Dawn

Lonely Beauty (On Hiatus)

Word Count: 4.2 k

 

 

 

Kyungsoo awoke the next morning with only a name on the tip of his tongue. “Kim Jongin,” he said aloud to the empty flat. What was the significance of that name?

He pushed himself to a seated position and found that he was in his pyjamas despite the fact he didn’t remember putting them on nor did he remember getting into bed the night prior. The last thing he could remember was making notes in that old cookbook of his about how to make that batch of cookies better the next time around. It was late by the time he had finished; mayhaps he was simply really tired.

Unconsciously, he touched the side of his face, the place where that cold hand had caressed it. There was something missing from his memories, something important, that he couldn’t quite put his finger on.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he got a good morning text from Joonmyun.

 

8:45 – Good morning Kyungsoo!

Are you feeling better today?

 

8:53 - Yeah

I’m feeling a lot better today, hyung

 

8:53 - That’s a relief

 

8:55 - Hyung?

Do you know a Kim Jongin?

 

8:56 - No

I don’t believe I know anyone by that name

Why?

 

Kyungsoo hesitated before responding.

 

8:57 - No reason

I just remembered the name this morning but couldn’t remember who he was

Mayhaps he was just an acquaintance from a while back

 

8:57 - Okay

Well I hope you find him if you are looking for him

:)

 

“I do too,” Kyungsoo whispered to himself before turning his phone off.

 

It was the break after the first trimester of university but classes were going to start again very soon. At this point, he didn’t really feel up to doing anything in particular. Kyungsoo spent a goodly amount of time simply staring up at the ceiling thinking about things he couldn’t really remember. At some point, he finally got tired of moping and got up to go and make himself breakfast. He glanced at the clock, 11:38. Scratch that, he got up to make lunch.

 

--

 

Everything seemed to return to normal, or at least as normal as they ever were.

Classes started again and Kyungsoo’s attention drifted back to his studies to the point that he almost forgot about Jongin, almost but not quite. For some reason, whenever news of one of the new moon attacks came on the news, the name “Kim Jongin” came to mind.

Kyungsoo had taken up the habit of turning on the morning news as he got ready for university, leaving it on in the background as he made himself breakfast, ears pricked for any announcements pertaining to the new moon attacker.

Whenever the weatherman predicted an especially dark night due to clouds or reminded Kyungsoo of a new moon, the university student’s heart skipped a beat for a reason he could not quite locate. Perhaps it was excitement or perhaps it was anxiety, he couldn’t decide which.

 

It was a few weeks before exams when something new caught his ear. There had been a series of occurrences in the neighbourhood. Apparently, several domestic cats had been reported missing alongside complaints of dogs howling around the time of the full moon. Some even went as far to say that they sounded more like wolves, an impossibility in the urban city, even in the park. Kyungsoo vaguely wondered whether these occurrences were related to the attacks in the very same park during the new moon or whether the proximity of these events was merely coincidence. At the time, he really didn’t know or have the time to care, as he was immersed in his studies and preparing for the looming exams.

 

--

 

Kyungsoo stared at the quantum mechanics book just as he had been for the past hour, absorbing absolutely none of the content in the book whatsoever. It was a mystery to him as to how his best friend, Baekhyun, managed to talk him into selecting the class. Unlike Baekhyun, Kyungsoo understood neither the mathematics behind the laws of physics nor even the laws themselves. Despite Baekhyun’s willingness to assist, Kyungsoo always felt guilty about asking for help in understanding every little aspect of the class.

After typing, erasing, and re-typing a message to Baekhyun several times asking for his assistance in studying, Kyungsoo finally sent the message. Baekhyun sent a lightning-fast reply, almost as if he had been waiting for the text.

 

6:22 - I have some questions about the exam. Can you help me?

 

6:22 - Sure

Just come over to my apartment

621 A in the apartments to the west of the University

 

It was the second trimester and Kyungsoo realised that they had been doing all of their studying at the library, at least four hours every week. He hadn’t been over to Baekhyun’s house for a couple years now, since Baekhyun got in an accident a few years ago. It was so surprising that Kyungsoo just stared at the text for a full minute until it finally registered that his friend was inviting him over.

 

6:23 - Sure

I’ll be there in about half an hour

 

6:23 - Okay

See you then!

 

Feeling obliged to bring something for his host, he dug around in his pantry to see if he had baked anything recently. Luckily enough, he had had a fresh batch of biscotti under a cake-saver from yesterday’s baking session. He put the biscuits, made with his improved recipe, and put them in a tin. After a few more minutes of digging around, this time in a closet, he found a bow, bag, and tissue paper to make it appear more gift-like. Together, the present looked acceptable.

 

--

 

Three knocks on a simple white door and Kyungsoo was face-to-face with a widely grinning Baekhyun, eyes appearing as crescents. It was almost strange seeing him in such casual clothing, a large shirt and sports pants, after such a long time only seeing him in public wearing stylish shirts and jeans. It brought Kyungsoo back to when they were kids and they used to have sleepovers.

After a minute or so of gawking, Kyungsoo presented his friend with the gift bag.

“Thank you for inviting me over and for helping me study, hyung,” Kyungsoo thanked awkwardly.

“Oh geez, Kyungsoo! No need to be so formal. I’m fine. It’s fun studying with my best friend. Besides, it helps me review as well.” Baekhyun’s smile had surprisingly long and sharp canine teeth, which Kyungsoo had never noticed before and which, for some reason, brought to mind the name Kim Jongin.

“Do you know a Kim Jongin?” he blurted before he could stop himself as they walked to the kitchen in Baekhyun’s apartment. He didn’t know why he still cared where the name came from, who the boy was, or why he still remembered the name.

Baekhyun thought on it for a moment before replying slowly. “Uhm, yeah. I think I have a class with him. He’s a first year but he’s also a little genius.”

“What?” Kyungsoo couldn’t keep the disbelief out of his voice. “He actually exists?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Uhm... No reason... Let’s just get to quantum mechanics okay?”

Baekhyun didn’t really have a reason not to believe Kyungsoo or to suspect ulterior motives, so he dropped the topic and they sat down at the kitchen table and began to study properties and laws that Kyungsoo had no idea about. Kyungsoo, after much coaching from Baekhyun, was able to finally get the material, or at least a goodly amount of it. With Baekhyun’s assistance, he thought that he might even be able to escape the class with a solid B.

 

“So... What’s Jongin like?” he asked casually. Baekhyun was caught completely off guard as he munched lightly on of the biscotti that Kyungsoo had brought over. They had finished studying, or at least Kyungsoo was finished studying quantum mechanics.

“What?”

“What is Jongin like? Kim Jongin?”

Baekhyun took his time to formulate his answer, chewing thoughtfully before replying. “I don’t really know the guy. He keeps to himself, not really talking in class or any other time, for that matter, except to this other boy. I think his name is Taemin or something.

“Really...” Kyungsoo thought about Jongin, trying to remember where had heard the name before and why it was so important. Soon, he had the same lost, unfocussed expression on his face as his mind began to blur from the memory of the encounter.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo lost his train of thought and forgot what they were talking about.

Baekhyun’s face appeared before Kyungsoo’s, worry lines appearing on his forehead. “I wouldn’t associate with that boy. He’s trouble if I ever saw it.”

“Wouldn’t associate with who?” Kyungsoo turned to him with wide, concerned eyes. Baekhyun sighed, not knowing how to respond.

“Never mind. It’s nothing.” Baekhyun’s words were sincere but he was definitely hiding something, something that, at that moment, Kyungsoo had no chance of grasping.

 

--

 

--

 

The finals week of the second trimester came and went uneventfully and once again, Kyungsoo was on break. It vaguely occurred to him that tonight was the night of the new moon. He decided that it was the perfect night to visit Joonmyun. It would be a great idea to have dinner with him, stay late, and then walk back through the park alone. The news had said that the attacks only occurred if the victim was absolutely alone. No one would be out at two in the morning so Kyungsoo would definitely have a better chance of... He couldn’t remember why he wanted to be out there but something told him that he should be out there.

 

5:00 – Joonmyun?

Are you free tonight?

I have a movie I think you’ll like

Mind if I come over?

 

Kyungsoo sent the text. It wasn’t a lie that he had a movie, but at the same time, it was a mystery as to why he would need to go to Joonmyun’s house.

 

5:03 – Sure

Come right over

I’m not doing anything

 

The reply was quick enough.

 

5:03 - Okay

Thanks hyung

 

Kyungsoo gathered the movie and a tin of biscotti. The things were both surprisingly good and surprisingly popular among his friends.

 

--

 

It was around one in the morning when Kyungsoo left Joonmyun’s house, much to Joonmyun’s disapproval. The older feared that the same thing would occur as last time he let Kyungsoo return home this late. Kyungsoo assured Joonmyun that he would be just fine and that he really couldn’t hold Kyungsoo against his will. In the end, Joonmyun conceded defeat and allowed the younger boy to leave.

 

Kyungsoo was in the park once again under a dark sky, waiting in a pool of light underneath a lamppost for nothing in particular. Once gain, the name Kim Jongin was sitting at the tip of his tongue and he couldn’t figure out for the life of him why that would be. The light overhead began to flicker and his heart beat painfully against his chest. But the source of the adrenaline rush was not fear, but rather exhilaration.

When the lights above went out completely, leaving everything cloaked in darkness, he came face-to-face with a pair of glowing silver eyes. For some reason, although they gave the same familiar feeling that Kyungsoo could just barely remember from that night all those moons ago, these eyes were different. A second pair quickly joined the first and somehow Kyungsoo recognised them, although from where, he could not tell you.

“What are you doing here?” the voice belonging to the second pair of eyes asked.

“I don’t know. I think I’m looking for someone,” Kyungsoo replied slowly.

“Do you know this person?” the voice of the first asked the second in a soft, almost musical voice.

“Not really, no,” the second replied.

“Does he know you? Does he know about you?” the first asked.

“He shouldn’t.” The two conversed as if the owl-eyed boy weren’t even there or that he couldn’t hear them.

“You two are behind the attacks at the new moon, aren’t you,” Kyungsoo ventured, although his heart was racing and he could hear his pulse loud in his ears.

“You’re scared. I can hear your heartbeat,” the first one commented almost triumphantly.

“Please don’t Jongdae.”

“Don’t what, Jongin? It’s his fault that he came here. The humans have been warning one another that such actions are dangerous and he just ignored their advice. This is his fault.” The two pairs of eyes were facing one another now. One pair was glowing violet, the familiar one, and one was glowing electric blue, the one that belonged to the musical voice.

“Jongin? Kim Jongin? You’re a vampire aren’t you?” Kyungsoo asked, fractured shards of memory returning to him.

“What is he talking about?” hissed a third voice belonging to a pair of emerald eyes. It sounded even softer than the voice belonging to the blue-eyed entity and just as musical. The tone and words seemed not to fit it, however.

“I-I don’t know Yixing. He shouldn’t remember what I said to him,” Jongin replied quietly.

“What did you tell him?” the third voice asked.

“Nothing! It was nothing, I swear!” Jongin’s heart would have been pounding in fear at his elder’s tone, had his heart been beating in the first place. Kyungsoo’s heart was beating so quickly now that it hurt.

“You’re lying. What do you take me for? A fool?” the emerald-eyed Yixing growled.

“I just told him my name and that I was a vampire, but he shouldn’t have remembered.” The violet and emerald gazes turned back to Kyungsoo as the sapphire eyes darted between the two beings.

“What are you two waiting for?” the blue-eyed Jongdae whined. “Hurry up already.”

“Quiet Jongdae,” Yixing snapped.

“Someone’s moody tonight,” Jongdae retorted. “If neither of you are going to take this, I am,” he announced, walking closer to Kyungsoo. Before he could get too close, Yixing grabbed his arm.

“What is wrong with you Jongin? You’re not typically this sloppy,” Jongdae mused, hoping to divert Yixing’s attention.

“N-nothing is wrong with me!” Jongin protested with a grumble.

“You can’t have,” the sapphire-eyed boy murmured. “You know it won’t work. It never does.”

“I didn’t. No. I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Jongin denied. The pair of amethyst eyes would meet neither the sapphire nor emerald gazes.

“Then you wouldn’t mind if. I. Just.” Yixing had released Jongdae’s arm and with each emphasised word, Jongdae took a step closer to the university student.

“No! Wait,” he mumbled, turning away. “Yes. Yes, I’m in love with him. I fell in love with a human,” he admitted in a voice laced with pain.

“You know the consequences of this, don’t you?” Yixing questioned emotionlessly.

“Yes. I know what will happen...”

Kyungsoo finally found his voice once again. “What will happen? What will happen to him?”

“It isn’t just what will happen to him, but also what will happen to you. There are three outcomes for this story,” Yixing explained gently. The venom and coldness in his tone had disappeared to be replaced with one of pity. “If you do not return his feelings, his soul will begin to fall and in the end, he will wither and die.

“If you do return his feelings, your souls will be bound, in which case your life force will be shared. Any pain that he feels, you will feel and visa versa.  Your life will be consumed at twice the rate it would be were you to live a normal life, halving your lifespan. When you pass, he will as well. This will be the outcome unless he gives you some of his blood, which will turn you into a vampire, a Halfling. Although your lifespan will equal that of one of us, your body will still be mortal. Once your souls are bound, when you receive a fatal blow and die, so will he.” Kyungsoo absently bit his lip and with it, tasted iron in his mouth.

The three bickering pairs of eyes turned toward him, the violet and blue pairs flashing blood red and the green one turning a muddy forest green.

“Control yourselves,” the green pair snapped at them. “Especially you Jongdae.”

“But Yixing,” Jongdae whined. “I’m hungry.” He began to edge just a little closer. “I can smell it! It’s been so damned long since I’ve had blood. Human food is just bull and it only staves off the hunger for a little while,” he complained.

“I said control yourself,” Yixing growled. “You too, Jongin. You’re no longer a fledgling and I shouldn’t have to babysit you two.” His green eyes turned to Jongdae. “Especially not my lieutenant.”

One of the pairs of ruby eyes faded to blue as Jongdae pulled his mind away from the bloodlust. Yixing’s eyes cleared to a pure green. The third pair of eyes, however, did not return to their brilliant violet. In the blink of an eye, they had disappeared and Jongin appeared behind Kyungsoo. The small boy could feel the cold vampiric breath on the side of his neck. Kyungsoo could see that Jongin’s eyes were still glowing red with bloodlust.

“It really has been a long time..” he murmured, sending another cold wind drifting down Kyungsoo’s neck. The owl-eyed boy felt a cold tongue run along his neck and shivered.

“The consequences will be your own fault,” was all that Yixing replied just before Kyungsoo felt a pair of sharp fangs pierce his neck. Warm blood began to drip down his neck before the cold tongue began to lap it up.

Kyungsoo began to feel almost drunk from who knows what, mayhaps some vampire thing, the boy thought vaguely before his head began to feel light, half from blood loss and half from the vampire venom that stopped the blood from clotting as easily. The drunken feeling was merely a side effect.

The blue eyes were turning violet as they migrated toward that dark, ruby red of vampiric blood lust.

“Jongin! Let me have some too,” Jongdae begged.

“Fine,” Jongin relented and soon Kyungsoo felt a rougher tongue lapping at the stream of red pooling at his neck. That was about when the loss of blood caused him to faint.

 

--

 

--

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo awoke to quite the strange surprise. When he walked out to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, Kyungsoo found Jongin asleep on his sofa. He stifled a squeak when he saw the boy, sleeping peacefully in his apartment. It all came flooding back to him and he clapped a hand to his neck. There were two tiny scabs over the puncture wounds. Kyungsoo couldn’t, however, remember how he had gotten back to his apartment.

The boy on the sofa, Jongin, began to stir upon hearing someone enter the room. He sat up slowly, hair messy and sticking up at odd angles. Neither boy knew what to say to the other so they stared at one another in an uneasy silence. Jongin’s eyes were now a warm chocolat browns instead of that piercing silver or overwhelming violet.

Kyungsoo was the first to break the silence. “Uhm. Hello,” Kyungsoo began, albeit a smidge awkwardly. “My name is Kyungsoo, but you probably already knew that...”

“My name is Jongin. We’ve not actually been formally introduced yet.” He got to his feet and extended his hand. Kyungsoo took it and they shook awkwardly.

“So you really are a vampire then?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yeah, I am,” Jongin responded timidly.

“From what I’ve heard on the news, you only come out during the new moon. Why is that? How many of you are there in Seoul right now? How often do you eat? I remember Jongdae saying something about you eating human food too—“ Kyungsoo was quickly cut off from asking his endless questions.

“You certainly have a lot of questions. How about we go one at a time,” Jongin suggested. As he was talking, Kyungsoo noticed that all of Jongin’s teeth were normal at the moment.

“First question, then: why do I only ever hear anything remotely related to the attacks, which I suspect you guys are behind, around the time of the new moon?” Kyungsoo inquired.

“The new moon is when our powers are the strongest and when there is no light other than the weak starlight and electricity. Electricity is a trifling matter and the lamps are easy to turn off, especially at the new moon. Without light, we are less likely to be recognised or seen. We don’t kill you humans but many of you wouldn’t understand that we aren’t harmful for the most part,” Jongin replied, ending the explanation almost sadly.

“I guess that’s true… Um… Second question: how many of there are you here in Seoul?”

“In Seoul? There are only the three of us right now, Yixing Jongdae, and me. Although our clan has about thirty members, we’re the only ones who are here at the moment. Yixing left this other guy, Minseok, in charge of the clan while we were here in Korea. There are probably a few rogues running about but they are usually responsible for kidnappings and disappearances than these little benign feedings.”

“Have you always been here? I’ve never heard about these sorts of attacks before this year.”

“We just recently came to Seoul. Our clan originates from China. I’m actually from Korea but my family visited China I was little. Something happened to them but I was too young to remember. At least that is what Yixing told me happened.”

“How did you become a vampire? It sounds like you were human at one point.”

“I drank some of Jongdae’s blood. That’s how you create a new vampire. If it is out of love, you create a Halfling; if it is under any other circumstance, you create a pure blood.”

“Oh…” was all that Kyungsoo could think to say.

“Yixing and Jongdae raised me even though I was human. Back then, they weren’t the leaders of the clan, the leaders were Hangeng and his lieutenant, Heechul. Do you remember what Yixing said last night about humans and vampires falling in love?”

“Yes. When vampires fall in love with humans, they will either die from unrequited love or they will die when their, um, soul mate dies. Are they called soul mates?” Kyungsoo replied uncertainly.

“It’s a surprisingly accurate term,” Jongin mused before continuing. “Hangeng had fallen in love with Heechul a couple centuries prior and Heechul had bound their souls, opting to become a Halfling to save Hangeng. Although he had eternal youth, he still had a mortal body and about half a century ago, he died from a mortal blow. After that, Hangeng made Yixing the leader and Yixing made Jongdae his lieutenant.

“Heechul was Hangeng’s Lieutenant but he made Yixing the third in command, knowing that when Heechul died, he would as well. But I digress. Hangeng made Jongdae turn me into a vampire because he didn’t trust humans and he didn’t want either Yixing or Jongdae to fall in love with a human. It is okay if you fall in love with a vampire. Vampire soul mates are okay. I’m not exactly sure how it works though. In hindsight, he seems rather hypocritical, really. But I guess it’s taboo because of the repercussions.”

“Wait. Centuries ago? Exactly how old are you?” Kyungsoo asked when he absorbed what Jongin had said and what was wrong with the statement.

“Well I was born, what was it, a little under two centuries ago, I think.” Kyungsoo’s already large eyes looked like they might just fall out of his head if he opened them any further.

“Hangeng was among the fourth generation of vampires, so he was about six millennia old. Yixing is two millennia old and I think that Jongdae is eighteen hundred years old by now. Yixing is the youngest clan leader in East Asia and the fourth youngest in the world. The oldest would probably be the leader of the clan in Tokyo or the old geezer living in Germany. Those two should be going on nine or so millennia?”

“Wait. Hold up. That’s like, basically as old as the start of humanity right?”

“Yeah, well the sort of humanity you call ‘civilised’. There were humans even before you. You’ve been around for longer than your history textbooks think. Why?”

“You don’t find it hard to believe that people can live that long?” Kyungsoo practically gasped.

“I’ve grown up with them, so I guess not,” Jongin replied with a shrug.

“Do you vampires die of old age?”

“No one’s ever lived that long. The oldest that anyone’s seen is someone who lived thirteen millennia before being killed, burned at the stake or something. As you can probably tell, we don’t age very much really. Or at least we don’t look like we age very much.” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Wait, so if vampires actually exist... What about werewolves and zombies and faeries?”

“The idea of zombies is just silly. Corpses stay dead. Not even vampires are ‘undead’,  despite the fact that our hearts no longer beat. We have never died; we just live forever.

Werewolves are real, but they are a rather dodgy sort from what I hear. I don’t exactly know much about them because Jongdae and Yixing never really told me anything about them. Faeries do exist, but not the type that you find in your silly little human books.

“Most of the ‘supernatural’ or ‘mythological’ things that you humans know of are real, or were real at some point. For some reason, whenever you find something you can’t explain or understand, you have to cage it or kill it,” Jongin finished bitterly.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin a little sadly. “That’s true...”

“Oh... I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel upset!”

“Um... Yeah... I guess you should just ask your next question then...”

“If you don’t drink blood very often, how are you still alive.”

“It’s not like we’re only restricted to blood. We just have insanely high metabolisms and blood is the best sustenance. We can eat the stuff that you guys eat; it just doesn’t really fill us up.”

“You don’t burn in sunlight right? You also don’t look deathly pale.”

“No, we don’t burn in sunlight. It doesn’t make sense as to why we would. And yes, we retain the appearance we had before we were turned so our appearances range,” he answered simply. “Seriously. If you persecuted every person who needed more sunlight, you would have to destroy much of the northern hemisphere.”

“How do you make people forget things and turn out lights?”

“It’s basic electrical manipulation. It’s the same thing between draining the electricity from a lamppost and messing with electrical signals in neurons. Took a bit of practice, but Yixing said I had a knack for it, not as good as Jongdae, because it was like he was born knowing how to control electricity, but still really good. Yixing said that he was rubbish at controlling electricity for about the first few centuries but now he’s gotten about as good as Jongdae. He has a slightly different power than most vampires, though. He is able to heal any injury as long as the person is still alive. If he reaches him or her in time, he can even reverse fatal damage. That’s a real rarity. Also, another thing that we have is super strength and speed, well in comparison to humans anyways, and super senses.”

“So you also have mind control powers?”

“Basically.”

“Why do you go to university? You probably know all of this stuff already. You have had a couple centuries already.

“I do it to look normal. How old do I look?”

“I guess you look about twenty.”

“What do twenty-year-olds usually do? They don’t work, for the most pat.”

“Yeah. I suppose they attend university...” Kyungsoo admitted. He paused. “Is it weird being a vampire?”

“I don’t know. I don’t really know what it’s like to live as a normal human so I don’t really have anything to compare it to.”

“Is love weird?”

“It’s a little weird, yes. Vampires have to be careful to whom they give their hearts. We have soul mates, one love with whom we spend an eternity with, a first and last love, unlike humans. You usually have quite a few relationships before finding ‘the one’.”

“And you gave your heart... to me...?” Kyungsoo wondered aloud.

“Yes,” Jongin replied solemnly.

“Wh did you choose me? I’m human and I’m really nothing special.”

“I’ve seen you around the city and around university. You’re always helping others doing kind deeds, which is really endearing. You’re also really cute...” Jongin admitted, causing Kyungsoo to blush and look away.

“O-oh...”

“When I saw you in the park that night, all those moons ago, when I saw you looking for me, I guess that was when I finally realised that I had fallen for you and I haven’t been able to get you out of my head since...” Kyungsoo turned back to face Jongin, face flaming red.

“Uhm... I-I’m s-sorry,” the shorter boy stammered.

“You don’t feel the same way about me as I do you,” Jongin stated more than asked.

“I don't know... I’ve never been in love before...” Kyungsoo sighed almost guiltily.

“That’s okay. It is your decision after all.” He smiled at the other boy. Just then, his phone began to vibrate and he looked down to see a text. “I’m sorry, I need to leave now. Yixing and Jongdae want to talk to me... I’ll see you around sometime I suppose?”

“At least give me your number? I’d like to meet up again...”

“Sure. I’d like that too,” Jongin replied with a soft smile.

 

Kyungsoo opened the door for the boy and he walked out. Once past the threshold, he was gone almost in the blink of an eye. The owl-eyed boy looked down the hallway but the other was nowhere in sight. He closed the door with a click and leaned against it, realising that his knees were shaking violently and he could barely stand.

He slid down with his back against the white wood. What was he to do? It seemed that this boy’s life hung in the balance, teetering at the edge of a cliff and Kyungsoo was the only one who could save him. The only thing is that Kyungsoo couldn’t tell what he was feeling toward the other. It was a cross between interest in the mystery of the stranger and guilt that were the boy to die of a broken heart, it would be all Kyungsoo’s fault.

He didn’t know when he started crying or for how long but at some point he realised that hot saline tears were dripping down his face. He pulled his thighs to his chest and pressed his forehead against his knees. He couldn’t tell what made his heart leap every time he saw that pair of eyes and the weight was stifling.

 


A/N: And the story continues! What will happen with Jongin, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun next? Sorry for the delay in update! I've been very busy with school and haven't gotten the chance to write! XD