1: The Start of Hell

The Little Girl On The 2nd Floor

Diary Entry #1:

4.9.06 - 1:03 a.m.

Dear Diary, It's very late right now, and I hear screaming coming from downstairs...Should I go see whats going on? But what if I get hurt. I don't know..I'll go anyway. See you later diary.

Same day, 1:10 a.m

I went downstairs to see my parents fighting about children, I hear them talking about...well...me. I don't know whether to be sad, or happy. I never liked living in this household. It's always dirty, and no one bothers to clean it. For I am way too young to clean a place like this. I'm not...experienced with such things.

I am staring to close my eyes and fall asleep, I don't know why I'm sleepy all of a sudden, but I.....

Diary Entry #2:

4.10.06 - 9:15 a.m

Good Morning! Annyong haseyo! Diary I've woken up early just to write. I hope today I will be able to go to the small store across the street to get my favorite sweet. Pocky! I love it so much and I only get it once a week if I behave well enough! I'm very happy.

Same day, 3:05 p.m.

My father has just offered me to get in his car to go get myself my treat! This is very unexpected...also everything in my room is gone..well besides this diary of course..and some furniture, I asked why is this and my parents replied with "Spring Cleaning, my dear" and have yet to add info. I don't know why the sudden urge to clean, but I think thats a good thing! I am changing into my best clothing because I am so excited.

Later, 4:25 p.m.

My father has purchased my Pocky for me, and I am currently nibbling on the biscuit stick, yum! He has just pulled into a driveway of a building I am unfimiliar with..He told me to sit still until he comes back. I am a bit scared...but what bad could happen? Right Diary?

5:36 p.m.

It has all come together now, My things were missing this morning, and my father offered to drive me to the store because my parents were putting me...in a shelter. I am sitting on a dirty, ripped up trundle bed, and my bags are next to me. I have no parents anymore, I was going to cry, but I am a strong girl, no crying in public. They didn't even tell me goodbye. What should I do...I feel so..unloved.

The only thing I have to eat are 2 pocky sticks left that I hid in my sweater pocket. There is no outside food allowed here, but I managed. I look around me and all I see are old men, and a few children that look a bit older than me. I am being to get scared...what will happen to me? I don't belong here.

6:45 p.m.

"Kim Ri Rin" I heard from the desk that was taller than me, I stood and brought my things over, one by one, in total I had 3 bags of my belongings. There were heavy to carry, but yet again I managed. The lady asked me if I was an orphan..and I said yes because I dont have parents that care for me anymore. And she followed her question with a simple statement.

"Head to room 13 on Floor #2." with a loud, "NEXT!" after.

The lady expected me to know every nook and cranny of the place because no one showed me the way to the stairs. I was frantically looking around me, waiting for something to magically appear, but that only happens in the movies I realized. Eventally I found the stairs and hauled the 3 bags with me, steo by step. Diary, you are probably wondering, Where are you writing this currently? Well good question, my room, room #13. Its dark, and gloomy. There is only one table lamp that I can use, and the light bulb will pop at any moment.Although, I can all ways rely on daylight. I started unpacking, and the room felt a little like a place I'd call home. But it reminded me of the rooms you see in the movies. In prison.

9:50 p.m.

Sorry I am updating so late, I could never find a time to be by myself to write. I was called done for lunch by a different lady this time, and the dinner was repulsive! It was mashed potatoes that tasted rotten, and peas with expired gravy. I ate anyways because I was hungry. I've been in here for only a few hours, but I already know this is a living hell. Diary, I hope you never leave me like my parents did. Your the only thing I have that will listen to me.

Wish me luck, Diary,  

Good night. Annyonghi jumushipsiyo