Faint thunder

Certitude.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the faint thunder could be heard in the background as Sungyeol shifts in his place. He opens one eye before closing it again, the unfamiliar surrounding from where he was sleeping—the floor—making him dizzy.

 

The last thing he remembers doing was cradling Sungjong to sleep near woohyun, which was on the couch. He must have fallen asleep too.

 

The alcohol in his system had already vanished only leaving him with the bearable bitter taste of the drink and the question of who was snoring so loudly.

 

He lifts his hand up, trying to rub the sleep off of him before opening his eyes once again, flinching when he sees lighting across the closed window, he closes his eyes and lets the sound surround him before he feels someone shifting beside him.

 

He slowly looks at who it was expecting it to be Sungjong, his eyes widening and ridding the sleep that was in his body when what greeted him was sculpted nose, porcelain skin and a flushed cheeks that he knows all too well, his eyes travel down south landing themselves on the latter’s lips before lifting them up to look at his whole face.

 

He lets the thought sink in and Sungyeol remains unmoving as he watches myungsoo squirm in his sleep before he notices beads of sweat down on his forehead with the lightning as his source of light and without thinking, removes the hair on the latter’s forehead.

 

“D-don’t..” Myungsoo whispers, his lips trembling and almost blue and his eyelids trembling. “h-help…”

 

Sungyeol wonders if he’s been having those dreams again. Those dreams that had happened twice since they started leaving together. Sungyeol had always ran next room to rub soothing circles on myungsoo's back before going to his room after he deems that Myungsoo is fine.

 

He wishes that it wasn’t those. That it was only due to the thunder.

 

Without thinking, Sungyeol closes the gap between them. Slowly putting his hand on the latter’s neck and enveloping him in a hug, rubbing the back of Myungsoo as he quivers due to whatever it may be.

 

He remains in that position, tightening his hold once in awhile when a loud thunder errupts, assuring himself that this was real, that Myungsoo was in his arms, that myungsoo was here.

 

Finally.

 

He had been wanting to do this for the past three years, for almost half of his life to this day. To hold myungsoo and comfort him without any precaution of what might happen. He takes advantage of the moment, too drunk to think about what might happen tomorrow and too conscious to leave myungsoo scared.

 

He lets the sleep take over his system as Myungsoo’s breathing turns steady and the loud rain outside lulls them to sleep. He lets his eyes close and hope that tomorrow will be a good day.

 

 

Sunggyu wakes up when he feels something heavy on his chest constricting him from breathing. He cringes at the pain from his hangover. Opening his eyes, he looks at his wrist and notices the weather.

 

It was already past 9am and despite the time, it was still dark out due to the heavy rain. He soothes his head by rubbing at his temples before lifting himself to look around causing Woohyun’s head, which he just notice was the heavy thing, to fall to the pillow and the latter jolts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter