call a mechanic or something" he said as he dialed his friend
"Yo Henry"
"Hyung! Hey I'm at your place, I'm stuck in the elevator can you ring in a mechanic... Please?"
"Are you okay? I'm not at home right now, I'm stuck here at the ski resort. All the roads are not passable, really thick snow. I'll try and contact a mechanic okay? You just stay put"
"Okay.. thanks hyung" he said and dropped the call
"He's not home..." he said
"Great.. and I decided to leave my phone in the house" she said, sitting on the floor. Henry tried calling everyone but all their answers are the same, they can't go because of the thick snow. He sighed and sat, he got a can of beer and offered it to the lady "Beer?" He asked, but she just looked at him, hesitating if she should accept his offer.
"Don't worry, no poison. Besides I bought a case of that so if it's fatal, I'll be dead as well" he said with a smile
"Thanks" she then said, accepting the can
"No Problem" he replied. The two drank in silence for a while, filling the room with awkward silence. They just smiled at each other, making sure that they're at a fair distance. The silence broke when Henry's phone rang "Hello?"
"Henry-ah"
"Kyuhyun Hyung!"
"Yah, I'm really sorry. I can't hold of a mechanic. Everyone isn't able to travel today but they promised that they'd try as soon as the snow melts"
"Okay hyung, thanks" he said and hung up. He looked at the lady and said "Sorry, no mechanic". She just nodded and drank her beer. 

Few hours passed and Henry is bored to death, he looked at the girl who was kinda talking to herself. "I'm Henry by the way. Thought I'd introduced myself if we're gonna be stuck here for a while" he said with a smile
"Hi Henry... I'm Chaerin"
"Nice name..."
"Thanks"
"So, Chaerin.. what do you do?"
"I'm a student, Fashion Design"
"Wow.. Do you uhm make your own clothes?"
"When I have time, Yes"
"Did you make the one you're wearing right now?" he asked, followed by him gulping beer
"Sort of, I re-vamped my old clothes that were too big for me"
"Cool"
"Thanks" she said then added "You?"
"What about me?"
"What do you do?"
"Oh.. I'm a student as well. Music Major"
"So you can sing? What do you play?"
"Kinda, yes And I play violin, piano and guitar. but I'm using violin as my main instrument"
"Do you write? Songs, I mean"
"Sometimes"
"Can I hear you sing one of them? if uhm... if that's okay with you.."
"Yeah, sure" he said. Henry then cleared his throat and sang a line from his own composition. Chaerin's attention was on him and when he finished, she clapped and said "Bravo!"
"Nah, I'm not that good of a singer. You haven't heard my hyung sing yet, he's much better than me"
"Your song sounds good... Do you have a title yet?" She asked, drinking beer
"1-4-3. I haven't finished it yet but.. it's almost there" he said. The two were talking more comfortably now, they didn't even realize that so much time has passed. The space between them grew smaller as time goes, they were sitting close to each other now hat they forgot about the fact that they are indeed trapped in an elevator.

The night grew deeper but they weren't out of things to talk about. Henry found out that Chaerin sings for fun and that Henry is a big Disney kid, Chaerin almost squealed when he said it "OH MY GOD! So am I!! I love Minnie Mouse!!!" she said, almost filling the entire space with her voice. "Really now? You'll never guess who I like...but I think you'll have an idea" Henry said, letting out a laugh.
"Is it Mickey Mouse?" she asked, all excited. Henry then looked at her, finished his beer and nodded. The two laughed and then Chaerin rest her head on the wall, then closed her eyes and smiled. She then felt hands moving her head "You can rest your head on my shoulder, I don't mind" He said so softly. And so she did, not even hesitating for a second. She then took a deep breath and said "You know, after living here for so long... This is the first time I got stuck in this elevator". 
"Isn't it ironic, I've been going here for the past months and this is the first time I get stuck here as well" he said, letting out a laugh. He reached for another can of beer and opened it, he sipped all the bubbles off. He looked at Chaerin and when he saw her eyes closed he started to sing. He sang 1-4-3 in a much slower beat and without him noticing, Chaerin begins to open her eyes and listen. Her eyes were looking at his side features and she realized that "He isn't so bad"; her thoughts were complimenting Henry silently, Her thoughts were saying how his voice sounds so angelic, and how he has that charming factor when he sings.

Henry then turned his head and caught Chaerin looking at him. "Is there something wrong?" he asked
"No" she said, straightening herself up and fixing her hair "I uhm..." she started to say before she fidgeted. "I uhm..." he tried again, breathing deeply "I think you have a lovely voice" she said, closing her eyes and scooted a few inches away from him. Henry then let out a laugh, he looked down and thanked her for the compliment. Once again, they were silent. The silence was longer this time; the two were stealing glances at each other, smiling at the other person when one was caught. Henry then decided to give his eyes a rest, he leaned back and closed them; he then heard the faintest voice ever but then it grew louder as he remained silent. He listened to the tone of her voice and recognized the song, he then sang with her for a few lines and then they just stared at each other. He admired everything about her face, the light is surprisingly making her look like a fallen angel; her long blonde hair was shining and her eyes were sparking. Henry then just leaned in and kissed her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me" He said. Chaerin was still in the corner, hugging her knees. "I'm sorry, I really didnt mean to.. It's just that..."
"That we're alone and that no one will know what you'll do to me?" she hissed
"It's not that. I'm not that kind of person"
"Really? So you giving me beer wasn't part of your plan to take advantage of me?" she asked again
"Yes... I mean ... No. I gave you a can because I thought you're thirsty."
"Yeah, Right"
"Look I just did that because..." he started, then trailed off
"Because?"
"Because you're just so damn beautiful Okay? The light was shining off your hair and it looked like you had golden hair okay and that your eyes sparkled and you sound like one of those angels that sang when the heavens would open... and... and I know I wont see you again after this so I just did it and I don't plan on harassing you or something. I'm not that kind of guy" Henry blurted out. Before Chaerin could say anything, the elevator then started to move and Henry opened the manual door the moment it landed on the second floor. He didnt't speak and just waited for the other person to move. Chaerin then picked up her groceries and walked out the elevator. Henry then closed it and it went down, Chaerin could only watch as he disappeared from her vision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the incident at the elevator, she asked the owner of the building if they can build a staircase, they then told her "We have one at the end of the hall way miss, the emergency exit is always open"
"Oh" was the only thing she said. Afraid that the elevator might stop again, she decided to use the stairs after that. Every time she sees the elevator on her way out, she remembers what happened that night, or was it day; she remembered him kissing her, his voice and his smile. She wanted to see him again but fate isn't really on her side, she left for semestral break with him in her thoughts. She took one last look at the elevator, sighed and left for home. She had a peaceful break, she hung out with her friends, spent some time with her family and just relaxed.

Before she returned to her place, she pledged that she would never think of him nor even try to think about him, but once again fate played with her.