3: "Thank you, Shin"

The Little Girl On The 2nd Floor

Dialog;

You were thrilled, so excited to leave this place, You hope you don't get caught. You getting caught? would ruin your life forever! You'd be forever forced to eat rubbish, and be bullied! This place is practically telling you to die. But you weren't going to give up that easily. Nuh Uh, now that you had a slim chance of leaving you had to take it.

*Knock, Knock*

You turn to the clock, 3:45 p.m., exactly the time for lunch. 

"Kim Ri Rin, its lunchtime, hurry up and get your food while its warm, it's chicken noodle soup today." the unknown lady says.

"Coming!" you say, loud enough for the lady to hear you. "Its go time" you whiper, under your breath.

You rush down to the Mess Hall, grab your bowl of soup, and a pack of probably expired crackers. You eat the soup as quickly as you could at a corner by yourself. You finished the soup and put the crackers in your pocket just in case you in your adult friend get hungry on the escape.

"I'm done Ma'am, may I be excused to my room?" you tell the same lady that called you down.

"Sure, I'll be calling all the rooms at 8:45, if your not down, you'll be missing veggie taco night!" she says.

"I'm sure I'll be full, the soup was delightful!" you say, coughing on your words since it actually tasted bland.

"Okay, it's your funeral!" she says, and continues talking to the lunch ladies.

You run up the flight of stairs and go to your room. You grab your diary and your lucky pen you got. You tuck it inside your bomber jacket, and take a last look at your room. You begin to wonder what they'll do to your stuff once your gone for good.

You hurry out your door, making sure th coast was clear, and luckily, it was. You hurry over to the same attic door, open it, and run through the flight of stairs once again. You reach the same door, and close your eyes so your not blinded by the suns rays. 

There he was. The same guy from two hours ago, dressed in a bomber jacket, a shirt with tiny holes at the bottom, jeans, and worker boots.

'Looks like we both like bomber jackets" you say, giggling.

"For a six year old, you sure are smart. And yeah, these are good for chilly days, and after all, we going to be living on the streets, what did you bring?'

"My diary, my only prized possesion, and some crackers from the soup today, in case we got hungry."

"I smuggled 5 packets of those crackers. And I brought..well my journal. I'm into writing as well."

"Wow, small world huh?" you say "Now lets head to the streets."

"Alright well heres the plan, we're going to climb on this pipe, and jump onto those stairs, and jump down into the alley, It isn't that far of a jump, got it?"

"Yes, lets go." you say

You skillfully climb onto the pipes, but your leg slips off for a split second. 

"Hold my hand, please, I don't want to loose you." the man says, offering his hand.

"Okay" you say and grab his warm, sort of sweaty, large palm. And you both extend your legs onto the pipes. "Are you ready to jump?" you say.

"For sure. I was born ready." 

You close your eyes, bend your tiny legs, and let your self fall to the ground, still hold the mans hand, tightly.

You land. Safely, on the ground. You kissed the ground.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much." you say to the man.

"No, thank you, now we better run far from this place before they see us through the windows." he says, and you both bolt into the streets, never looking back.

~

You stop. Unable to breathe from how fast you were sprinting. 

"Wait, let me eat a cracker. Do you want half?" you offer the man.

"Such a generous girl, Yes thank you." he says, taking the piece.

It was nice, and salty. For once something tasted good. Then  you remebered the pocky, Ah, the sweet, choclatey sensation in your mouth. You craved it. But you were both broke. No money in your pockets. Then you had an idea. Begging

You looked for a nearest garbadge can, and rummaged through it for a cup. One for you and one for the man. 

"What are you doing kid?" the man says.

"Kim, Kim Ri Rin" you reply.

"What? Is that your name?" 

"Yes, whats yours." you say, holding two cups, and handing him one.

"Shin Hyuk

"I like it, now lets beg, where is a good place, where there are alot of people?"

"Seoul. Tourists, and alot of shopping centres." he replies.

"Lets go!"

"Um, it's 2 hours on train, that means 4 hours by walking, we can't do-"

"I don't like quitters, I didn't make it all the way here to say no to oppertunities, lets go Shin," you grab Shin's hand and walk.

"But..fine, Okay." he says, and starts walking with you.

~

2 hours later.

You two make it to a neighborhood near Seoul, thanks to some passing strangers directions. Suddenly, Shin says something.

"You know, I'm not actually fifty years old, I was just exaggerating to sound...wise." 

"Hahah, I figured that out, no fifty year old could climb on a pipe and jump without breaking their legs! and speaking of legs, yours are so scrawny!" you say.

"Well, I guess, but I'm 22. I 'm a homeless stranger who has no life. A lady offered me a place to stay, and she took me to that shelter. Worst descision of my life, besides running away from home. All those things you said earlier are what was happening to me when I was your age and growing, and once I was sixteen, I left, because I couldn't take it. But you? you're runaway at six?"

"No, my father tricked me and sent me here, my parents were having issues, and I guess they gave up on me, which I don't get because I've always been well-behaved, and I'm very intelligent for my age." you reply.

"If I was your father, I would never give you up, you're different from other children, in the best way possible."

"You are my father now. I mean, you care about me, so your my fatherly figure." you say, smiling up at Shin.

"Alright then Kim, I'll raise you to the best of my ability. I promise." Shin says, and hugs you.

Thats the best hug you've recieved. The only other hug you've gotten was when, sadly, you were born.

"Thank you, Shin." 

~

End of Chapter 3