Eulogy

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello.

I still remember when Hyunwoo and I first met. He was seated at the corner of a cafe that I coincidentally ran into when it was raining and I guess we just clicked the moment our eyes met.

Hyunwoo was....a gentle person, and I know for sure that he has left each and everyone of us present here something that we would hold close to our hearts.

He was also a dork. Books never left his hands for every single second he was awake. Well, he sleeps with them covering his face anyway. I always joked with him to find sometimes to relax, saying that books can wait because there will eventually be time for us to read them. I guess, that's why he didn't want to stop reading, because he wanted to be able to know as much as he could before he couldn't do so anymore.

He lived life to its fullest, and enjoyed every second of it.

To be honest, there's nothing much I can say that hasn't already been said before. Was he brave? He was. Was he kind? He was. Was he beautiful? He was. Was he too young? Yes, he was. 

But in the end, what we remember wouldn't be how brave he has been, nor how kind and beautiful. It is that he was. He happened. He existed. And now he doesn't. That's what hurts me the most. It's funny, don't you think? How can someone exist, then stop existing the next second?

I would be lying if I said that I did not regret anything, because I did. I regretted not noticing his pain, not seeing how much sorrow lay behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter