Code Word: I'm cold

Button Down, Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m cold,” Irene lies. She’s spotted Seulgi’s cute blower hat printed ed shirt flapping aimlessly in the ocean breeze like a flag, and she wants it. There was no way to explain the sudden urge that came across the eldest girl, she just simply wished for the other girl’s attention, she supposed. Or maybe this fluttering feeling inside her chest is love. Seulgi stands beside her on the sandy shore and the two of them watch in a comfortable silence as their other members play next to the waves, their hands almost touching, their thighs brushing. Irene doesn’t feel chilly at all, not even with the ocean breeze cutting through their clothes, as long as there was warmth seeping from the body next to her and sinking into her own skin, Irene was always content. 

    

 

 

   Suddenly, Wendy and Joy begin showering each other with little sprays of the surf as they kick excitedly into the water, and the both of them share giggles at the childish sight. Their hands knock together as their chests rise and fall with the sound of soft chimes, and Irene catches her breath silently. Out of the corners of her eyes, she takes a moment to study the slender figure next to her. Seulgi stands tall, with a confident ambience about her, holding her elbow with the intricate fingers of her left hand, her right mingling at times with Irene’s. She’s cute with her snap back on, Irene thinks, but she also prefers Seulgi’s locks billowing out in the wind like a wild sunset colored lion mane. The orange suits her, she decides, Seulgi definitely contributed the warmth that emanated from the group thanks to her bright smile that shimmered under the stage lights and the friendly aura that enveloped her. 

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter