행복병

행복병
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol sighs while putting his guitar away, places it on its stand safely, before facing his bestfriend on the opposite bed.

"Baek, Do you know what Happy Virus means?" he asks softly.

Baekhyun confused at the sudden seriousness of Chanyeols voice, removes his focus from the laptop to look at him. "Yes, I've read in the dictionary that happy is feeling joy and virus is an infectious causative agent." Baekhyun sits up properly to face Chanyeol, "Happy virus means spreading happiness, right?"

Chanyeol eyes him quietly, as if debating with himself before answering, "Yes, That is correct Baek," he smiles, "Being happy is contagious, once you catch it you never really lose it, like a virus. Do you understand?"

Baekhyun scrunching his forehead with a pout on his lips, "Seriously, Yeol?"

Chanyeol chuckles at the cute display, "Alright, I'm sure you know how the fans came up with that term, right?"

Baekhyun nods his head.

"Let me enlighten you as a way to explain better," Chanyeol chuckles at the cute display, he smiles widely as he begins, "Do you remember.."

 

 

 

We first met at the practice room, I saw you enter the room, almost all the trainees couldn't help but notice you.

You were a new face, but fair and beautiful for a guy. You lacked in height, yet that doesn't seem to bother you.

You puzzled me.

 

 

 

Joonmyeon went to greet the newcomer first since nobody was making a move to do so. "Hey there! I'm Joonmyeon. Welcome to traineeship I guess."

Baekhyun bowed politely and returned the greeting, "My name is Byun Baekhyun, it's my first day here," signs of agitation starts showing as his fingers fiddles with the strap of his backpack resting on his shoulder.

"Don't be nervous. We're all of the same state here, try to enjoy trainee life and make friends while you're at it," Joonmyeon advised when someone called his attention. He gave Baekhyun a small smile before leaving him.

Baekhyun murmurs a quick goodbye, then let's his gaze travel across the room, seeing faces he would be training with for the next couple of months? years? he really didn't know. His eyes stopped at the tall lanky individual playing the guitar whose eyes were also trained on him.

They both met each others gaze, a staring competition has started, but not hostile just genuine curiosity. Then they must've seen something they liked for they both smiled.

 

 

 

You didn't back down. Most people would have been intimidated by me, but not you.

I smiled because I knew you'd be special, you had the will, you didn't waver.

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol went from strangers to the best of friends that day.

As days passed, they were seen joined by the hip, you can never see one without the other. From walking together and taking the transit to and from their place, learning the dance the instructor taught them, listening to each others music which consists of Chanyeol making music and Baekhyun singing, and eating together.

One look at them, you'd think they've been friends for a long time.

"You're both destined," Jongin says while doing a dance routine.

Sehun, who was also dancing, launched into a laughing fit. "That's really hilarious, but it kind of makes sense."

"Ah~ Stop it!" Baekhyun, who was sitting with his back against the wall, complained. "We just really enjoy ones company."

Chanyeol, who was sitting beside him while munching on junk food, nudged their shoulders. "We really might be ByunBaek."

"Yah! Stop entertaining their silly notions," Baekhyun tapped Chanyeols shoulder. "You're going to give them ideas."

"Let them think what they want," Chanyeol shrugs then stayed silent.

"I just don't believe in those stuff. I make my own destiny, I chose who I become friends with. The day we met and became close is because of our own choice. I chose to become friends with you." Baekhyun explained.

"Why'd you want to be my friend?"

"Because you smiled at me, I liked your twitching smile and I like you."

Please log in to read the full chapter