My Annoying Neighbour

Under Zico-ism. (Updated one-shot : PARROT)

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA~” Jiho throws back his head and laughs out loud. He is obviously pleased with Sooyoung’s roar.

 

-Man, that roar is ‘y’, he comments to himself before laughing out loud again.

 

Just as he is still enjoying the immense pleasure of bullying his neighbor, Mrs Woo is back from her grocery shopping.

 

“Gosh, what are you doing son?” Mrs Woo shouts over the loud music, “I can hear you rapping from 5 blocks away! This is no way to use the speakers!”

 

“Who cares,” Jiho smirks, “As long as I get to irritate Sooyoung.”

 

“Are you too bored?” Mrs Woo gives a look of disapproval.

 

“Point exactly, mum,” Jiho smirks again, “Irritating that girl is fun.”

 

“Can’t agree with you son, she’s such a lovely girl!”

 

“Geez but you should have seen her pissed face just now, BUAHAHAHA,” Jiho throws back his head and laugh again.

 

“Just why won’t you leave her alone?”

 

“No way!” Jiho grins.

 

To his surprise, instead of reprimanding him for his immaturity, Mrs Woo laughs, “Oh dear son, has it ever occurred to you that you might have fallen in love with Sooyoung?”

 

-?!!!

 

“W-WHAT?!!!”

 

- why am I stuttering, he curses under his breath.

 

Mrs Woo laughed, “Don’t you realize, you enjoy bullying her since young? But you would never allow anyone else to bully her. Still remember you got into a fight just to protect from the bullies in school. Man, you looked damn bad back then.”

 

“B-but b-but that’s because you ask me to take care of her. We are neighbours so I guess we are acquaintances…?”

 

“Oh whatever you say,” Mrs Woo laughs, “But why are you stuttering?”

 

“I-I… I…” he is at a loss for words, “Aish, I’m going to 7-eleven to get a can of coke!”

 

Hurriedly, he grabs his money and leaves the house with a bright pink face.

 

\

 

That night, Jiho could not sleep.

 

The thought of himself falling in love with Sooyoung is disturbing.

 

As in, he has never, ever thought this way.

 

He merely thinks that it’s fun to bully his fellow neighbor.

 

At least, that’s how he feels for the past 15 years since his family moved here when he was 5.

 

.

.

.

 

Fallen in love with that girl?

 

No way, his mind defends;

 

Yet, this notion has already gotten his heart racing like a crazy bull.

 

\

 

Jiho finally fell asleep at 4am.

 

But before long he’s awaken by the sound of the doorbell.

 

Damn, who’s here so early on a Sunday morning.

 

Groaning, he checks the alarm clock. It’s only 7:30 am.

 

, he feels like killing whoever is at the door. It was a mad night for him; he isn’t appreciating a visit from someone who woke him up from his beauty sleep.

 

Grrrr he chatters his teeth angrily as he pushes open the door violently. But as soon as he hears the voice of the supposedly-irritating-person he stands rooted to ground;

 

God, that’s the sweetest voice on earth, he thought.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

But just five seconds later, he is anchored back to earth by his defensive mind.

 

Are you crazy, Woo Jiho?! Wake up!!!

 

Nonono I must be mean to her, I must be!

 

Taking in deep breaths, he walks down the staircase, trying to look nonchalant.

 

\

 

“Oh Sooyoung ah! Come on in,” Mrs Woo smiles as she invites me into the house.

 

“Morning, Mrs Woo,” I greet, returning her smile.

 

“Ah, what a sweetie,” She gives me a hug and beckons me to sit at the dining table. “Look, I have prepared your favourite chicken ham and egg sandwich.”

 

“Awww,” I smile and hug Mrs Woo, “Thank you Mrs Woo. You’re so lovely.”

 

 Mrs Woo chuckles, “No problem, darling.”

 

Just as I think I will be a good mood for the whole day because of Mrs Woo’s sweetness, someone just has to be the my mood spoiler.

 

“Look who’s grossing me out in the morning already,” Woo Jiho smirks as he walks down the staircase and takes a seat right opposite me.

 

Geez.

 

The smile on my face disappears right away. Ignoring him, I pick up my sandwich and start munching on it.

 

“Jiho! Don’t be rude,” Mrs Woo gives a look of disapproval, “Say hi to Sooyoung.”

 

“Hi pissy girl,” he greets as he sticks his tongue out at me.

 

Grrrrrr. I’m so going to explode soon…!!!

 

Unable to take it anymore, I kick him hard under the table and he immediately yell out loud in pain. Exaggeratingly he topples himself over as he grabs onto his shin.

 

“Yes!” I cheer –in my mind of course- as I flash him a victory sign.

 

To my surprise Mrs Woo laughs when she sees Woo Jiho rolling on the floor in exaggeration. Instead of blaming me, she gives me a thumbs-up sign.

 

“Mom!” Woo Jiho stops in position and stare before complaining like a kid, “She kicked me under the table!”

 

“But you deserve it! Don’t think I’m oblivious to how you always bully Sooyoung. The speakers are for music and not noise. For being so mean to Sooyoung, I’m going to deduct the two thousand dollars for the speakers from your pocket money.

 

“?!!!” Woo Jiho stares at Mrs Woo in disbelief. “Mom! You can’t do this to me! You promised the speakers are for my birthday!!!”

 

“Too bad, I’m taking them back.”

 

“But I’m going to go hungry for at least two years if I have no pocket money!” Woo Jiho gives a T_T face and I literally laugh out loud.

 

 

“More like you have no money to go underground rapping for the next two months! That’s good now you can help out with the household chores at home since I’m going away on a business trip with your dad for the next two months!”

 

“What?!! That means I have no lunch at home either?! What’s going to happen to me?!” His eyes widen in horror.

 

“I don’t know, darling.” Mischievously, Mrs Woo shows an innocent expression.

 

“?!!!”

 

\

 

Sure enough Mrs Woo wasn’t kidding about the business trip because Mr Woo and her took the flight to Australia just one week ago. But she was of course kidding about letting Woo Jiho go hungry. Just a day before Mrs Woo left for Australia, she came over to my house and gave me two hundred bucks. They are for Jiho, just in case he is really in need in money. Of course Mrs Woo wasn’t as heartless as to starve her son for the next two months.

 

Irritatingly enough, the crazy rapping goes on and I pretty much could no longer stay at home but I have to, in case that dude starves to death at home.

 

Just too bad I’ve promised Mrs Woo that I will ‘take care’ of that annoying neighbor.

 

So, anyway, to shut out the loud music I am listening to my mp3 in the garden and reading a book.

 

Just as the story is reaching the , Woo Jiho that idiot –just has to- walk past my house…

 

Umm no, kinda crawl past my house I mean.

 

I stare, and pull out my earpieces. Indeed, the rapping has stopped, (of course it has cuz Woo Jiho is just outside my house right now -.-). But the other reason is, Woo Jiho looks sorta sickly so even though I want to continue my novel so badly, I put it down anyway and jog to my gate.

 

‘Woo Jiho!’

 

He stops. Looking up he stares back at me. As I near him, I see that his hand is on his tummy. Seems like he is having a bad tummy ache or something like that.

 

‘Hmm?’

 

God, something is really wrong with him. Usually he will call me ‘ugly’ or ‘pissy girl’, and now he is ‘hmm-ing’  me?

 

“Yah, Woo Jiho, are you okay?” upon seeing his sickly face, my tone softens.

 

Weakly he nods, “Yup.”

 

But it isn’t at all convincing.

 

“You sure?” I ask again, then I place my hand –without his permission- on his forehead, “Are you running a fever? You look so pale!”

 

Surprised by my sudden act of kindness and niceness, he steps back slightly and stares at me before turning pink, “W-what what are you doing…?”

 

“What what I’m doing?” I repeat his question, clearly amused, (is he an idiot or what?), “Checking if you’re having a fever of course! But you seem fine! Eh wait why are you looking so red? Are you really having a fever?”

 

“N-no no! I-I I’m fine!” he stutters.

 

“But…” I wanted to continue but his sudden moan shocks me.

 

“Ahhhh!!!” he groans and bends over with his hand over his abdomen.

 

“Are you okay Woo Jiho?!” I ask, shocked by his painful expression.

 

“I-I…”

 

From the look of it, it looks like he’s having gastric pain. I used to have it in when I was too busy with college. Then I realize it might have been because he hasn’t been eating; he has no money you see.

 

“Gastric?”

 

Hesitantly, he nods.

 

“Geez I knew it.”

 

“Hey….” He wanted to retort but he couldn’t muster enough strength to. Then he groaned in pain again, “Ahhh!”

 

“Aish, this time you should stop talking and listen to me,” I grab his hand and beckon him into my house, “Come on in. I have medicine for gastric.”

 

\

 

An hour later.

 

Finally I am out of my house and on my way to the nearest grocery shop. I need to buy ingredients for porridge.

 

You have no idea how long I took to convince that idiot to go to sleep. Because of the pain he has been throwing tantrums like a kid and I had to coax him to sleep by singing nursery rhymes, geez.

 

“Yah Woo Jiho now that you have taken your medicine, go to sleep!”

 

“No…! It still hurts!”

 

(I thought I saw him pouting slightly)

 

 

“If you don’t go to sleep, it will hurt more!”

 

 

“I don’t want!”

 

 

“Then what do you want?”

 

 

“Sing me nursery rhymes…!”

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“Sing it.”

 

Geez, even when he’s sick, I’m still the one being bullied. 

 

“Twinkle twinkle little star-”

 

“The key is not right, just saying.”

 

“What the hell, you’re a rapper!”

 

“I’ve got the grooves yo, but I’m not tone deaf either.”

 

Geeeeeeeeez.

 

“Twinkle twinkle little star-”

 

“Eh.”

 

“What…?”

 

“The beat is not right this time round.”

 

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

 

“Twinkle twinkle little star how I-”

 

“Hey-”

 

“What again?!!!”

 

“I don’t like this song.”

 

What the effff.

 

“Then what song do you want, Mister?”

 

“Halo?”

 

“Hello?”

 

“No, halo. You know, HALO.”

 

“There’s such a nursery rhyme?!!!”

 

“Uh no, its my song teehee.”

 

“YAH WOO JIHO ARE YOU SLEEPING OR NOT?!!!”

 

“I am but-”

 

“Your gastric doesn’t hurt anymore is it? Then get out of my house!!!”

 

“Chill. Yes yes it still hurts….):”

 

“Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.”

 

“Heh.”

 

“Go to sleep then! Stop staring at me!”

 

“So will you rap Halo now?”

 

What the hell…?!

 

So in the end I rapped Halo. Wow, can you believe it, I actually rapped?! Plus can you believe it, that idiot fell asleep almost instantaneously. I took the opportunity to slip out of the house to go off to the grocery shop.

 

Honestly, this is probably the first time I have ever seen the kiddish side of him and I actually think it’s quite adorable.:/

 

And, now I am wondering why I am actually helping him.

 

-Cause I’m nice?

 

-Oh yes, I am.

 

-Umm and cause Mrs Woo is nice?

 

-Yes, she is.

 

.

.

.

 

-Oh and…

 

Before I know it, a piece of memory came gushing right through me. It was Woo Jiho standing up for me when I was bullied when we were in elementary school.

 

When I was just in first year of elementary school there were many boys in my school who were bullies.

 

They would not leave me alone. Every day after school they would gather outside my classroom. Fortunately Woo Jiho was my classmate so I had someone to walk me home everyday. Despite him being annoying even he was walking me home, it’s definitely better than walking home alone.

 

One day, just before the bell rang for dismissal, Woo Jiho went off to the washroom. So when the teacher left I did not dare to step out of the classroom for all the bullies were gathering outside my classroom.

 

-Where’s Woo Jiho?

 

I thought nervously to myself as I tried to stay calm while packing my bag. One by one, my classmates left the classroom for fear of getting in the way of the bullies and I got even more nervous.

 

-Why isn’t Woo Jiho back yet?

 

I knew we were going to get into deep trouble. Usually we would leave the room with the teacher so the bullies would leave us alone. But today, the teacher had left. So even if Woo Jiho is with me, two against ten, I think we’re dead meat.

 

But still, two is better than one. I gazed out of the window anxiously for Woo Jiho’s return but all I saw was the bullies. I avoided my gaze and tried hard not to tremble.

 

Finally Woo Jiho was back. Relieved (sorta) I bit my lips nervously as I whispered, ‘Come on, we gotta get out of here.”

 

“I know. I’m sorry. A teacher stopped me just now.”

 

Woo Jiho stuffed his things into the bags hurriedly and in a soft whisper he said, “They are at the front door. When I count to three, we will run out from the back door together.”

 

I nodded nervously.

 

“1…”

 

“2…”

 

Then he grabbed my hand.

 

“3!”

 

Together, we sprinted out of the back door as fast as we could but to our horror there were two bullies at the back door. One who was much taller than picked me off the ground by my bag while the other grabbed Woo Jiho by his shirt. I screamed and the big bully growled, “Shut up girl.”

 

“Yah,” Woo Jiho shouted, “Leave her alone.”

 

The other bullies came over and they laughed at us stepping right into their trap.

Scared, tears were already forming in my eyes. I kicked the air wildly hoping that one of the kicks would get into the bully’s face but the bully merely roared, “Stop it, or I will drop you onto the ground.”

 

“Don’t you dare to do it!!!” Woo Jiho threatened. He was trying hard to squirm out of the other bully’s grip. Worried, he stared at me but I could only look back with teary eyes.

 

“Yah, little boy, it’s easy if you want us to leave your girlfriend alone,” one of the bullies said, “Join our gang and I will let her go.”

 

“No!” I shouted.

 

“Umm it’s not difficult, just steal a wallet for me and I will let her go.”

 

“No!” I shouted again.

 

“Shut up,” the bully holding me slapped me on my face and I cried.

 

“Leave her alone,” Woo Jiho yelled.

 

“Woo Jiho don’t listen to them!” I cried.

 

“So are you joining us or not?” one of the bullies asked again.

 

“No way, over my dead body,” Woo Jiho replied coolly.

 

The group of bullies smirked, “Pretending to be cool huh? Let’s see if you can be cool for long.”

 

To my horror they started cornering Woo Jiho and beating him up.

 

“Woo Jiho!!!” I cried in horror, “Stop it stop it!”

 

But my yell was to no avail. They continued beating him up till a boy from next door saw what happened and ran off to tell a teacher.

 

The group of bullies took off and I was left alone with Woo Jiho.

 

“Woo Jiho,” I sobbed as tears blurred my vision, “Are you okay?”

 

“Ouch,” he moaned because I touched his wound, “Yah, stop crying will you? You’re giving me headache. I’m not dead yet!”

 

“But you’re bleeding!” I sobbed even louder.

 

“It’s all your fault…” Upon hearing this, I felt so guilty that I wailed out loud.

 

“Yah, I was just kidding. Not your fault kay.” Woo Jiho softened and tried to hush me, “Stop crying already. People might think I’m the one bullying you.”

 

I nodded but the tears just kept coming to my eyes.

 

Then Woo Jiho said, “You’re such a crybaby.”

 

“Am not!” I retorted and almost immediately my tears stopped.

 

“Hey that works,” Woo Jiho stared at me.

 

“Shut up Woo Jiho!” I hit him and he yelled out loud in pain.

 

“OWWHH.”

 

I laughed out loud and Woo Jiho gave me a grin.

 

 

Oh god, looking back, Woo Jiho was beaten up really hard back then. I chuckle softly as I remember how he has an injured eye for the rest of the month. Woo Jiho has been irritating alright, but at least he’s a true friend.

 

Unknowingly, the corners of my lips curl upwards into a smile again.

 

\

 

Quietly, I open the door and tip-toe into my house. Gosh, why am I doing this. (It is as though I’m a thief but this is freaking my house…!)

 

Closing the door behind me, I tip-toe past the living room (where Woo Jiho is sleeping soundly on my sofa) to the kitchen. There in the kitchen I take out the groceries and decide that I will cook fish porridge.

 

After much work, the porridge is finally done! Delighted, I clap my hands together and smile gleefully.

 

-Yay(: Alright I shall wake Woo Jiho up now.

 

I hum ‘Halo’ –unknowingly- as I walk out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

 

-Raise your hands if you envy me… Halo, I sing.

 

….

 

“OMG!”

 

I let out a small scream as I see a figure sitting at the living room.

 

-What the hell? I thought he is sleeping?!

 

“So I see you’re in love with my song huh, pissy girl?” I could already see his smirk.

 

-Geez, he is back to his irritating self once he is feeling better.

 

I ignore his question and ask, “So I see you’ve recovered?”

 

“Of course. And now I’m hungry.  Where is my food?”  he asked in a tone which clearly indicates that he is trying to boss me around again.

 

-Geeeeeeeez.

 

“In the kitchen.” I answered curtly, “I’m going to my room to change. You can go ahead and eat first if you’re really that hungry.

 

“Great.”

 

I walk back to my room, and in my room, I change into a T-shirt and mini-shorts. When I walk out of my room, I scream again.

 

“OMG!”

 

Woo Jiho smirk again, “Scaredy cat.”

 

“Yah Woo Jiho! Shut up!”

 

Of  course he scared me. Just moments ago I saw him walking into the kitchen to eat, and now he is standing right outside my room, with his back leaning against the wall.

 

“What the freak do you think you’re doing by standing outside my room?!”

 

“Waiting for you? There’s no spoon in the bowl, how am I supposed to eat, idiot?” Woo Jiho asked, “And stop giving me this freaked-out look. I swear you look like you’re thinking I was peeping at you changing your clothes!”

 

“Who knows!”

 

Upon hearing that, he scoffs, “What? Man, who would…”

 

Then he stops.

 

-Eh?

 

He’s staring at me head-down when his eyes stop at my legs.

 

-Gosh, my mini-shorts >.<

 

Not used to guys staring at me, or rather my legs like that, I stutter in a fluster, “W-what are you looking at?!”

 

Silent, Woo Jiho merely stares at my legs even harder.

 

As though I have gone crazy –what happened to me?!- I smirk suddenly.

 

“Yah, Woo Jiho,” for the first time in my life I feel like I’ve gained an upper hand; I take this opportunity to . I close in on him and smirk, “Are you thinking that your neighbor is actually looking quite y?”

 

Surprised, his eyes widen and he stares hard at me, “W-what…?”

 

I smirk even harder when I saw his face turning pinkish slightly, “Wells it’s okay if it takes you 15 years to realize that I’m this y.”

 

Little did I know I have taken the joke a little too far. As those words left my lips, I felt as though they were for me too.

 

For a moment, I think Woo Jiho, that idiot, actually looks hot, especially in that fitting black shirt and jeans of his.

 

Oh, eff it.

 

I must have turned bright pink, because I see a smirk creeping up Woo Jiho’s lips again.

 

Shoots.

 

Almost immediately I pull myself away from him and said, “Let’s go eat!!!”

 

But that idiotically hot badass just has to pull me back. In a swift move he pull me towards and pin me against the wall.

 

Oh. My. Effin. God.

 

With my back flat against the wall and Woo Jiho’s hands on the wall, I have no way to run. He stares at me with an intensely hot gaze, and badass-ly he leans in close on me. I flush red.

 

“Now,” he smirks, “Are you thinking that your neighbor is actually looking quite y?”

 

I bite my lower lip both nervously and embarrassedly, refusing to answer him.

 

“Wells it’s okay if it takes you 15 years to realize that I’m this y too,” he whispers in my ears before smirking.

 

With his lips dangerously close to me, I felt my heart thumping hard against my chest.

 

Shoots, I’m in deep . That’s all I can conclude.

 

But instead of thinking of ways to run away, my mind actually wanders off to how his lips would taste like.

 

Obviously, this same thought is on his mind too. I see his eyes staring my lips hungrily and I gulp down my saliva in nervousness.

 

Inch by inch, he closes in on me till I feel his hot breath on my lips. When I can almost feel his lips on mine, both of us close our eyes; and then our lips met.  There is passion, and desire, something I have not known Woo Jiho has for me. I am surprised, yet at the same time, I am delighted.

 

Hot, yet gently, Jiho pries open my lips with his until it is enough for his tongue to slip through. His tongue found mine and ours twirled together in heat. I feel Jiho slipping his arms around my waist to bring me close.

 

After what that feels like eternity, our lips pull away from each other and we are panting to catch my breath.

 

I stare at Woo Jiho with bright pink cheeks while he stares back at me smirking.

 

“Yah, can you stop staring at me like this, you're ,” he jokes. I stifled a giggle and hit him playfully, “Shut up.”

 

“So, are we going to eat or not. My porridge-”

 

“Nah,” Woo Jiho says, “I’m not hungry anymore.”

 

“But your gastric-”

 

“It’s okay,” Woo Jiho grins, “I have already tasted a better meal than that.”

 

I flush red and hit him hard on his chest.

 

“Can I have more?” Woo Jiho grins as he closes in on me again.

 

“No way,” I push him away and stick out my tongue at him, “I won’t allow a second free meal.”

 

“Eh? How’s that a free meal? You tasted my lips too!”

 

“Yup and I don’t like it.” I pretend to be cool about the kiss.

 

“You’re right,” his lips crash on mine again without any warning and yet another round of passionate kissing starts all over again. When we finally pull away from each other, I swear the smirk on Woo Jiho’s face couldn’t get any wider.

 

“See? You love my kiss.”

 

“Geez, shut up.”

 

Despite the nonchalance I'm faking, I am grinning hard on the inside.

 

Woo Jiho, what an idiot.:D

 

T H E E N D