Rich Boy 7

Farm Boy

She was in her midnight-blue dress. Its tail flowed behind her as she walked to the door. WooHyun was in dressed in black from head to toe. The only thing that looked out of place was his red tie. Was the theme red? Were there themes for wealthy social parties? She suddenly changed her mind. Maybe she should stay home. Her self-esteem, confidence, and excitement began to fade.

“I knew it,” WooHyun said with a smirk. She noticed that he has been smirking a lot the last few hours they’ve been together. “Let’s go,” he quickly changed the topic. His eyes would look at the mirror and secretly glance at her. Her whole body was frozen; stiff, even looked like she was trying hard not to breathe.

The car stopped in front of a glass building. There was nothing but a fancy “Welcome” sign imprinted on the door. She saw through the glass door; women dressed in black with make-up brushes in their hands rushed from one end of the room to the other. He led her inside and told her to sit on an unoccupied chair. She was in a beauty salon—no, it was more than a beauty salon. Half an hour later she walked out of the building with a simple but stunning look. Flawless but natural make-up lightened her face, her hair was straighten and swept behind one ear, and her dressed was exchanged for a new red dress.

The two didn’t exchange words until they got to the car. Her eyes drifted from the window to his profile. “Thank you.”

“Hmm?” he glanced at her, “Oh, no problem,” he said quickly, eyes on the road. Why was he like this? Did she look bad? She felt suffocated from the awkwardness.

They arrived at the party hall. Chanyeol and a girl stood by the doors waiting for them. “WHOA JIN AH! Is that really you?” Chanyeol couldn’t keep his mouth close. He stared in awe.

“Is it that bad?” she asked quietly.

“Bad? No! You look great! Right, WooHyun?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah.” He avoided eye contact with her. Chanyeol introduced his “friend” before they head inside. The sound of classical music came from the piano which sat in the center of the room. Tables were placed in the farther end of the room, next to the rows of food. The closer part of the room, by the door, was cleared so people could socialize and dance.

“WooHyun!” a pitchy voice yelled from among the crowd. A tiny figure approached WooHyun, “Omo. Oppa, you still go to these events? I haven’t seen you since last year.” Whoever this girl is, everything about her screamed “RICH”.

“Somi, how’ve you been?” WooHyun beamed a smile at her.

Jin Ah slowly walked away from them and got closer to the center of the room. She was mesmerized by the pianist. As he finishes his piece, he lifted his head and stared at her. “Jin Ah, there you are.” A familiar voice approached from behind.

“The pianist is cute,” she nudged WooHyun’s arm.

“He’s gay,” he whispered in her ear.

“Really?! We could be friends then,” she said while checking out the boy one last time.

WooHyun stood behind her, grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her to where he wanted to go. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” They entered a dark hallway.

“Hey,” she turned around,” tell me where we’re going. I don’t know you too well; you could be a . You’ve been acting weird since we left the beauty salon.” His hands were still on her shoulder. There was no reaction. His eyes just pierced hers.

“BWAHAHAHA. How could you think of such a thing,” his laughing continued. “You’re so cute,” he said under his laughs.

“You’re not so bad yourself,”

Whoa. That was meant to stay in her mind. That was NOT for him to hear. He stopped laughing and just stared at her. “Uh, what I’m saying is—,” He pulled her into him, into the darkness.

“Shh, someone will see us,” he whispered. The sound of lonely footsteps approached their way. It stopped.

“Chanyeol, come help me with this!”

“Coming!” the footsteps ran away.

“That was Chanyeol. We didn’t have to hide,”

“I wanted to show you my secrete place but that all ended when you called me a ,”

“Isn’t this considering ?” She asked, still in his embrace.

“No. I’m giving you the choice to smack me and ran off,” he loosed his embrace and stare at her.

Lifting her hand, she felt the back of his neck. She gently pulled his neck down so he’d he at eye level. “Why are you doing this? You confuse me,” she whispered.

“Because I’m interested,”

“In?”

“You.”


A/N:

That's it guys~ I have to admit I didn't think deeply enough about character and plot. I honestly took a trip I experienced and made it into some kind of romance. Thank you for reading (even if it was only 1 paragraph)! See you next time~