clear sky

Certitude.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu doesn’t talk about what he had heard when he was about to go in the kitchen, opting for seating back down and trying to laugh at Dongwoo who was spluttering nonsense about Hoya and his hobbies.

He ignores the dampness on myungsoo’s cheek as he subtly seats down between Hoya and sungjong and ignores the way sungyeol forces the smile on his lips as he searches for Myungsoo’s figure, biting his lips in disappointment when he sees where the latter is.

He opts for lifting Woohyun up and gently laying him down on the couch. Taking his beer by the hand, he walks to the balcony, letting the feint laughter of his friends envelop him as he looks at the vast expanse of the city from the apartment.

He wonders when things have become so complicated and remembers Minah. He shakes his head from the image before flinching at the voice of someone talking to him from behind.

“What are you up to, hyung?” He doesn’t turn back, knowing who that voice belongs to.

“Nothing much.” He takes a gulp from his beer and feels someone standing next to him. “What about you?”

The latter takes a breather, looking up at the clear sky before shrugging.

They let the low hum of the night and the laughter fill them in, their thoughts all over and their throats burning from the drink. “L” Sunggyu breaks the silence, “What do you expect from Sungyeol?”

Myungsoo looks at Sunggyu a slight shock written on his face before his attention shifts to the drink in his hand, “Forgiveness.” He lets the word escape from his mouth, a slight tremble in his voice. 

Sunggyu looks at him fro the side before opening his mouth yet again, “After forgiveness?”

Myungsoo furrows his brows at the question, the answer was simple. It was what he had wanted for the past three years, what he had been wishing for every night he sleeps, what he had been regretting. “Friends..” a slight smile on his face, “I want to be friends.”

They let the silence take them yet again, Sunggyu not responding to what Myungsoo had said before he lifts himself up from the railing and shifts his body to look at myungsoo. “Myungsoo,” the latter looks at him, curiosity in his eyes.

“You can’t fix what’s already broken. You want forgiveness from Sungyeol and then you want to be friends? After everything that happened in three years time, friends?” Sunggyu shakes his head in emphasis at how ridiculous his answer was.

Friends? Myungsoo only wanted to be friends with Sungyeol? No one cries almost every night for a friend, no one would trade everything—to the littlest of things to the biggest ones—for a friend, no one would give up their happiness for a friend.

There were a lot of things Sunggyu wanted to tell myungsoo but is rendered speechless when he looks at Myungsoo in the eye.

 

Sungyeol gently pushes a drunk Dongwoo off of him, laughing a little as Hoya scowls at him from apparently ‘hugging’ his baby before standing up and walking to where Sungjong was.

“Yah,” Sungyeol says, “I told you, you can drink but not this much.”

Sungjong graces him a toothy smile, “I’m drunk but I’m not that drunk” He nods at Hoya and Dongwoo’s direction who were already passed out on the floor.

Sungyeol laughs at their position with hoya’s legs wrapped around dongwoo’s torso and Dongwoo’s heaed thrown about, his mouth wide open.

“Your mom’s gonna kill me for this” Sungyeol sighs, taking the beer from the latter’s hand.

“What she doesn’t know, won’t kill her” Sungjong pouts attempting to get the drink only for the latter to flick his forehead.

“Yah!” Sungyeol playfully furrows his brows, setting down the beer far from sungjong before he feels the latter enveloping him in a tight hug. He lets the thought sink in be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter